Deadly combination

LordofDeath11

Just thinking if you included Dante in your army and attatched him to the DC then they too would get the Hit and Run special rule, making them somwhat more controlable/lethal, especially when charging an area where many enemy squad's are within close proximity of eachother. Imagine the DC only ever charging things. Getting FC every time!

Also, I know you cannot have two Special characters attatched to the same unit, but you could still have Dante/a Chaplain or Rechlusiarch getting re-roll wounds/hits + FC, then just hop out of the way while some shooty units or a 5 man RAS finish off any(unlikely) survivors, while heading as close as possible to your next desired target.

Q: Probably a stupid question but can you still hit and run if you completely destroy a unit?

Q: Rage references LoS does it not. I mean if a DC Dred has it's back turned to something it doesn't have to chase after it. Why doesnt this apply to troops to. I know they would theoretically be able to turn alot quicker/easier but I would definately want to make the argument that if my squad of DC are headed in one direction, an enemy squad or vehicle suddenly appearing behind them would not techinically be in there LoS and they wouldn't really need to rage after them/it. Just a thought, I'm sure there are a million answers to rebutle this statement, but I felt it had to be said nonetheless.

I can't see anything in the rules that would disallow DC using Hit & Run as it only mentions that they must consolidate towards the nearest visible enemy. Hit & Run moves take place after consolidation as they occur "at the end of the assault phase". I would however say that models would not benefit from the I bonus from Furious Charge when taking the Initiative test to use Hit & Run as this bonus only applies when attacking in close combat.

LOS means anything they can see regardless of facing, however running them with vehicles nearby could possibly screen other stuff from their LoS and allow them to be more targetted. If they see an enemy tank however they chase it.

Most people use them inside a vehicle for this reason it seems

Q: Rage references LoS does it not. I mean if a DC Dred has it's back turned to something it doesn't have to chase after it.

This is not entirely true, while the dread has a facing for shooting resolution, it has a 360 degree arc of view so nothing is out of sight for him.

I thought this matter came up before with chaos dreads having to shoot the nearest visible unit.

Not forgetting, Dante could potentually drop the unit being assaulted to WS1. That's some guaranteed death for you sir.

I would however say that models would not benefit from the I bonus from Furious Charge when taking the Initiative test to use Hit & Run as this bonus only applies when attacking in close combat.

Yeah I knew that already, though it would be cool if they could.

Since when have you not been able to attach 2 special characters to a single squad? that's news to me.

I do actually attach Dante to my DC squad,

5 DC with PW and JP with Lemartes + Dante = 25+ attacks of absolute killing power.

Since when have you not been able to attach 2 special characters to a single squad? that's news to me.

I do actually attach Dante to my DC squad,

5 DC with PW and JP with Lemartes + Dante = 25+ attacks of absolute killing power.

Likewise me, on both counts... Though I've never, ever remembered that Dante has a Death Mask when he's charged in a single game I've played with my BA so far. They cleave through anything they get to assault, at any rate.

Dude, you may be on to something.

Ive left my rule book at a buddies house, so I really need to check the wording of Rage again, but...

I think thats an incredible idea.

It seems like it would actually be viable.

My thinking at the moment is that RAGE only counts for movement and running. Im happy to be proven wrong as Im not sure at this point, but it does seem like a very cool concept.

Now, if they werent 35points each!! hahah

I've just been going through the BRB and can't find an answer to this; would the DC/Dante squad test on Dante's I6, or the majority I in the squad?

I don't think its clear. To avoid arguments I would go with the lower number (as I think it should be the squads anyway), but it is Dante's special rule so there is the possibility it is his Initiative.

Honestly, I heard Jawaballs dismiss a player's ability to use multiple Spec. Characters(quote-unquote to; "stack" them) on his very own blog. He refered to the rule book as well if I can remember. I'll try and find it and post link...

Dude, you may be on to something.

Ive left my rule book at a buddies house, so I really need to check the wording of Rage again, but...

I think thats an incredible idea.

It seems like it would actually be viable.

My thinking at the moment is that RAGE only counts for movement and running. Im happy to be proven wrong as Im not sure at this point, but it does seem like a very cool concept.

Now, if they werent 35points each!! hahah

Thanks for the props, it just came to me while I was pretending not to be useless at work. Thought why no post it and see if any other, smarter(most of you), more experienced(all of you) gamers had an opinion on it.

