Sanguinary Guard Army Blog

Dezartfox

I proxied a sang guard army myself to see how it would do.. Sadly I hadn't read the priest entry so they didn't feature.. And with out FNP they do nasty damage and then expire.. So I won in kill points but was sadly wiped out(if only it had ended turn 5).. Dante has no eternal warrior was a shock for me.. and he became gold plated spaghetti because of it.

But your army is looking cool from what I can see.. (which is only the latest picture with the infernus pistol. Damn Dial up) Great pose and feel. I do think it would be cool to find a way to get the gold armor to pop more.. Currently it looks only a little dull.

Anyway great army.

Great start to the SG! I really like the glow effect, I did something similar with my FT's JPs.

I like the NMM gold, but..........it doesn't look finished. IMHO I think you need to highlight it further, it's ok if it looks a little shinny, it is gold after all.

I also think that you have done an AMAZING job on the wings! But for me, I liked the blue/grey version better.

I am really looking forward to seeing more!

GB

This is great finally someone doing what I was gonna do!

I actually changed my army up a bit:

Sanginator

Dante

4x sang guard squads each with a pwr fist and a melta pistol

priest with jump pack

libby dred with a drop pod.

How did you paint the glow on the jump pack? I quite fancy stealing that idea

Seconded!

Mix between washes, thinned whites and stuff, I'll do a tutorial soon, I'm ralatively new to blue glow, always done green ;)

Looking forward to it! I will be doin a 10 man plastic VV squad soon...Will be looking to add some nice effects like that and lightning power weapons ala Seva.

I am trying to put together a relatively similar force, but at the 2500 point level and wanted thoughts:

HQ: Dante - 225 pts

Elites 1: 3 Sanguinary Priests, each with Infernus Pistol, Meltabombs, Jump Pack - 285 pts

Elites 2: 3 Sanguinary Priests, each with Infernus Pistol, Meltabombs, Jump Pack - 285 pts

Elites 3: Furioso Dread Librarian, with extra armor, Shield of Sanguinas, Wings of Sanguins, with Drop Pod - 225 pts

Troops 1: Sanguinary Guard, base - 200 pts

Troops 2: Sanguinary Guard, base - 200 pts

Troops 3: Sanguinary Guard, base - 200 pts

Troops 4: Sanguinary Guard, base - 200 pts

Troops 5: Sanguinary Guard, base - 200 pts

Troops 6: Sanguinary Guard, base - 200 pts

Heavy 1: Dreadnought, with DropPod - 140 pts

Heavy 2: Dreadnought, with DropPod - 140 pts

Basic thoughts:

Drop the 2 heavy dreads turn 1, with the Librarian coming in later when there are other targets ...

2 dreads dropping into their backyard with multi-meltas give them something to worry about right away and should take some of their heavy weapon fire away from the 2+ save sanguinary guard ...

The Sanguinary Priests and the 2 base dreads are the anti-tank .... 2 multi-meltas turn 1 should hit the big tanks early .... then the priests can break off of their squads to hit tanks as needed ... shoot with infernus pistols and then follow up w/ meltabombs ... as long as they stay within 6" of the sanguniary guard, the guard still get their FNP and FC ...

Left the guard base since the priests are the anti-tank guys ... and no powerfists to take advantage of the FC

Was tempted to take the chapter banner for the +1A but would have to ditch the librarian aspect of the furioso .. not a bad idea honestly but like the fluff of dante having an ancient psyker to plan with and you figure this force would have the most senior and powerful dreads ...

I know there are armies that will DESTROY it but it is intended to look good and be fun

PS - not trying to hijack the thread - just express admiration for what you've done and list a slightly divergent army list with the same basic idea

PPS - as far as modeling, all models would get sanguinary guard packs, including Dante and the priests ... but I am going to try and make the priests out of apothecary bits to get the non-artificer armor and get the syringes and vials and stuff right ... not sure about shoulder pads (if the priests shoulder get the guard shoulder pads or if those are too elaborate for regular armor)

schreier

I wanted to try a Sang Guard themed idea as soon as I learned they could be taken as troops with Dante. I don't care whether or not the list is balanced or "competitive", I love it :-) I'm building a similar list @ 1500 pts, and I'll probably steal your idea of adding the Wings + SG Jump Packs on everyone...

Finished the Sanguinor, but as this was my test mini he's going onto Ebay!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/Dezartfox/models2/DSCF1938.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/Dezartfox/models2/DSCF1939.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/Dezartfox/models2/DSCF1941.jpg

Damn you .... Now I want Sang Guard :( but really cant justifie to myself that the Flesh Tearers should have them.

Also Great Sanguinator :D I looked at the second photo and wondered where his arms and head went then realised it was a back shot :P :blush: But thats completly my fault for not sleeping Great work cant wait to see your golden boys finished and ready to slay the enemys of the Blood Angels.

Damn you .... Now I want Sang Guard :( but really cant justifie to myself that the Flesh Tearers should have them.

Also Great Sanguinator :D I looked at the second photo and wondered where his arms and head went then realised it was a back shot <_< ;) But thats completly my fault for not sleeping Great work cant wait to see your golden boys finished and ready to slay the enemys of the Blood Angels.

It gives you all the justification you need in the Codex. All successor chapters have them.

I used my sang list in two games now. Won bolth! First was a char heavy sw list. ran cirles on him to objectives. Won by objectives.

second was against a DS Belial termi army. Destroyed that army to a man. To his credit he did roll bad. And it was a fun list like mine. The army is quite fun to play.

I am building a Sang guard army and I am wondering how needed are the priests with the squads?

They are useless against AP1 and 2 weapons and power weapons, but any other weapon is reduced to an 8% chance of killing a marine after wounds.

So are they useful to stop falling to massed fire, or are the points better spent on more guard?

I am building a Sang guard army and I am wondering how needed are the priests with the squads?

They are useless against AP1 and 2 weapons and power weapons, but any other weapon is reduced to an 8% chance of killing a marine after wounds.

So are they useful to stop falling to massed fire, or are the points better spent on more guard?

They are what make the units powerful, you should always be getting the charge, so S5 I5 master crafter power weapons are a thing of beauty.

Right I am back :P

Played two games tonight!

First was against a Drop pod heavy Marine army, he came down, I came down, took a round of shooting and then butchered all the marines. Victory!

Second game was against a Marine Horde army.. LOTS of marines... 5 objectives which made it difficult. Casualties were heavy but I still managed to hold three objectives! Victory!

SO 4 wins and zero losses so far!

Taking the list to test against my tournament partners at the weekend, so I'll be playing Orks, Wolfwing and Guard I think.

Sweet glad to see I'm not the only one with this idea froan army build. Only I was gonna make mine a DiY successor chapter with a dante stand in (same model just with a black templar power sword i have lying around, and a different paint scheme).

One question though does dante come with the winged pack now? or am i gonna just have to get an extra some how?

It's cool to see that you had success with this type of list. As soon as I've finished my tyranids I will start a Dante+Sang army.

How's the painting going for you? I recall that you painted up your deathwing(s) pretty darn fast, they looked ubersauce too.

So get crackin on these birds.

Cheers

It's cool to see that you had success with this type of list. As soon as I've finished my tyranids I will start a Dante+Sang army.

How's the painting going for you? I recall that you painted up your deathwing(s) pretty darn fast, they looked ubersauce too.

So get crackin on these birds.

Cheers

Uni work is delaying me right now, but hope to get them all done for end of May :)

Archived