Purifiers/And their mysteryNemesis.

Shinzaren

EDIT EDIT: Actually, they're very generic. And I really must stop automatically posting ideas for white armour just because I think it's the coolest colour. :)

Yeah, everyone knows black and red is the best.

Sure they do. :huh: :P

Hey, that scheme looks familiar. ;)

Though I'm a bit biased, I tend to like my black and white scheme. The yellow-gold looks to soft and happy and bright. They don't contrast enough.

Fair enough. I'm just randomly throwing ideas around in case they turn out to be any good. :P

Actually, that's what I was going to bring up after we decide on the paint scheme.

Oh, and I, though I am biased, vote for the first one. No, it's definitely not mine. Why would it be mine? You are mistaken. I didn't post this at the first page. Don't look at me like that!

Substitute the word "pure" for "plain". I think it gives them that "Crusader of death and doom (and purification look). To me, the rest of them, except for the second-to-last one, look too soft and pillowy in a way. It's a tad hard to explain.

And the second to last one is almost an exact copy of my Imperial Monarchs Chapter. :mellow:

I stick by my vote for #1, it is just more action oriented (because of the black). The others are more about saying "we are pure".

I stick by my vote for #1, it is just more action oriented (because of the black). The others are more about saying "we are pure".

Which is the goal actually, so that came across well :mellow:

"We are pure" alone doesn't fit with the name "Purifiers". A purifier is something that makes something else pure. Which is what I meant by action oriented.

I've been thinking that the reason they are at a low strength should be because when the Nemesis blew up the planet, they took half the marines in the chapter with it, not because the Nemesis is the other half of the chapter. I'm not sure about this though.

I was always a bit more inclined to this idea. I like the mystery of a Renegade force we know little about just showing up and totally messing up the Loyalists every chance they get. Unknown origins, unknown motivations, heck, even unknown means of locating their Loyalist targets <_<

Well, colour-wise I'd have to vote for the mostly-gold-with-white-trim one, but since that's one of my schemes, I shouldn't really be allowed to.

The idea behind it was to do with Gold being an untarnishable metal and all that jazz, much like the Purifiers are untarnishable.

I do see what you mean, though - having some colder, harder colours might work better than the gold & white.

Alright, I guess the white scheme wins. Now onto the the chapter symbol. So far we have Ecritter's. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Note on marine numbers:

Based on the number of Thunderhawks a chapter has, I think they could probably get around 750 marines off the planet. Also, with the hulk, I think that because much of it would be open to vacuum so there wouldn't be to many enemies. Maybe some minor chaos stuff and a stealer hive. Both would be easy enough for the marines to deal with.

Archived