I've just been going through the BRB and can't find an answer to this; would the DC/Dante squad test on Dante's I6, or the majority I in the squad?

I think this has been covered in another thread, but as far as I remember a unanimous conclusion was not met. Unfortunately. I'm going to go with Dante's Ld though, as has been said, it is his special rule and I imagine if he is talented enough to teach the squad he is with to automatically perform a new trick without any practice then his influence would surely be strong enough that he could inspire them to follow his lead when the act is performed.

I think this has been covered in another thread, but as far as I remember a unanimous conclusion was not met. Unfortunately. I'm going to go with Dante's Ld though, as has been said, it is his special rule and I imagine if he is talented enough to teach the squad he is with to automatically perform a new trick without any practice then his influence would surely be strong enough that he could inspire them to follow his lead when the act is performed.

To be honest, the whole idea is clearly a...creative use of a poorly worded rule (Rage). If it was me, I wouldn't then try to exacerbate the problem by using another rule that is open to debate. Just stick with the squad's I value rather than trying to cheese it by using Dante's. It's all very well him timing his withdrawal perfectly but he then has to shout "Follow me!" and the squad then has to react, ie on their own initiative value.

Honestly, I heard Jawaballs dismiss a player's ability to use multiple Spec. Characters(quote-unquote to; "stack" them) on his very own blog. He refered to the rule book as well if I can remember. I'll try and find it and post link...

He wasn't talking about Vanilla Marines and the various Chapter Tactics rules was he?

Ah, it's Initiative, not Leadership (that's the old version, possibly. I know that's what the SoB Seraphim use). So I don't know if it's majority or not... If it was LD, then it'd definitely be Dante's by the BRB.

Maybe Jawa was referring to you can't typically stack nilla SC special rules... like Vulkan and Pedro.

0b :lol:

*munch, munch* <----THE SOUND OF ME EATING MY OWN WORDS!

Go memory! It was actually someone on his blog making this claim and Jawaballs dismissing it...

Alex said...

Errm....you do realise single model IC cant join another single model to make a unit right?

Jawaballs said...

Sure they can, the rule book even goes so far as to say just that. Page 48 "They can join other independent characters though, to form a powerful multi-character unit."

http://warhammer40kbloodangels.blogspot.co...er-council.html

If you really look at it though it only refers to IC not SC's so I'm still not 100% sold on the argument. But I figure if there are this many experienced gamers doing it it must be legal.(Does that make me sound like a teenager justifying trying weed for the first time?-Everyone's doing it, it mus be okay.) Either way, I would like to see it on paper, or at least a typed quote that originated from a piece of paper.

Farg I'm rambling...very late here...must go to sleep...g'night.

To be honest, the whole idea is clearly a...creative use of a poorly worded rule (Rage). If it was me, I wouldn't then try to exacerbate the problem by using another rule that is open to debate. Just stick with the squad's I value rather than trying to cheese it by using Dante's. It's all very well him timing his withdrawal perfectly but he then has to shout "Follow me!" and the squad then has to react, ie on their own initiative value.

Fair enough, but, all those mofo's have to do is really follow Dante's lead. I mean it would theoretically be as hard as a 'Step' class at your local gym would be to a trained dancer.

It's basically a futuristic intergalactic battle version of 'Simon Says'.

If you use Dante with DC...

My suggestion.. go big or go home..

Add Lemartes for that oh so sweet reroll wounds oncharge...

Add a JP Libby for Shield and Favored Enemy...

13+ DC, 4+ PW, 2+ PW...

Add two DC dreads in Drop pods, locator beacons. Along with an empty DP, so that both dreads arrive first turn.

=1470 pts...

Make sure you charge multiple units whenever possible.

Go all power fist. You'll be glad you did.

0b ;)

No, really. Can't tell if you're being sarcastics or not. That's a hell of alot of pointials though. Don't put the wrong ideas in my head bro I am literally building my VGV's as we speak.

I have all th bitz I need. They are gonna look soooo good. Sarge was gonna have a pair o' LC's or a Pfist w/Storm Shield, than I found this sheathed sword as a spare bit and it looks so cool I have to give it to him! So, tactics aside the sarge will now have both a P-fist and a P-sword. I wish you could buy Iron Halo's for your sargeants, that'd be way cool. :P

Archived