chaplains in the deathwing

just had a look through the dex and realised it says 'Each Company apart from the Deathwing also includes a Chaplain, who presides over the brother's spiritual well-being and stirs their fury upon the field of battle'

does this in fact mean that the deathwing cannot have a chaplain or am i misunderstanding this?

You are rigth, the deathwing cannot have a chaplain, as these are not members of the inner circle. But they can have an Interrorgatorchaplain . So basicly they have chaplains. Überchaplains.

Does anyone know how many IC there is? 5 perhabs? They should really specify this in the new codex when it comes around.

it's funny you should mention that coz i am working on a little something something with a little help from a few people

i'm fed up of the weak dex we have so i'm re-inventing it as well as going alot more in-depth with the fluff behind da including a more informative chapter structure. i haven't even started on the stats pages or history and i got 10 pages already

Great another fandex!

So let me guess to make DA different were gonna get...

1. All DA will have the god of war rule

2. DW squads w/ heroic intervention

3. Land raiders w/ infiltrate and as DT only

4. RW will now have a 3++ jink save that also works in CC

5. And while our techmarines will now cost 250 pts will full servo harness, they come w/ a free LR Aries

hmm, did I miss any thing?

Oh yeah, any squad can be upgraded w/ a watcher in the dark which has the same rules as the mystic from the DH codex

hmm, now what to do with IC from the other chapters?

Great another fandex!

So let me guess to make DA different were gonna get...

1. All DA will have the god of war rule

2. DW squads w/ heroic intervention

3. Land raiders w/ infiltrate and as DT only

4. RW will now have a 3++ jink save that also works in CC

5. And while our techmarines will now cost 250 pts will full servo harness, they come w/ a free LR Aries

hmm, did I miss any thing?

Oh yeah, any squad can be upgraded w/ a watcher in the dark which has the same rules as the mystic from the DH codex

hmm, now what to do with IC from the other chapters?

i'm not looking to make a stupidly overpowered dex as that would be completely unfair. what i'm trying to do is rebalance the dex inline the new releases that have overpowered ours and try to negate the negatives that we currently have so no i won't be adding stupid stats or rules but there are a few old rules that may be coming back as they fit the fluff of the DA. other than the rules most of the stats are going to be as are but their will be a few more characters with more emphasis on the fluff of the DA coz at the end of the day we are steeped in history and fluffy goodness that makes us stand apart from the rest but it has never been covered in enough detail

Does anyone know how many IC there is? 5 perhabs? They should really specify this in the new codex when it comes around.

And why should they specify this in a new codex? Saying their are X# of IC's will tie our hands. If (emperor forbid) there was a NUMBER put on them, then THAT'S ALL YOU WILL EVER BE ABLE TO FIELD. The rules nazies will see to that.

For those of you who will never field more than one, maybe two, don't worry about how many they are, there's as many as you need. In a standard 40K game the FoC says two HQ: there's your answer TWO.

I personally have 5 and plan on two more. But Im the Apoc guy that'll field 15,000 points of DW by myself, I might want more than two. And I wont need some pimply, snot nosed rules nazi telling me "oh Dan look here, the DA Dex says that the DW only have two IC's. So you cant use any more than that, aha."

Please don't hamstring the rest of us with a need for a #.

Poor Grand Master Neo. That's twice he's been harshly replied to. Good luck in your endeavors, and remember that Interrogator-Chaplain is a rare position. Only 4 have ever been named in fluff, and only 3 named ones were ever mentioned to exist in the same lifetime. Using codex astartes and reasoning, the number of IC's in the DA are greater than 4, less than 1,000. Check out the B&C's DA codex for inspiration.

Actually I wasn't responding to Grand Master Neo's question, I was responding to Arioch and his baiting GW to put a number on the IC's in the DW. And by the way Brother Styphus posed a very good answer to the question.

I apologize if my reply seemed harsh, it wasn't meant to be. Yes blunt and straight to the point sometimes seems harsh. Those of you who have played 40K for any amount of time will recognize my perception of the truth on the subject of putting a # on anything in the rules.

GW has already made it clear that they are not competent when it comes to putting #'s on much of anything.

Ok, maybe yours will be different. I can't wait to see it. When will you have your rough draft finished?

my rough draft is almost finished. just trying to work out how to post a .doc file on here so people can give me there first judgements

There is a limit on how much can be posted in one post. But start a new thread and put sections in different posts. It'll need to be in the Codex revisions Sub-forum and then just post a link here.

Or send me a PM and I can help you out.

i'm fed up of the weak dex we have so i'm re-inventing it as well as going alot more in-depth with the fluff behind da including a more informative chapter structure. i haven't even started on the stats pages or history and i got 10 pages already

latest count now takes it up to 32 pages and i still haven't started on the stats or modelling/painting section yet

pueriexdeus:

Why dont you want a number? All the other chapters have been more specified in the new codex´. People didnt even use to know how many spacewolfs there was, now they have an extimate. Why should we not know how many IC there is, when the number can not be over 10. I think 5 was a good number. If you dont want to call your IC by a name you didnt come up with, you can always just ignore it, or say that the character is from another timeperiod. Why would you ever need to field more than 5 anyway? Normal battles have a limit of 2 and even in apocalypse is it not a little silly to have above 10?

I like more specified fluff. I think GW is putting more effort into making the chapters come alive through this. Thats how I feel about it.

Actually I've always not liked the totally prescriptive "you have 15 [insert IC type here] in your Chapter" approach.

Remember we are the DA - hell we don't even know for sure how many DA Successor Chapters there are - and we certainly don't want everyone to know how many Int-Chappy's we have do we even if we did know ourselves??

Some things are just best left unmentioned :D.

Cheers

I

Well perhabs Im a little different from other DA players. I always thought that the best thing about a secret is to see it reaveled. If you had a secret that was never told, it would be like having an awsome book that you never opened. And besides that I think it is a little cheap to call everything a secret it smells more of lazyness to me....

Well perhabs Im a little different from other DA players. I always thought that the best thing about a secret is to see it reaveled. If you had a secret that was never told, it would be like having an awsome book that you never opened.

Exactly. Imagine the frisson of excitement everytime you even looked at it :huh:. The fact remains that virtually everything is "shrouded in mystery" or some such and that just reflects the fact that not everything in 40K is a known quantity rather than any laziness on the designers parts.

But I do agree, the mystery stuff does get rather boring after a while as [GW] tends to run out of superaltives/adjectives when trying to put it to paper and it all ends up sounding like the same mush :blink:.

Cheers

I

Archived