Relics of the Primarchs

So a quick question for all you fluff people out there.

I'm making objective markers in the form of relics from each primarch. And I got stuck...really stuck.

What would Corax, Peturabo, and Magnus have "lost" when they turned/daemonprinced/disappered?

Also what does the Order symbol look like pre-Dark Angels with Primarch look like?

I am just looking for something that is cool and doesn't have to be a weapon, hell for Alpharius we have his bones going with fluff on his "death".

The symbol of the Order as far as i remember was just the sword part of the regular DA embolem.No wings. The Raven Wing was a special branch in the Order and they had their own symbol.

With the Primarch relics don't think you have to use some thing they actually lost in the fluff. Maybe Magnus lost his book? that would make a pretty good objective.

Perhaps Perturabo has recently lost his hammer, 'Forge breaker'. I'm sure the IW would want it back or maybe a radical inquisitor wants it for his collection.

The relic could be something as simple as a piece of their armour

I don't know if these count as lost relics,but the Salamanders are currently searching for the 9 artifacts Vulkan hid for them to find.So far they have found five and four are missing:the Engine of Woes,the Obsidian Chariot,the Unbound Flame and the Song of Entropy.

Also,I would assume that the drake-gun which Ferrus Manus gave to Vulkan must have been lost during the Istvaan massacre,though this is totally assumption on my part.Perhaps if we get more info on Vulkan we will know what happened to it.

So far the list is...well massive...but interesting.

Guilliman: The Codex Astartes

Dorn: Schematics for the Golden Throne

Corax - His Jump Pack

Ferrus Manus - His anvil from his ship

Leman Russ - The Skulls of Freki and Geri

Vulkan - The Skull of the Salamander that he killed during his contest with the Emperor

The Lion - Pre-Imperium Order Banner

The Khan - The front casing of his Jetbike

Sangunius - The Spear of Telesto

Magnus - Pre-Heresy Scarab Tabard

Peturabo -

Mortarion - One of his poison censers

Night Haunter - The Corona Nox

Angron - Brazentooth

Lorgar - The Book of Lorgar

Fulgrim - His Self Portrait (end of Fulgrim)

Alpharius - Alpha Legion Spy with hydra tattoo

Horus - The Mace of Horus

This is the list so far and as you can see, not trying to do that much in weaponry. Plus the book of Magnus should be with Ahriman or completely under lock and key. So that is why trying to stay slightly in fluff.

Reason for Edit: Added Corax. changed name of the chainaxe of angron, and switched talon of horus with mace of horus. Recent: Added Magnus, changed Alpharius, updated Mortarion.

Corax -

Vulkan - The Skull of the Salamander that he killed during his contest with the Emperor

Magnus -

Peturabo -

Mortarion - One of his shoulder poison censers

Angron - One of his Twin Chain Axes (The one from Battle for the Abyss)

Alpharius - His bones (he is presumed dead)

Horus - The Talon of Horus (Left Hand), or his Mace

This is the list so far and as you can see, not trying to do that much in weaponry. Plus the book of Magnus should be with Ahriman or completely under lock and key. So that is why trying to stay slightly in fluff.

Magnus- How about one of the books of Kallimakus.

Corax- A Psyber Raven?

Perturabo.... ok im a bit stuck there,

The reason were not using the Soulspear or the Blade Encarmine is that those are already written as held. The Soulspear is in the hands of the Imperial Fists and the Blade Encarmine, I dont know but the spear was unique enough and just sounds cool to model.

Magnus - We already have two books were modeling so trying to keep that down.

Corax - hmmm, a psyber raven would be interesting.

Peturabo - now you know our problem.

Corax -

Magnus -

Peturabo -

Mortarion - One of his shoulder poison censers

Angron - One of his Twin Chain Axes (The one from Battle for the Abyss)

Alpharius - His bones (he is presumed dead)

Horus - The Talon of Horus (Left Hand), or his Mace

wasnt the spear of telesto found in the BA books by James swalow (sp?)

and i think that the lightning claw abbadon has is the talon of horus

and what is corona nox?

and what is corona nox?

It is a tiara complete with rubies and a single diamond. Made from adamantium from the Haunter's original impact point on Nostramo, all the pretty princesses of the Night Lords and even the Eldar's pretty princesses want it for themselves.

Spear of Telesto - already a reason why i'm using it in the army.

Corona Nox - The Night Haunters crown that kept him calm

Talon of Horus {Left Hand} - I understand that abaddon has the Talon of Horus, but didn't Horus have two weapons, as it is never really described and he doesn't even have the talon yet in the series, I am having some leeway.

Thank you Johnnywonderful, I will be using that.

Nearly all the pictures of Horus in 'Collected Visions' show him with the right handed talon that Abaddon now uses and a nasty looking mace in his left hand,check out p.263.

This is fairly consistant throughout the whole book.

So what happened to the mace? :D

Mortarion : 'the lantarn" his pistol, or the "cup" were he drank poison from after battle (like in Flight of the eisenstein), altough I can't recall if he always uses the same cup for that tradition.

Angron : Gorefather.. he had twin chainaxes (gorefather and gorechild) and we all know who owns gorechild

Horus : he is described as having a pistol too, I believe it was holstered at his hip when he sat in Lupercal court during the briefing before the attack on Istvaan III ( Flight of eisenstein or in galaxy in flames)

angron's relic is Brazentooth the axe he gave to Lorgar that was on the Furious Abyss. He still wields Gorefather.

Hmm, a special artillery shell might work for Peturabo, i'll have to talk to people about it. And Magnus i'm just re-reading A Thousand Sons for a good one.

angron's relic is Brazentooth the axe he gave to Lorgar that was on the Furious Abyss. He still wields Gorefather.

As far as I can remember, Angron now wields his rune covered daemon sword, so Gorefather is still floating around out there, whereabouts unknown... :)

Archived