chaplains in the deathwing

We're the original Mystery Men of 40k. Back in the early days our Primarch didn't even have a set name, that's how clouded our history had become in the 40k Imperium. Now you can't read a off-hand comment about the DA's without it mentioning that they have a dark secret involving possible heresy. By revealing more of our secrets to the gaming community, the less we become marine and the more we become "oh, it's that repenting chapter." It sure would be nice if GW reminded people that DA aren't purely Fallen hunters, but are actually the purest-geneseed chapter who kicked serious :(

Oh sorry, went on a rant there. How that relates: If you put a set number, you take away more of our clandestine nature. Let us be marines again, and let only our dearest fans know the truth.

pueriexdeus:

Why dont you want a number? All the other chapters have been more specified in the new codex´. People didnt even use to know how many spacewolfs there was, now they have an extimate. Why should we not know how many IC there is, when the number can not be over 10. I think 5 was a good number. If you dont want to call your IC by a name you didnt come up with, you can always just ignore it, or say that the character is from another timeperiod. Why would you ever need to field more than 5 anyway? Normal battles have a limit of 2 and even in apocalypse is it not a little silly to have above 10?

I like more specified fluff. I think GW is putting more effort into making the chapters come alive through this. Thats how I feel about it.

I equate our Chaplains and IC's to senior Non-Commissioners Officers (NCO's). In a basic line unit their will be on an average of 4 or 5 such individuals not counting the HQ element which can have upward of an additional 5 within the company. As you climb up toward the more specialized units and higher HQ's that number also rises. Current #'s of Senior NCO's within most western mititarys is about 8.5-11%

With the mission parameters of the Deathwing it would not be inconceivable that there would be 10 or more within the Deathwing. After all Belial can not accompany every mission and Librarians are probably rarer than IC's, so the defacto leadership of DW strike teams would if at all possible contain an IC in a leadership capacity, and if possible a Librarian also.

The not wanting a # thing simply revolves around the issue of being restricted to that #, nothing more, nothing less. As far as silliness, eh thats what Apos is for. I've actually thought of a 3/2 IC-Libbie TDA Kill team stuck in a lowly Godhammer. I imagine the shocking look on my opponents face when they charge.

Sorry if I sounded a little arrogant, that was not my intention.

I just see th IC as a little group of the highest and most elite chaplins, far more rare than librarians. 1 IC for each 10 members of the inner circle seems a little large to me, but Im not sure how many chaplains a normal company has (is it not just one pr. company?). But I have nothing to build this claim on, so at the moment everything goes I guess. It would just be nice to get some more fluff on the IC, how they work and stuff like that.

The one element not detailed is the stuff outside the standard Codex Chapter organization. The scout company is instructed by Chaplains yet their is only one Comp. Chaplain. They appear to be an element outside the Codex structure. There are no set numbers on Librarians, Apothecaries, Veteran squads (Is it the first squad or a separate squad?) or even scouts. There is a reason for being vague and that allows far more creativity. Remember before this Codex we were limited to only FOUR Chapters because they were the only ones with knowledge of the Fallen and we had the hunt for the fallen rule. Now that has been changed to have any Chapter with DA geneseed be an Unforgiven Chapter. The lack of a Fallen rule also grants us freedom to be Fallen Hunters or an ignorant chapter with the special companies. The choice is ours. If you want a number put one but to add vagueness put in parenthesis (confirmed). This allows the vagueness to continue but a suggestion of the numbers.

Archived