Relics of the Primarchs

Well, I don't think that you should use Alpharius's bones. It somehow doesn't seem right, with all the Alpha Legion guys going around claiming to be the Primarch. Who knows, he could still be out there. It sort of goes against the fluff, whereas using all the other relics does not, as far as I know.

Didn't Mortarion have a giant freaking manreaper as well. Which I don't believe he's still wielding. And Perturabo had Forgebreaker. Which actually, is probably, in the EOT with him, so never mind.

Angron: Reason were using Brazentooth and not Gorefather is that its one of five relics that have been found, plus its randomly been mentioned that Gorefather is also used in conjuction with the daemonic runesword.

Magnus: I'm thinking of using his gun as Daemon Prince Magnus is not shown using it. Or his Scarab tabard that changed when he became a Daemon Prince.

Mortarion: He still uses his giant Manreaper.

Alpharius: But also according to fluff, he was killed by Guilliman so going with the we dont know if he still lives or not that seems to work.

Also trying to stay away from more book objectives as we have two were modeling.

But holy crap alot of feedback which is very helpful by the way everybody.

Alpharius: But also according to fluff, he was killed by Guilliman so going with the we dont know if he still lives or not that seems to work.

Actually, that information is in question. The Inquisitor who provided 80% of the information in the Alphas' IA article was later accused of being an Alpha Legion agent, excommunicated, and disappeared, which casts aspersions on the veracity of the entire article! Besides, having learned what we have of how the Alphas operate in Legion, we cannot possibly know if -- assuming the Battle of Eskadron took place and if it occurred how presented -- that was actually Alpharius that Guilliman fought. It could have been him, or Omegon, or Sheed Ranko (who had the height to stand in for them); we don't know.

Personally, I don't think the Alphas would leave any relics of their Primarchs behind for people to find. They rely so much on obfuscating the truth and promulgating the fact that they're all one person that it would be detrimental to their operations and reputation to admit and leave proof behind of Alpharius' death.

However, as you say, you still need some sort of "relic" for them. Consider how Hurt Bronzi and Peto Soneka got dragged into the Alpha Legion's network in Legion: they found a corpse that was hydra-marked and had several organs replaced with machinery. Do that. Make your Alpha Legion marker be a dead Guardsman; I'd suggest a Catachan because they have more exposed flesh to paint a hydra tattoo on (hope you've got a steady hand).

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my ideas, some I made up and are not cannon items

Night Haunter- The blade of the assassin who killed him

Lion El'Jonson- Pelt of the Calibanite Lion

Fulgrim- The wing from his shoulder guard, the head of Ferrus Manus

Perturabo- The skull of his adopted father on Olympia

Khan- The head of a slain enemy maybe.

Russ- His drinking horn

Dorn- Of course his hand, peice of amber from his tomb

Sanguinius- A feather from his wing

Ferrus Manus- I think its already been mentioned but his anvil

Angron- Vial of his blood

Guilliman- Laurel gifted from the Emperor

Mortarion- rebreather

Magnus- His staff, scrying orb

Horus- Luna Wolves banner

Lorgar- peice of tattooed skin, 1st dark crozius

Vulkan- smithing hammer, weapon he forged in contest with the Emperor

Corax- Skull of a weregild

Alpharius- 2 shoulder guards 1 of Alpharius and 1 of Omegons

The reason why they are items that are very different is because they are things that have either dissappered, are very well known, not very well known, and our interesting to model.

For the Lion i'll think for an interesting one to look at.

For the Night Haunter, the blade was returned to the temple when the ship returned to imperial space.

Archived