Knights of the Abyss WIP

Leardinal

I haven't posted an update in a while because I have changed shifts at my job and started going back to school and am still trying to find a place for the hobby in my new schedule.

@DAT: Why thank you, I am glad you think so.

So, I got my order from Anvil Industries and I "had" to redo my Captain again.

gallery_53411_5179_149138.jpg

I don't like the look of one handed Bolters anymore, (Though my Sternguard Veteran Sergeant will, but that's because of the Power Fist I will be using with him,) and a bunch of the little bits from the old one will go onto the new one, (The Power Sword, the Iron Halo, the Helmet, the Scabbard, ect...).

Since all my Sergeants are getting special helmets, I decided my Scout Sergeant shouldn't miss out.

gallery_53411_5179_471307.jpg

Not going to be the Sergeant, but I needed to model the Helmet.

Got around to finishing my Tactical squad.

gallery_53411_5179_178319.jpg

The Sergeant with a Power Maul.

gallery_53411_5179_67612.jpg

Combat Squad the Captain will be running with in my 500pt list.

gallery_53411_5179_543394.jpg

Heavy Weapon Combat Squad.

gallery_53411_5179_773640.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone.

So, In between changing shifts at my job, school, looking for a summer job, Dark Souls, Battlefield, StarCraft and A Song of Ice and Fire, I kind of stopped working on my project, but I have some ideas bouncing around in my head for what to do with the tanks and banner and that has me working again.

The Tactical Squad with a coat of grey

gallery_53411_5179_298814.jpg

This guy is a bit farther along

gallery_53411_5109_135735.jpg

A shot of his Squad heraldry

gallery_53411_5109_47524.jpg

I also had a metal powerfist that was packed into one of my kits that seems to not belong, (sorry if you got a model and it was minus a powerfist,) so I used it to make my Sternguard Sergeant

gallery_53411_5179_3477.jpg

And finally, the most recent incarnation of my Counts-As Tycho

gallery_53411_5179_868402.jpg

Some progress at last :P

The only advice I can give is to get some white primer, even if you want to prime black first and then spray the upper areas with the white it will make painting that scheme much quicker and easier ;)

@ Razblood:  Haha, yep, finally sat down to do some work.  I would love to base them white, but more then half my army was based black from my last scheme, I don't feel like trying to strip them, and this way seems to work well enough.

@ Reckoning34: Its from the Empire General kit for WFB

@ Razblood:  Haha, yep, finally sat down to do some work.  I would love to base them white, but more then half my army was based black from my last scheme, I don't feel like trying to strip them, and this way seems to work well enough.

@ Reckoning34: Its from the Empire General kit for WFB

Fair enough :lol:

But you wouldn't need to strip them o0f the black, just give a light coat of white from about a 45 degree angle. This will highlight the whole model and make getting a smooth final white with decent shading much easier :) But if you are happy with what you have going on (and why wouldn't you be?) then all power to you ;)

@ Dorns_fist: Thanks man

@ Razblood: I can certainly give it a go, see what happens

@ Marshal2 Crusaders: Its from the Empire Greatswords kit from WFB

@ Blindhamester: Thanks!

@ Dark Apostle Thirst: Haha, yep. I have hidden Dark Souls in a small fold in reality so it can't tempt me to spend my time playing it instead of working on my project.

I got some free time today, and decided my ramshackle Predator variant prototype needed some work done to it.

The Marine with redirected power cords

gallery_53411_5179_871290.jpg

Added hydraulic looking things to make the doors seem more stable

gallery_53411_5179_825876.jpg

And with the marine in place

gallery_53411_5179_629874.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I even sat in front of my 40k work desk, but I have quite a bit of free time now.

So, Bikes are happening

gallery_53411_5179_590915.jpg

Also, I should mention I am considering changing the Chapter Badge again, so I have left off their left shoulder pads.

Sergeant with a Flail

gallery_53411_5179_228756.jpg

Melta Gun guys

gallery_53411_5179_1017354.jpg

Squad Standard Bearer and Generic Biker

gallery_53411_5179_19559.jpg

And the Multi Melta Attack Bike

gallery_53411_5179_964206.jpg

I still need to drill the the Multi Melta, but I was ready to call it a day after putting it together

Hopefully my next update won't be a year away this time

Archived