Louisiana, USA

Lord Tharand

I'm moving down to New Orleans and was wondering if there are any gaming clubs in the Big Easy? Leaving an area with 4 GW stores withing 40 minutes drive is going to leave me feeling bare and naked! Please tell me someone plays in NOLA!

Well some of us in New Orleans have a very broad definition of New Orleans. If you're moving to the Metairie/Kenner area there used to be a shop out there but I don't know if its still open or not. If you're up for a little drive, about 40 minutes to an hours worth, there is Little Wars up in Baton Rouge which is a very nice shop. They play a good assortment of games over there, from 40k, Warmachine, Blood Bowl, Historicals, and more. For a shorter drive from Metairie you can hop across the Causeway Bridge to Mandeville (my neck of the woods) and check out School of Comics. As the name implies its mostly a comic shop but we do have several tables for playing. We're mostly 40k and Warmachine players though. Trying to get a new game going isnt the easiest thing over here.

Anyways, hope that helps some.

Well some of us in New Orleans have a very broad definition of New Orleans. If you're moving to the Metairie/Kenner area there used to be a shop out there but I don't know if its still open or not. If you're up for a little drive, about 40 minutes to an hours worth, there is Little Wars up in Baton Rouge which is a very nice shop. They play a good assortment of games over there, from 40k, Warmachine, Blood Bowl, Historicals, and more. For a shorter drive from Metairie you can hop across the Causeway Bridge to Mandeville (my neck of the woods) and check out School of Comics. As the name implies its mostly a comic shop but we do have several tables for playing. We're mostly 40k and Warmachine players though. Trying to get a new game going isnt the easiest thing over here.

Anyways, hope that helps some.

Thanks for the reply Buster. I'll actually be in Ponchatoula so I think that leaves me in pretty decent shape for many of the places you mentioned. This is such great news since I feared I wouldn't be able to find anyone else to play with! How many players do you normally have at School of Comics?

Over at School we have about a dozen or so guys that play but its rare that everyones there on the same nights. Wednesday and Friday are our typical gaming nights, and depending on how the owners feeling we're usually there till midnight playing. For the last couple of months we've been holding tournaments around the end of the month but these are mostly a "support the shop" kind of events. To say the least buisness isn't that good sadly. Up in Baton Rouge at Little Wars I think they try to hold a monthly apocalyspe game as well as regular tournaments. You can find a good bit of info on the Little Wars forum through their website, although I think their forums are having some issues.

While I haven't been into playing 40k latley (Malifaux grabbed me and wont let go) Richard at School of Comics and Red Scorpian Girl (sry, only know her forum name) at Little Wars would be the people to talk to at the two shops. Also, Jon the owner at School is a really cool guy but doesn't have a problem being a @$$ to like minded people. Certainly makes some nights more interesting, lol.

School is mostly a comic shop like I mentioned so you shouldn't expect to find shelves loaded with blisters but if there is anything you're looking for Jon is really good about putting orders in for his customers. Little Wars is better stocked being a dedicated gaming store and can order anything you may be looking for as well.

I think there was another shop that opened up in Hammond called Lion Heart Games that would be closer to Ponchatoula but I haven't been up there and don't really know much about the place.

Glad I could help out and feel free to drop by the shops when you come down :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...
I'm from New Orleans (I'm in Harvey) and me and my friends (scattered over West Bank, Gretna, Kenner) have been looking for games ever since Galactic Games closed down. We've been driving up to Baton Rouge for their monthly 40k tournaments and other odd weekends, but mostly been playing at other peoples houses. We're always looking for other places to play.

• 6 months later...

This hasn't been bumped in a while.

In New Orleans there is a shop selling GW product (and Privateer Press as well). They have a fair selection of models on the shelf and are willing to order anything you might want. There are also tables to play on and 40k players gather there regularly on the weekends, along with Fantasy and Privateer Press players. It's open to anything else you might want to play as well.

The shop is Rock-It games. It's at 3409 Metarie rd in Metarie LA. Simpler directions are its right at the end of Metarie road where Metarie road hits Airline Highway.

• 2 years later...

Hi all I am getting back into 40k after a long break. Trying to find some guys who live on or near the west bank that want to start up a 40k game night. Freindly play only just beers and battle no crying like a girl when you lose or being a dick when you win. I know there is a shop in Metarie but its like 25 min from my house and too much other stuff going I.E pokemon and what not. Drop me a line if anyone is interested.

• 8 months later...

INTO THE MAELSTROM TOURNAMENT (7TH EDITION)

AT: And Books Too

August 9th

Registration begins at 10 AM

First dice at 11

Limited number of spots—Contact Alex at zeffryn@hotmail.com to reserve your spot today.

1850 POINTS

PRINTED ARMY LIST REQUIRED

10 DOLLAR ENTRY FEE

BATTLEFORGED LISTS ONLY

30K ARMIES ALLOWED

MODELS MUST BE WYSIWYG (PROXIES ACCEPTED AT JUDGE’S DISCRETION)

FORGEWORLD MODELS ALLOWED

3 ROUND FORMAT

PRIZES AWARDED FOR TOP FINISHERS AND BEST PAINTED ARMY

COME TO PLAY OR WATCH THE EXCITING ACTION FROM THE 40K UNIVERSE ON TABLETOP!

FOR COMPLETE RULES VISIT: https://www.facebook.com/download/315244641975628/AoC%20event%20rules.docx

20+ Prizes!!!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well.. reconessance of little wars and rocket's hideout was interesting...

As I suspected, all the Gw stuff was mostly shoved back in a sad corner. Tho it was interesting to see battle for vedros in a small shop. I was under the impression it was only for big, toy and hobby, box stores...

Saw some really cool stuff from a paint contest at RH. They apparently have a decent sized group, just not that night.

Little wars was a decent game store for everything else. Warmahordes was more than half the shop...

and the owners own warhammer stuff was crammed under tables and behind counters in various states of construction making it feel like somebody's hobby space a bit. Lol, but I could see a lot of folk's doing the same...

Interesting. Might pop by during a meet up.

• 1 month later...

Just letting everybody know that incase anybody was watching the news my family and I are safe. We live on high ground right in the middle of everything. So many people are flooded out, a lot of impassable roads.

If there are any other Acadians in trouble y'all let me know!

• 2 years later...