Scythes of the Emperor and other actual scale bits...

Doghouse

Lord_Azoth: Yeah I think I prefer that method to brown stuff actually.

Rogue Trooper: Thanks mate. You've got nothing to worry about, your Mantis warrior is looking great mate. :wub:

I've still got some cleaning up to do but it's coming along nicely now. The first picture below is set at the approximate height that it will be once the tracks are in place.

http://i44.tinypic.com/a10d0.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/21awps2.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/95twud.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2b5taw.jpg

I'll be tackling the side doors next and getting the basics for the side exhausts in place.

You can get milliput from most art shops in two forms, I think one is grey and the other is white, the white one is the finer of the two. Milliput is a lot more along the lines of clay (having originally been designed as a plumbing putty I think) rather than green stuff is but you can smooth it with water quite easily.

It's not that great for detail work but works great as a filler and is quite easy to file.

It's actually really light because only the outer shell is green stuff. :)

Cheers guys! ;)

Yeah it's a bit of a brute! :rolleyes:

I'm currently working on the measurements for the Land Raider but not sure if I'm going to go with the Mk I design or the forge world design. The latter would be easier to work out the dimensions to be honest.

I might have to make some assault terminators at some point, maybe do the original model design though because that's my favourite.

Once we get some points values sorted for the game it'll be easier to see what makes the final cut.

Doghouse you are without a doubt the mad Dr Frankenstein of the 40k universe.. Bless you my friend.

The Rhino looks ace, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it painted

Cheers guys! :)

Yeah it's a bit of a brute! :D

I'm currently working on the measurements for the Land Raider but not sure if I'm going to go with the Mk I design or the forge world design. The latter would be easier to work out the dimensions to be honest.

I might have to make some assault terminators at some point, maybe do the original model design though because that's my favourite.

Once we get some points values sorted for the game it'll be easier to see what makes the final cut.

I would love to see your take on the old assault terminators. They are my very favorite old GW sculpt and one of the reasons I even bought terminators back in the day. I'm thinking of building a small shrine to your sculpting magicks on my desk to inspire me to practice sculpting myself. Thank you for re-igniting my interest in the hobby.

Cheers guys! :P

mikhail: You're welcome mate. Always great to hear that I've inspired someone a little. :lol:

I haven't really used too much green stuff on the Rhino so far as it is mostly a shell over a foam board core. It looks a lot more than it is. :HQ:

I haven't had a chance to get anymore done due to illness but as soon as the apothecaries get me patched up again I'll be back with some more updates. ;)

You are Astartes! Illness is an impossible thing for! When we get ill we dont lie around and do nothing we fight!... Whats that Chief Apothecary? Damn that's a nasty one... I withdraw the previous comment(s) and pray that the emperor will send you a 'Get well soon' card

Cheers guys.

Just got back from the hospital and have been told I don't need an operation now which is a bit of a relief so I'll continue work on this as soon as I'm up to it. ;)

S.Bloodhowl: Even Horus got sick mate, I've just got to stay clear of any word bearers trying to turn me to chaos in the meantime. :D

• 1 month later...

Archived