Ultramarine bust : Julius Antigonus, Dreadnought

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

I got a few emails concerning Mr. Graham McNeill's web blog. Actually I was quite suprised to see my bust on his site.

The rumour about Julius becoming a character in a future novel is very flattering but in no way has been confirmed!

I am one of the biggest fan of McNeill's work and would be humbled by an appearance of Julius in his work.

Antigonus in the big league??? Believe the dream!!

Here is the hint : Graham McNeill's Weblog

quote:

''Julius Antigonus

A little while ago I was sent a couple of pictures of a sculpt done by John Papoulakos, who’d done this bust of a 4th Company Space Marine. When I looked at it I thought the guy looked a bit beaten up, perhaps a prime candidate for a Dreadnought sarcophagus. Then I read the e-mail more thoroughly and realised that was exactly what he was. Here’s a few pics of Julius Antigonus, and you never know…he might pop up in a future Ultramarines story.''

this model is amazing

this really brings to life the ideas and descriptions of the half dead corpses that live on inside the chapters prized dreadnoughts

Tanx again for the warm welcome!

It's always good to get the pulse on what people think. It's not like I get lots of feedback working from my basement, thank God (or whoever invented the intenet for that matter) for internet.

I know I promised finished pictures of the bust with all his cables and plugs coming out from the front but I had a last change of heart and reworked some parts a few weeks back. I was way behind other projects for GD Baltimore and GD England that I didnt want to rush things for Mr. Antigonus. In a few weeks I will have the pics up on this thread and obviously my website. Thanks for your support!

• 1 month later...

Archived