The Time of Ending (Chapter Nineteen up)

Skirax

lets stop getting nit-picky guys. as long as it's a good story who cares? i sure don't!

great work Skirax! keep it up :) but one thing i do want to check is. when they mentioned the warmaster with straken... are you suggesting Straken is the Warmaster? because surely as he is a guardsmen captain he'd be Solar Macharius...

Athiair :)

lets stop getting nit-picky guys. as long as it's a good story who cares? i sure don't!

great work Skirax! keep it up :eek but one thing i do want to check is. when they mentioned the warmaster with straken... are you suggesting Straken is the Warmaster? because surely as he is a guardsmen captain he'd be Solar Macharius...

Athiair :)

Well Solar Macharius was the name of Lord Solar Macharius :) the 'Macharius' part was his name.

And as a Warmaster, you can choose between Lord Solar or Warmaster, Warmaster is just not as preferred cos it's associated with Horus.

And yes, spot on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Wow, it's been a full month since I've updated. And there's all these new generations of writers that are very talented. :o I have to admit, I haven't been writing. But, I promise you, before this time next week, there will and update.

It was a gathering like never before.

I could remember it like it was yesterday.

A million million men, assembled on the greatest Imperial ship assembled since the days of the Great Crusade.

Their armour was glorious, crafted to the level that it could be considered too precious for the army it hosted.

A block of men so great that it would take from sunrise to sunset to walk the length of it.

And like a great border of gods, a lining of gold on a plate of silver, the Adeptus Astartes of the Dark Angel Legion lined the edges of the block.

Atop a dais before them stood two mighty Gods of war; holding the newly crafted title of Grand Master of the Imperial Military Might and Commander of All Armies Under The Imperial Flag, or simply the Grand Master for short, stood Straken, his flesh glistening with sweat, his mechanical parts shining in the low light.

And beside the Grand Master stood one of similar name, but of lesser importance, Grand Master Primarch Lion'El Johnson, the Lion himself.

I can say, hand held to my heart, I wept at the sight.

-excerpt from the Ballad of War, composed by Kirsten Hirick, first Remembrancer of the Second Great Crusade.

[File excerpt from Inquisitor Malachi]

This was the beginning of the greatest Planetfalls in Human History.

May the Emperor bless our souls, for we are truly damned now.

More to come

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow :mellow:

I'm sorry I've been gone so long folks. I really am, and I'm sorry to say that there is little chance I will be able to provide frequent updates, but I shall strive my best to provide you with the updates you so rightly deserve.

Yours forever,

Skirax

• 2 weeks later...

I could remember it like it was yesterday.

A million million men, assembled on the greatest Imperial ship assembled since the days of the Great Crusade.

Their armour was glorious, crafted to the level that it could be considered too precious for the army it hosted.

A block of men so great that it would take from sunrise to sunset to walk the length of it.

And like a great border of gods, a lining of gold on a plate of silver, the Adeptus Astartes of the Dark Angel Legion lined the edges of the block.

Atop a dais before them stood two mighty Gods of war; holding the newly crafted title of Grand Master of the Imperial Military Might and Commander of All Armies Under The Imperial Flag, or simply the Grand Master for short, stood Straken, his flesh glistening with sweat, his mechanical parts shining in the low light.

And beside the Grand Master stood one of similar name, but of lesser importance, Grand Master Primarch Lion'El Johnson, the Lion himself.

I can say, hand held to my heart, I wept at the sight.

-excerpt from the Ballad of War, composed by Kirsten Hirick, first Remembrancer of the Second Great Crusade.

[File excerpt from Inquisitor Malachi]

This was the beginning of the greatest Planetfalls in Human History.

May the Emperor bless our souls, for we are truly damned now.

Dorn paced the length of the assembly, his powerful legs taking him easily towards the dias in a third of the time it would have taken a normal man. His armour had been polished and buffed, the chips in it worn out and any dents removed. It gleamed regally in the light, the gold lining of the copper yellow was glowing a brilliant, vibrant blush. Every step he took rang of importance, and he carried his head high, his pride to bear the Imperial Eagle across his chest easy for every soldier to see. His hair, normally cropped short, was now unkept and scrag-like, the worry of the last few months lining his features heavily, and a light layer of stubble was creeping it's way across his lower jaw.

He was gaunt looking, the shadows below his eyes were a deep black, and his normally strong lower jaw was quivering ever so slightly. It disheartened any Astartes that would have the misfortune to look upon the tortured soul's face.

As he walked to the dais, the last few months worth of news streams were revised in his head; Ultramar under seige, the Necrons ripping apart Mars as they awoke from their slumber, the Cadian gate lost, and of course, the arrival of Horus' Crusade at the last point before the jump into Segmentum Solar. The revised map of the Imperium still burned in his mind; Segmentum Tempestus had been abandoned. Segmentum Pacificus was filled with Xenos that came from beyond the Ghoul Stars. Only in Ultima Segmentum and Segmentum Solar did the Imperial Rule remain.

He stopped, mere feet from the dais, and he looked up. There stood his brothers; Russ, Johnson, the Khan, Ferrus, Vulkan, Corax and Sanguinius. There faces were grim and many had dark expressions wrought with worry, depression and resentment. They knew their jobs, and their reassembled Legions were prepared as well. Guilliman and his forces, still stranded in Ultramar, were committed to the relief force that would arrive in time, but for now eight Legions and countless Regiments would have to do.

Dorn turned his expression to stone, wiped away the sleep in his eyes, and walked the steps to the dais.

**To Be Continued**

more more more more more MORE MORE MORE MORRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is so awesome i want it to continue, everything must proceed :D

seriously though amazing tension! i can't wait for more!!!!

thank you so much, but could you answer me this, is Colonol Straken a normal human (well far from normal but you get my point) more powerful in command stature than a primarch??? because seriously that doesn't make sense tbh

Athiair :D

Archived