Frag Cannon & CCW vs Blood Talons

Sadly its another dropping of the ball i believe, with the Talons being almost too good to warrant any other ocnfiguration.

I have to agree here. I can't imagine using a Frag cannon for the simple reason that means I have no Blood Talons!

Frag cannons would be awesome in something like city fight simply because there is so much cover and I don't think furioso have frag grenades.

More and more I'm thinking that Blood Talons are meant to be a DCF weapon more than for a regular Furioso. Particularly since with FLEET and NONE SHALL STAY MY WRATH DCFs can move across the tabletop while it's Drop Pods or Stormravens for Furiosos.

I've found talons to be less than reliable. Only once has it done the magic thing of continually generating more attacks, otherwise I get maybe 1 or 2 more attacks that I normally miss with. I have a conversion lined up for the frag cannon and look forward to trying it out.

Really? This is really bad luck. Of the 3-4 combats I've been in with my DC dread, it has never failed to obliterate the enemy (which is actually lucky as well). You've been re-rolling wounds, right? Normally, you should net 7-8 wounds, provided you are WS+1 on your opponent and aren't facing invulnerable saves. Each attack has something like a 63-64% of being successful, meaning you should be getting more than half of your attacks to wound each time, but the initial roll of to hit is the most important.

Yup, likely is down to my abilities with dice. But only once have I seen it massacre. *shrug*

I mean, the Blood Talons do rock. I got 5 the other day. 3 wiped the squad, but damn it was still cool. I just think frag cannons would be really cool. I'm considering greenstuffing my assault cannon arm dreadnoughts arm until its round on the end and then drilling out a big hole in the middle. Frag cannons always make me think of a wraithlord with a shotgun for some reason though.

Archived