BA 5th Edition FAQ - VII

Morticon

Furioso Librarians can not be upgraded to Episoltaries.

Normal Episoltary Libarians can not take 4 psychic powers, just 2.

Apologies...I misread the bit about the additional powers, it's just 2 powers per turn, (one of which, I understand, can be to use the Force Weapon to try and instant death your opponent in the event of an unsaved wound - thus the question)

However, at the risk of sounding picky...is there a reason why not being allowed to upgrade the character...apart from the fact that the Librarian is the only one talked about in the Furiouso upgrade? After all, the upgrade doesn't say that the Librarian is an HQ choice, and the Furioso is normally an Elite choice, but I assume that the Librarian remains an HQ even in the Dread?

Genuinely interested.

Cheers

The Furioso Librarian is not an HQ choice. It is an elites choice. It only has the options listed in the Furioso entry. Episoltary is not one of the listed options.

Furioso Librarians can not be upgraded to Episoltaries.

Normal Episoltary Libarians can not take 4 psychic powers, just 2.

Apologies...I misread the bit about the additional powers, it's just 2 powers per turn, (one of which, I understand, can be to use the Force Weapon to try and instant death your opponent in the event of an unsaved wound - thus the question)

However, at the risk of sounding picky...is there a reason why not being allowed to upgrade the character...apart from the fact that the Librarian is the only one talked about in the Furiouso upgrade? After all, the upgrade doesn't say that the Librarian is an HQ choice, and the Furioso is normally an Elite choice, but I assume that the Librarian remains an HQ even in the Dread?

Genuinely interested.

Cheers

The Furioso Librarian is not an HQ choice. It is an elites choice. It only has the options listed in the Furioso entry. Episoltary is not one of the listed options.

Ahah, ok...back to the drawing board.

:lol:

And thanks for the explanation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sanguinary Priest in transports - do you measure the bubble from the HULL or the priest MODEL? - please quote a source on the rulling.

At local tourneys the rulling has always been "measure from the model inside the transport, not the hull of the transport" for Shield - psychich non-shooting AoE power AND Sanguinary Priest's bubble.

Getting a look at the FAQ i noticed it's wrong on the Psychic power bit - you actually measure from the hull which makes a much larger bubble for your shield. But what about the Sanguinary Priest? Where is the clarification on that one? Honestly couldn't find it.

Sanguinary Priest in transports - do you measure the bubble from the HULL or the priest MODEL? - please quote a source on the rulling.

At local tourneys the rulling has always been "measure from the model inside the transport, not the hull of the transport" for Shield - psychich non-shooting AoE power AND Sanguinary Priest's bubble.

Getting a look at the FAQ i noticed it's wrong on the Psychic power bit - you actually measure from the hull which makes a much larger bubble for your shield. But what about the Sanguinary Priest? Where is the clarification on that one? Honestly couldn't find it.

Check out the brb, pg 66 (Embarking section)

• 6 months later...

Latest FAQ is found here for those who don't have it.

Also was this ever resolved?

Can Furioso Librarian dread use Wings of Sanguinius and move when he is Immobilised?
Lol that would be really stretching it.

Wether you can or not, i doubt any player in the world would let you do that.

Only the reason I ask is because of the following on the FAQ:

Q: Can a Furioso Librarian still use a psychic shooting

attack if he has no weapons left? (p29)

A: Yes.

Then it should stand to reason that Wings of Sanguinius would move an immobilised Librarian Dreadnought...

Can Furioso Librarian dread use Wings of Sanguinius and move when he is Immobilised?

Then it should stand to reason that Wings of Sanguinius would move an immobilised Librarian Dreadnought...

Absolutely nothing stopping you from using the power.

Just the rules stopping you from subsequently moving.

Absolutely nothing stopping you from using the power.

Just the rules stopping you from subsequently moving.

yeah...they stung me with that one just after the codex landed - though for fluff's sake i still say that a 2 tonne metal box flying through the air with the power of positive thinking alone wouldnt care if its legs were stuck on or not.Apparentlty it does though...grrr....

When rolling for a squad to arrive from reserves, can both combat squads arrive from a single reserve roll or do each combat squad have to roll its own dice?

i belive you can only combat squad after deployment, so roll for the full squad and then you may combat squad them.

When rolling for a squad to arrive from reserves, can both combat squads arrive from a single reserve roll or do each combat squad have to roll its own dice?

Both arrive from 1 roll, because you can't combat squad them until after they arrive.

• 3 weeks later...
I think you should treat Tyco as read. other instances like the sanguinary guard explicitly state the change in status, you could assume that Tyco is as Tyco does.

What's this in connection with? You might want to use quotes

• 3 weeks later...
Silly question time. As the Frag Cannon is a template weapon, does it ignore cover (or is this rule for Flamers only)?

Not silly! And yup- totally ignores cover as its a template!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived