Deadly combination

LordofDeath11

I ran 15 DC with all power fists. Anything they charged or were charged by died. As the game progresses and the squad starts to diminish in number then you can use Hit & Run.

0b ;)

That's nuts. I am kitting out my VGV squad, as I said, and am a bit anal when it comes to things being even ie. having two vets w/Shield/Power sword and two with Lightning claws + sarge sitting evenly in the middle w/p-fist and sword. But maybe instead of having two guys w/LC's I could have one with a pair of LC's and one w/a pair of p-fists...or sarge w/power fists as he gets one for 10 pts or whatever. Ideally the best look would be having the sarge w/2xp-fists + p-sword, I had him rigged like that w/blue-tack and it looked aaawwesooome.<---In Barney Stinson voice.

15 DC with PF would get slaughtered by a lot of things in this game unless you took additional DC to soak up wounds. Striking at I1 won't do much good when you run into a unit with invul saves and power weapons that strike at initiative.

I had a squad of 15 DC with 5 power fists... 15 power fists would be crazy points. Dante was attached along with Lemartes and a Priest (power sword), so if the unit gets charged after deep striking I have two characters at I6 with master crafted power weapons, character at I4 with power weapon and 10 frenzied DC Marines with 3 attacks each then finally 10 power fist attacks going last... Everybody is WS5 or above. One time they were charged by a squad of Wolfguard terminators lead by Wolf Priest, killed them all then charged a squad of Thunderwolves and killed all of them as well. Very expensive unit but also very devastating.

0b :cuss

I had a squad of 15 DC with 5 power fists... 15 power fists would be crazy points. Dante was attached along with Lemartes and a Priest (power sword), so if the unit gets charged after deep striking I have two characters at I6 with master crafted power weapons, character at I4 with power weapon and 10 frenzied DC Marines with 3 attacks each then finally 10 power fist attacks going last... Everybody is WS5 or above. One time they were charged by a squad of Wolfguard terminators lead by Wolf Priest, killed them all then charged a squad of Thunderwolves and killed all of them as well. Very expensive unit but also very devastating.

0b <_<

Thats more realistic...

and not 15 Power Fists...

I usually have4 PW, 2PF in 15 DC, plus the Characters

0b :)

Why do you run a priest w/your DC when they already have FC and FNP? Is it just to give FC and FNP to Dante? Wouldn't it be better if you put your priest elsewhere?

0b <_<

Why do you run a priest w/your DC when they already have FC and FNP? Is it just to give FC and FNP to Dante? Wouldn't it be better if you put your priest elsewhere?

The priest does give Dante FNP... not sure if thats worth 65 points though.

If you use Dante with DC...

My suggestion.. go big or go home..

Add Lemartes for that oh so sweet reroll wounds oncharge...

Add a JP Libby for Shield and Favored Enemy...

13+ DC, 4+ PW, 2+ PW...

Add two DC dreads in Drop pods, locator beacons. Along with an empty DP, so that both dreads arrive first turn.

=1470 pts...

Make sure you charge multiple units whenever possible.

How are you buying an extra drop pod just to run it empty? It is a dedicated transport so must be bought for unit before you can drop it empty.

If you use Dante with DC...

My suggestion.. go big or go home..

Add Lemartes for that oh so sweet reroll wounds oncharge...

Add a JP Libby for Shield and Favored Enemy...

13+ DC, 4+ PW, 2+ PW...

Add two DC dreads in Drop pods, locator beacons. Along with an empty DP, so that both dreads arrive first turn.

=1470 pts...

Make sure you charge multiple units whenever possible.

How are you buying an extra drop pod just to run it empty? It is a dedicated transport so must be bought for unit before you can drop it empty.

You buy it for a dev squad, Rifleman dread, tac squad, sternguard... or some other unit.. they dont need to actually board the drop pod

0b :mellow:

The priest does give Dante FNP... not sure if thats worth 65 points though.

My thoughts exactly.

Archived