4DC + Lemartes

Ransom

To buy a DC dreadnought we need 5 DC.

Does Lemartes + 4DC = 5DC?

I think so as in Lemartes little box it says he is purchased as part of the DC unit. Any thoughts?

i would think not, but i may be mistaken. I think in technicallity maybe, but Lemartes is a special character added to a squad, but not a official member, just as a leader type.

Also if you get the box set for dc via gw it has the base squad for a dreadnought. just add lemartes with a six man dc, and add a dread after..... If you wanted to go further add a storm raven to transport the six, plus dread into a fun feild of death from above. muahahaha! jk but it would be a thought thats what im doing in my squad.

No it doesn't, as the DC may include Lemartes, not add Lemartes.

I can take 30 DC, including Lemartes.

I can take 31 DC, adding Lemartes.

See the difference?

By that logic, I can take 5 DC, including Lemartes, is perfectly valid to allow you a DC Dread.

then my HG sang priest gets access to the upgrades. Same wording
Actually it's not. The guy with the Honour Guard is a Sanguinary Novitiate, not a Sanguinary Priest. They're two different things, with different stat-lines and Summary entries

No it doesn't, as the DC may include Lemartes, not add Lemartes.

I can take 30 DC, including Lemartes.

I can take 31 DC, adding Lemartes.

See the difference?

By that logic, I can take 5 DC, including Lemartes, is perfectly valid to allow you a DC Dread.

But Jazz, it says you can take 30 DC and include Lemartes.

Lemartes is not noted as a DC- hes noted as a Lemartes. Even in his unit composition hes different.

Isnt that following the same logic as your Priest/Noviate argument?

(edit: I think i get what you meant re: the include vs. add - however it says we may add up to 27 DC and include lemartes.

If I add 30 apples to my fruit box that may also include a pear surely thats okay to have 30 apples and a pear? )

Hmm, maybe, but I think the includes kind of puts a circle round it...

You start off with three, and can add up to 27. The unit can include Lemartes.

That means my fruitbox can hold 30 pieces of fruit, 29 apples and 1 pear. The pear is included in the fruitbox.

If I want to get to 31, I'd need to start off with 3, add 27, and then add another 1. But it doesn't say it adds another one, it says that the 1 is included, which points more towards the 30 maximum, no?

++ I don't think the Priest/Novitiate thing is even an argument, they're different instances of a similar thing? Like Tacticals and Devs are all Marines, just can have different loadouts.

Dreaddy requirement says it needs 5 DC Models, not a 5 strong DC squad. If it required a Death Company squad numbering at least 5, then Lemartes counts. Alas, it says 5 death company models, and while Lemartes is leading the Death Company, he's not a Death Company model. Different name on the stat line, different model.

If Lemartes doesn't count for Dreads, then he doesn't count towards the '27 Death Company' I can add to the 3.

Edit: Furthermore if you check the only other instance of this in the BA Dex we find that you may take 1-3 Sanguinary Priests (One of which may be Brother Corbulo). This wording is not used in the Death Company section.

So I would come to the conclusion that Lemartes does not count towards your 5s for Dreadnoughts, but also does not count towards your 30 man limit either.

If Lemartes doesn't count for Dreads, then he doesn't count towards the '27 Death Company' I can add to the 3.

Edit: Furthermore if you check the only other instance of this in the BA Dex we find that you may take 1-3 Sanguinary Priests (One of which may be Brother Corbulo). This wording is not used in the Death Company section.

So I would come to the conclusion that Lemartes does not count towards your 5s for Dreadnoughts, but also does not count towards your 30 man limit either.

That sounds about right to me aswell :rolleyes:.

no, still no equipment for sang nov. He is a member of yr honour guard, but he still is listed differently to the rest of the marines who are allowed upgrades.

Howw is "for every 5 death company you may take" refering to teh squad including lemartes, different to "any honour guard may take"

A Sanguinary Noviate, to my mind, is a junior Sanguinary Priest, and is operating as part of an Honour Guard as he is not yet experienced enough to operate as an IC.

Hence, he is not himself an Honour Guard. He is attached to the unit.

Andrew

In my opinion, Lemartes does not count to the 5 DC for purposes of getting a DC dread. Nor is he one of the 3-30 DC in a squad.

You can legally take a DC of 30 guys and add Lemartes, making it 31 (and really expensive, especially with jump packs and 2 thunder hammers per DC 3000 points!)

Just like the Honor Guard upgrades can not be taken by champions or novitiates because their type is not Honor Guard, Lemartes is not type Death Company. He does not count to the 5, but he doesn't count to the max size of the unit.

Alright, here's my thoughts.

1) The squad can become 31 members with Lemmy. This is because it says include Lemartes, which basically means add, instead of Upgrade a Death Company to Lemartes. BIG difference.

2) Lemmy does not count for the 5 Death Company. He is Lemartes not Death Company. Yes, this is the same deal as the Sanguinary Novitiate because he is a Novitiate, not an Honor Guard. This all would be a completely different story if it said "For every five members in a Death Company Squad" instead of "For every five Death Company."

Archived