This is the Liber Astartes, PART II

Shinzaren

So will no one explain this madness to me? It all looks very fun.

The question is: is it explainable? I'm not sure I would be able to put this whole thread in a handful of words.

Ludovic

So will no one explain this madness to me? It all looks very fun.

If its fun then does it really need explaining. Explanations and full understanding ruins so many fun situations.

Aquilanus - That's brilliant, and gave me a great idea... ;)

But... you're off leading Cambrius and Reyner down to the Space Wolf forum, hunting down the escaped typo when Ferrata declares his plan.

How come everyone latched onto the idea that the end of the war on typos is coming, but not that some Liberites are off outside the forum when it happens? :lol:

Oh, never mind.

It's either me not writing well enough or something to do with that 'loose canon' stuff that creates so many headaches.

I also have a funny feeling this cloning thing is going to go critical at some point. :)

EDIT: This one's for Normish. :D

Synopsis:

The Liber Astartes is a den of madmen of all kinds and affiliations, where we take Chapters that are a dozen poorly imagined ideas, basically put them through hell, and hope it results in a Chapter that everyone else in the whole world is both inspired by and jealous of.

The Space Wolf Forum nextdoor is a den of madmen of a decidedly alcoholic beverage-swigging, beard-growing, fight-starting, Allfather-honouring nature, who can spontaneously turn lighthearted discussions on how many Grey Hunter packs to take in an 1850 points all-comers list into a brawl, with much swigging of ale and breaking of furniture.

No interaction between the two will ever result in anything sane.

Chronicling said interactions at length requires a strength of mind that would make a Grey Knight hand in his storm-bolter, and have Ahriman looking for the paracetemol.

We've presently got a barroom riot going on next-door, and two groups of Liberites being marched about outside by a Dark Apostle representing the Heresy Dept. all looking for an escaped typo. We've also got, hopefully, the closing stages of the typo war in the Liber.

Aquilanus - That's brilliant, and gave me a great idea... :devil:

But... you're off leading Cambrius and Reyner down to the Space Wolf forum, hunting down the escaped typo when Ferrata decalres his plan.

How come everyone latched onto the idea that the end of the war on typos is coming, but not that some Liberites are off outside the forum when it happens? :lol:

Oh, never mind.

It's either me not writing well enough or something to do with that 'loose canon' stuff that creates so many headaches.

I also have a funny feeling this cloning thing is going to go critical at some point. :D

Aha, woops, my bad :P I kinda forgot my role in things, I should have remembered you've already included me. Just put it down to me being a mod - as I said, what I can and cannot do is somewhat flexible :D

It's not cloning... it's transfering the 'soul' of the chapter, of the IA, into a suit of armour to represent that chapter in the Liber. For more soldiers. In case you guys needs some help, or something crazy like that :D I was actually trying to open the door for some of your guys's chapters to start wandering around... ;) After the typo war of course :P

I remember trying a combination of Wolfwhizz and Mjod once...how I ended upside down hanging off one of the ornate gothic chandeliers in the Dark Angels' section I've no idea...

Really? The last time I tried it I only ended up with a slight burp... and that was only after four disgusting barrels (I wanted to see what the so-called fuss was about).

Ah..Heru. No mere mead here. It's Wolfwizz or Mjod. Although, giving those to a non wolf can be a tad dangerous at times.

You haven't tried Onyx Warlord Nyxian mead, fermented between five hundred and one thousand years. :lol:

How come everyone latched onto the idea that the end of the war on typos is coming, but not that some Liberites are off outside the forum when it happens? :wub:

It is a trick, the typos are leading everyone into a false sense of security. There is also something far more evil than mere typos coming. I can feel it!

It's not cloning... it's transfering the 'soul' of the chapter, of the IA, into a suit of armour to represent that chapter in the Liber. For more soldiers. In case you guys needs some help, or something crazy like that ;) I was actually trying to open the door for some of your guys's chapters to start wandering around... ;) After the typo war of course :)

I think Ahriman might be pissed at you DAT for stealing his namesake... Now we have automatons creeping thru the Liber under the Rubric of Dark Apostle Thirst. What other shenanigans could we bring to the table. Next up someone tries to unplug the Golden Throne just for kicks. :P

There is also something far more evil than mere typos coming. I can feel it!

