What are you waiting for?

I can't freaking wait for the climactic battle between Horus and zee Emperor himself. Whoever writes it had better do a good job.

What are you guys waiting for?

Seconded, however i think you're going to have a hell of a long wait for that one. Hopefully that one will be out before i die of advanced old age or sheer despair whichever comes first.

I'm really looking forward to Nemesis and the First Heretic but would also like them to eventually get on to some post heresy events such as Guilliman's attempts to hold the Imperium together after the Heresy. Also the disappearances of Russ and Corax and Abbadon stopping the cloning of Horus and destroying his corpse. These would be years away but would be nice to see something eventually.

The Space Wolves side of the Sacking of Prospero, see how much pity people feel for Magnus when they see the truth ;)

But it should be awesome, some nice background on planetary invasion and the basis of my next army.

aint that the truth brother!

but i respect abnett as a author, and think he will have more fairness to the traitors than mcsuck had for us.

WLK

Even though I don't really like the Space Wolves on an aesthetic level, I too want to read Prospero Burns. Abnett is just the kind of author to hopefully give the event the tragic and somewhat ironic treatment that it deserves instead of McNiell's comic book "Boom! Bang! Crash!" writing. On the Abnett note, he did say that he wanted to write at least one more Alpha Legion book which could be either good or bad depending on how many of their secrets he wants to expose. Oh and a book about the Iron Cage would be nice (though this would be years away as it happens after Horus's death), especially if done by Abnett or somebody else that doesn't suck.

McSuck, haha.

I'm waiting for an Ultramarines book with some Guilliman action and another Alpha Legion book. I love these guys, two sides of the same coin.

McSuck is a problem for me...he Fantasy stuff makes me hate the game more, but every once in a while he writes a good 40k novel...and then follows it up with more garbage.

WLK

Anything with Jaghatai Khan. Havent see him since the start and we dont know much about his actions before The Siege. Would be nice to see his reactions to the beggining of the heresy. I remember Horus saying that the Khan would eventually join him. It would be cool to know why he thought that.

Also, how about a Night Lords book A D-B? Finnaly see Konrad Curze in flesh and blood.

Anything with Jaghatai Khan. Havent see him since the start and we dont know much about his actions before The Siege. Would be nice to see his reactions to the beggining of the heresy. I remember Horus saying that the Khan would eventually join him. It would be cool to know why he thought that.

Also, how about a Night Lords book A D-B? Finnaly see Konrad Curze in flesh and blood.

He is actually involved in pacifying the last few elemtsn of a ork empire when dorn calls for the assault on horus, and would take too long to regroup and join in. so he is ordered to terra, and actually briefy adds russ in fighting off a alpha legion attack before leaving russ with orders to draw the AL as far from terra as possible.

he then reinforces terra.

so there is alot of awesome that the Khan can contribute to the HH series.

WLK

At this point, I'm waiting somewhat patiently for "First Heretic." Ever since the series started I wanted to see how Lorgar and crew actually fall to Chaos before turning their brethren. And after finally getting and reading Soul Hunter I'm really interested in seeing how A D-B does the book.

Otherwise, ANYTHING with Dorn and the Fists. So far we've only seen them a couple of times. Like what were they up to before getting recalled to Terra? Just picking up Garro & crew and going to Mars to intercede in the Mechanicus war isn't enough exposure. Although the short Lightning Tower was a pretty good look into Dorn's thinking.

Sanguinius back handing a Demon from the walls of the Emperors palace, then boarding Horus' battle barge knowing he was going to his own death. Now that is the kind of epic stuff I'm dying to read.

Also looking forward to see a return of Garro & his loyalist Death Guard

The Space Wolves side of the Sacking of Prospero, see how much pity people feel for Magnus when they see the truth :)

But it should be awesome, some nice background on planetary invasion and the basis of my next army.

but i respect abnett as a author, and think he will have more fairness to the traitors than mcsuck had for us.

WLK

they wernt tratiors until the dumb space wolves attacked them. the emporor told them to bring them into cusstardy but the space wolves kill them all. i have a hate for the space wolves cus of that,i kill everyone i see

they wernt tratiors until the dumb space wolves attacked them. the emporor told them to bring them into cusstardy but the space wolves kill them all. i have a hate for the space wolves cus of that,i kill everyone i see

This debate has come up many times before...

