4DC + Lemartes

Ransom

Don't forget Captain Psycho! That brings maximum count without Astorath to 32, but now they'd have to walk. So I guess it's either/or not both Lemartes and Psycho. Too bad.

Forget that, I'm getting Astorath tomorrow so I can have Psycho + 15 ground-pounders in my LRC and 15 fast-flanking JPers with Astorath and Lemartes.

Annihilation is the ONLY victory condition!

Don't forget Captain Psycho! That brings maximum count without Astorath to 32, but now they'd have to walk. So I guess it's either/or not both Lemartes and Psycho. Too bad.

Forget that, I'm getting Astorath tomorrow so I can have Psycho + 15 ground-pounders in my LRC and 15 fast-flanking JPers with Astorath and Lemartes.

Annihilation is the ONLY victory condition!

Unfortunately due to a wierd quirck in the codex, and the mind of mat ward, Tycho cannot take his rightful place among the other death company.

Deathknight that is sweet can't wait to see it. I've been thinking of writing up a DC list for fun games and just using my regular RAS. Fluffwise it would be as if an entire company suddenly fell to the rage during a particularly harrowing battle.

There's nothing saying he can't, so until then I will presume the paragraph under his statbox on pg.41 allows his "induction into the Death Company". Until an Official FAQ comes out, that's what I'm doing. How else would he "join" or "be inducted" into the DC? It's in his statline: "Death Company Tycho" not Death Individual Tycho or Doomseeker Tycho or Loner Tycho, but...you all should get it by now. :/ Unlike Mephiston's loner status, there are several uncontestable clues for Tycho.

Do I really need to be the first to point out that Lamertes is a Chaplain and not a DEATH COMPANY? Most notably, as already mentioned he is a LAMERTES - a unit with his own statline and book entry - that can be "included" in a death company. However, since you can add up to 27 DEATH COMPANY, and there is no mention that he takes the place of one DEATH COMPANY (hence no Lamertes + 2 DC 190pt units) this can be a 31 man unit. In fact, it can be a 42 man unit if you like (two reclusiarchs and 9 Sanguinary Priests) if you have the inclination to waste that many points. He does not count towards a DC Dread.

There's nothing saying he can't, so until then I will presume the paragraph under his statbox on pg.41 allows his "induction into the Death Company"

Actually, the fact that there is no Independent Character rule in the DC statline says exactly that. You're trying to extrapolate rules from your interpretation of fluff - always a bad call. While this version of Tycho is nearly worthless - a bad bit of rules design by GW - that is how he is. DC Tycho should either have kept the status or been shifted to ELITE or TROOP slot when the changeover occurs. Personally, I think they only wrote the rules for fluff based games, in which Tycho runs off on his own at the end of his life and fights entire squads before succumbing to his wounds. Great for story games, terrible for competitive play.

Do I really need to be the first to point out that Lamertes is a Chaplain and not a DEATH COMPANY?
I'm presuming that your Codex has a page 43, same as mine? Read that and then explain to me that Lemartes is not a member of the Death Company.

he is a memeber of the DC but he is not a DC in the same manner a sanguine novitiate is a member of an HG but is apparently not an HG, now I kinda disagree with both of these but I'll play it this way until I here something official to the contrary.

a sanguine novitiate is a member of an HG but is apparently not an HG
That one's easy - the Sanguinary Novitiate is put in the unit with 4 Honour Guard to patch them up when they get into trouble. Doesn't make him an Honour Guard himself, he's just there to carry the band-aids.

But because he's still learning which size of band-aid goes on which size of gun-shot, he's not a full Sanguinary Priest yet, so he doesn't get access to all the Sanguinary Priest special kit.

Still doesn't explain why Lemartes isn't a member of the Death Company though :)

a sanguine novitiate is a member of an HG but is apparently not an HG
That one's easy - the Sanguinary Novitiate is put in the unit with 4 Honour Guard to patch them up when they get into trouble. Doesn't make him an Honour Guard himself, he's just there to carry the band-aids.

But because he's still learning which size of band-aid goes on which size of gun-shot, he's not a full Sanguinary Priest yet, so he doesn't get access to all the Sanguinary Priest special kit.

Still doesn't explain why Lemartes isn't a member of the Death Company though B)

Because he hasnt fallen yet, hes just in danger of it.

IE- he wont get shot after the next battle.

Very simple in my opinion. You need 5 normal DC for 1 DC Dread. Lemartes is an upgrade character and does not count as a normal DC member for rule purpuses. Like the Blood Champion is no normal HG. He is an upgrade character too. Corbulo for example is explicit ment to be one of the possible Sanguinary priests. So Lemmy does not count for the 5 DC limit.

Do I really need to be the first to point out that Lamertes is a Chaplain and not a DEATH COMPANY?
I'm presuming that your Codex has a page 43, same as mine? Read that and then explain to me that Lemartes is not a member of the Death Company.

Because we both also have a page 89, in which the rules for the Death Company dread state explicitly:

You can include one Death Company Dreadnought for every five Death Company models in your army.

It doesn't matter if he is a member of the unit or not. His name is Lamertes, his statline says Lamertes and when you buy his model, guess what it says on the package? Lamertes. He is *NOT* a Death Company model.

It is important to note that the words MEMBER or UNIT doesn't appear anywhere in the DCD rules. Thus, if you were running Astorath the Grim, you could have a 3 man unit of DC, a 4 man Unit of DC and an 8 man unit of DC and still qualify for three DC Dreadnoughts because your army contains 15 DC models.

Archived