You would be right :confused: And Ace of course is correct; even if this battle is won, the war continues...... ;)

Aha, woops, my bad :confused: I kinda forgot my role in things, I should have remembered you've already included me. Just put it down to me being a mod - as I said, what I can and cannot do is somewhat flexible :)

Give me some time.... I may be able to explain the "discrepancy" ;)

Ah..Heru. No mere mead here. It's Wolfwizz or Mjod. Although, giving those to a non wolf can be a tad dangerous at times.

You haven't tried Onyx Warlord Nyxian mead, fermented between five hundred and one thousand years. -_-

That an offer? So long as its not fruit based and full of gas that is.

You haven't tried Onyx Warlord Nyxian mead, fermented between five hundred and one thousand years. -_-

That an offer? So long as its not fruit based and full of gas that is.

I bet its not as good as Baal's seasonal Scorpion Stout. This exquisite stout is known to have a tad bit of a kick. Mostly from the scorpion venom your body is dispersing.

I'd say that O-W's Nyxian mead would be hella good, expecially after year 500 or so...

A teaser of sorts, as I've had a few ideas. What follows will be in the next bit I have planned on Friday :lol:

It was getting bad. Very bad. Progress was slowed to almost a halt as the amount of Typo Daemons grew exponentially. Each was different, and the experience gained from defeating the last was not always able to defeat the next. This one that was massive, by far the biggest that Octavulg and his party had yet seen. It roared it's defiance, taking a swing at Space Wolf Aquilanus, knocking him from his feet, bolter dropped in his effort to dodge the blow. Amber Dragon Aquilanus aimed his Multi Melta, hoping to catch the creature unawares, fully aware that the Son of Russ was in the blast radius. Knowing that he needed to hit it, he fired. The Daemon roared again as the discharge caught it square in the back. Faltering, it fell forward to it's knees.

Edging forward. Octavulg aimed his own weapon, wary of of any trick. Staring at it's repulsive face, he could see it's mouth move silently, as if it was trying to speak.

"Wehn al si siad nad doen, we sahll taek htis Citedel nad feed on you're boens" it rumbled.

"What the hell did it say?" asked SW Aquilanus

"I'm not sure," Octavulg replied, "And we don't have the time to find out." And in so doing fired a bolter shell into it's head. The creature squealed uncharacteristically and died.

Following the corridors back to the entrance of the Liber, their progress was completely halted. The path was blocked by another Daemon composed of vast letters, pulsating horribly. Words both cogent and insane could be seen in it's mass. It became obvious after ten minutes of sustained fire, that it was not going to be defeated.

A rumbling sound caught the parties attention behind them. In the distance, another Daemon rumbled towards them. It didn't have legs, but four wheels, it's torso seemed to be made of wood, the top of which was a long cylindrical tube of metal. It gathered momentum as it got closer.

"Just what we need, " muttered Octavulg, "Brothers. Stand ready to repel!"

On this order, the party took positions. They were cornered, battle weary and low on ammunition. They were, however, not ready to give up.

Hmmm.... Crusading into a crusade of a crusade. Is this going to develop into an infinity loop? And how does one purify the purifiers?

These are getting quite nice. I think we need to develop a false personality to submit this to Black Library as a novel draft. I claim the mouth if we ever need to form a single giant human, sort of like transformers, or whoever does that combine thing. We could name it L H-D. Not obvious at all...

These are getting quite nice. I think we need to develop a false personality to submit this to Black Library as a novel draft. I claim the mouth if we ever need to form a single giant human, sort of like transformers, or whoever does that combine thing. We could name it L H-D. Not obvious at all...

Excellent idea, but... what does the 'H' stand for? ;)

Given that we're getting more details from the war against Typos, I think this short snippet before my next story is appropriate.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ace and Chapter Master Ignis Domus made their way back down the halls of the Legio, passing by the gateways to the personal libraries of the hallowed first founding legions. Ace's auspex still showed no signs of a typo, and he had the nagging feeling the batteries were running low.

"Say, do you think the others will mind if we stop off at the Liber and pick up some more batteries before we catch them up?" Ace enquired.

"I suppose not, so long as you're quick. That typo won't purify itself, you know." CMID said, making sure to check every nook and cranny as they went. He held his Purifier Standard high, ready to crash down on any unsuspecting typos.

"I could always get my bike if we need to catch them up quick." Ace mused.