So directly disobeying the Emperor's orders isn't treason? He specifically ordered the Librarium to be dismantled yet the Thousand Sons continued to hone their powers. Also there is reason to believe the Space Wolves were deliberately misled by the second most powerful man in the Galaxy at the time, the only order that could over-ride it coming from the Emperor himself. Whether Russ recieved the original order from the Emperor himself and Horus gave a change in orders or whether Russ got his orders straight from a traitor is yet to be seen, Prospero Burns should highlight this unless they aim to keep it ambiguous.

What I would like to see though is a Heresy novel purely from the viewpoint of a member of the Imperial Army, I think a more human standpoint for an entire book could be interesting.

What are you guys waiting for?

A decent Dark Angels book.

Edit: Suppose I shouldn't be too grumpy. Looking forward to First Heretic and Prospero Burns. Would like to see something about Perturabo and the Iron Warriors. Also would be nice to see a novel that was Custodes-centric as well.

McSuck, haha.

I'm waiting for an Ultramarines book with some Guilliman action and another Alpha Legion book. I love these guys, two sides of the same coin.

McSuck is a problem for me...he Fantasy stuff makes me hate the game more, but every once in a while he writes a good 40k novel...and then follows it up with more garbage.

WLK

Agreed with you on that one. I feel like he didn't do much justice to both the Wolves and the Sons in his book. As a result, I'm looking forward to Prospero Burns so Abnett can step in and fully flesh out both legions. (hell, I don't care if he makes the Thousand Sons look like a bunch of skirt wearing sissies, He'll at least make them a far more colorful and believable legion of skirt wearing sissies than McNeil did)

Casting my gaze out a little further, I'm looking forward to any stories about the Raven Guard. Actually, any kind of follow-up on the legions decimated at Istvaan V since they aren't really ever mentioned again and there are a few questions left over. For example, how did the Salamanders build their numbers back up? The Iron hands only sent in their first company, so what is the rest of the legion up to? What did the Ravens do during the heresy?

Oh and I'm looking forward to First Heretic since Aaron Dembski-Bowden seems to have the amazing ability to make his characters leap off the page and blow things up (ex. Soul Hunter).

Hmm.

Tough crowd.

We're a forum of geeks who squint at a bunch of tiny 5" models that were worth a lung or two. If we aren't tough, I'm pretty sure both money and self-esteem would start plummeting at an alarming rate. Then again, we could possibly save the world economy as a result :jaw: .

The Space Wolves side of the Sacking of Prospero, see how much pity people feel for Magnus when they see the truth :)

WLK

they wernt weren't tratiorstraitors until the dumb space wolves attacked them. the emporor emperor told them to bring them into cusstardycustody but the space wolves kill killedthem all. i have a hate for the space wolves cus cause or because of that,i kill everyone i see fragment

i know this is a forum and english isnt everybody's first language here, but holy crap man.

you hate the space wolves, not the enlish language.

but to the point, Magnus broke his promise to the Emperor TWICE. if that doesnt make you a traitor i am not sure what does.

and Russ's orders from the Emperor were altered by the Warmaster.

WLK

First Heretic, Prospero Burns, a NL HH novel, an IW HH novel, a Death Guard with Mortarion HH novel on why he turned traitor, pretty much the chaos legions HH novels that haven't been touched yet. Oh and the Khan, Sanguinius, Dorn, Corax. Yea...pretty much keep unfolding the Heresy and some decent Dark Angels books...please...please..please..I dont like them anyway but holy crap, the Lion lets his planet go full chaos because he wants glory....yea no.

I'm most looking forward to a World Eaters book.

I have heard somewhere on here and don't quote me on this but the HH series is supposed to be written over a 15year time frame. Also each legion should have at least 2 books as the main legion in the story.

To be honest im just looking forward to the next section of the story and the progression from there!!

Theres too much "I hate this, this authors that" etc. We should be glad that we are getting the Horus heresy story fleshed out and to be honest ive enjoyed every book. Even the ones that were a bit disapointing came with revelations and bits of information we wouldnt have known before. The saga is immense with many different paths, views and beliefs that each author can bring while attempting to maintain a single story.

Thought id put a stand up for the authors as generally its too easy to criticise.

Archived