"As Shinzaren would say; 'Oh Emperor no'. I'm not having you zooming down these halls like a madman, disgracing the Liber's name. That's an order, Ace."

"Wait, how come you're senior officer on this mission anyway? I've been here longer than you."

CMID waved his banner. "I've got a better flag than you." He said, confidently.

"But I don't have a flag." Ace looked puzzled.

"Exactly. No flag, no authority. Simple. Also, you're basically insane, which disqualifies you from leading anything."

"I'm not insane," Ace protested, as the two marines pushed open the doors of the Liber. "I'm just - by the Emperor's Earlobes!"

The normally stoic, placid halls of the Liber were filled with the corpses of dead and dying, both serfs and typos alike. The smells of death and spellchecking hung heavy in the air. Ace and Ignis looked about them in genuine surprise.

"Why do I get the feeling we've missed something?" Ace pondered.

"Only one thing leaves this sort of devastation in it's wake." CMID crouched by one of the dead serfs, looking at his wounds.

"But Apothete's still asleep, isn't he?" Ace frowned.

"I meant angry Moderators." CMID scowled. "And I don't think we should hang about to find out why they're so mad."

Just then, Dark Apostle Thirst's voice crackled over the vox-link.

"...Domus, get a move on. If you've... get Ace to bring his bike - we've got to catch that typo NOW..."

Ace grinned a fiendish grin. CMID sighed a heartfelt sigh. "Go on, then. You heard him."

Moments later, the silence of the Legio's halls was broken by the roar of a bike's engine growling like a Space Wolf confronted with a tavern that only stocks water. The doors of the Liber burst open briefly to admit two marines on a white-and-blue quartered bike, travelling at forty miles an hour and accelerating. The guards outside the Index Astartes forum exchanged glances as the bike whizzed away, maniacal laughter only just audible over the roaring engine.

"Man just accelerated out of the Liber on a bike waving a big banner and yelling 'Oh Emperor No.' "

"Must be Wednesday already."

"Yeah."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

EDIT:

One guess.

nice additions Aquilanus and Ace to this epic story of epic proportions, this thread has not yet reached it full epic limit yet.

Oh and CMID I claim the left pinky toe if we ever form up into this LHD transformer thing-a-ma-bob...

Ragnarok picked up one of the surviving benches and leaned back, satisfied. Finding he still had an unbroken cigar, he lit it and leaned back, surveying the place. Warhorse was slowly trying to get up after the thrashing he had received as Ragnarok used a large dense object [Forte] to claim the last keg of Wolfwhiz. Decoy looked over and asked "Well, are you going to open that or not?"

Lord Rags grinned, blew a smoke ring and nodded. Catching the tap Decoy tossed over, he expertly struck it into the keg only to have a hideous black creature come spraying out of it! With a screech like a Sister of Battle caught in shower, it raced from the room as the battered Wolves tried to catch it to no avail. Sliding into the great hall it rocketed away as the Wolves went after it for desecrating their last keg of Fenris' finest.

Ragnarok used a large dense object [Forte] to claim the last keg of Wolfwhiz.

I laughed most heartily at that.

I actually have some plans for that last keg. :P

Let's just say the SW Mods are determined to get home to Fenris with some ale left over for once, if only to say they managed the impossible.

Ragnarok used a large dense object [Forte] to claim the last keg of Wolfwhiz.

I laughed most heartily at that.

I actually have some plans for that last keg. :D

Let's just say the SW Mods are determined to get home to Fenris with some ale left over for once, if only to say they managed the impossible.

It's a common sight in the Fang. One variation in the Greenhammer. That requires a (not necessarily) unconscious Arez and a good swing. Just hope that no one uses the 'Nrthammer' on you as young Ironchin has earned his name well and is the only Bloodclaw to sport a big bushy beard.

: More cocky than a Space Puppy on saga night mode :

I am sort of glad that no-one has tackled what it would be like to see me fighting typos yet. For like Aquilanus, I am the expression of my Chapters, but unlike he, I am unified behind a single dominant will. My Chapters & non-Chaos other Godly pantheon worshipping Traitors (you LHDers worship weakling gods!) give me strength and a vast amount of skills to call upon. Where his give him split argumentative personalities and the ability to split up (making each only a Chapter/Warband strong).

Oh and the whole wielding failed Liberite spines and skulls as flails...

Archived