Hints of a New Model

Guroff

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It means this model is unfortunately possibly true.

*licks up the tears of nerdrage* aaaahhh so tasty those tears of whine and complete hatred made over only 1 badly angled picture.. So precious..

On a more serious note: I am looking forward to what it is. For it to be announced like this I think we will see a lot more than the Stormraven. The Furioso kit or upgrade sprue is a great option, maybe a plastic jump pack honour guard to replace the old semi-metal one? Who knows..

At least, this will be a nice week to be BA.

Well, for what its worth, I like the Stormraven model. Its ugly the way a bulldog is ugly, but there is a certain appeal to its boxy frame and harsh angles.

This is a war machine of the Adeptus Astartes, not a hover tank or fighter jet used by the Eldar or Tau. It should look harsh, rather than sleek.

Hey! Bulldogs are nice (I had two bulldogs and they're the nicest dogs I've ever seen)  :P

But dont' you find that turret look like the Eldar ones, used on their tanks? (Falcon and Prisma). The overall style of the model is pretty Astartes-like to me.

As was mentioned by others, I would also buy this model but the necessary tweaks are simply unavoidable  :P

I am not 100% sure about the turret myself, it is indeed something we are not used to see from Astartes or the Empire for that matter. I am just not sure if we can just shove it off as 'too Eldar' and call it that.

It is a new kind of turret we are not used to see, but think about this: This ship is made for high orbit, low orbit and in atmosphere fighting and delivery. A turret that goes all the way up is a must have for space flight because up and down are not really good directions. And if you need to turn the entire ship to shoot at an incoming enemy in space just because it comes from above, you are very quickly quite screwed.

I see that turret as designed to be used a lot in space, compared to most other Astartes atmosphere turrets being made to be used on the ground and be sturdy enough to survive artillery bombardments and such.

Just me 2 copper concerning the turret though.

I am not 100% sure about the turret myself, it is indeed something we are not used to see from Astartes or the Empire for that matter. I am just not sure if we can just shove it off as 'too Eldar' and call it that.

It is a new kind of turret we are not used to see, but think about this: This ship is made for high orbit, low orbit and in atmosphere fighting and delivery. A turret that goes all the way up is a must have for space flight because up and down are not really good directions. And if you need to turn the entire ship to shoot at an incoming enemy in space just because it comes from above, you are very quickly quite screwed.

I see that turret as designed to be used a lot in space, compared to most other Astartes atmosphere turrets being made to be used on the ground and be sturdy enough to survive artillery bombardments and such.

Just me 2 copper concerning the turret though.

I agree. But IMHO it would look much better if those cannons were placed like the modern gunships (on sponsons on the sides of the ship) or like mechs from battletech had. For this purpose Predator sponsons would do fine. They can rotate in horizontal plane as well as adjust in the vertical plane. The main tactical disadvantage of the turret IMHO is that it has too much glass. Imagine what one clear shot will do with the ship - the gunner is dead and the ship suffers depressurization... That's not good  :P

Ah, it's too bad I have no skills with photoshop - I'll have to buy the StormRaven and rebuild it physically  :P

Brothers, don't know what you think, but there is something very much like the new model flying on the right of the picture on p22 of the Codex. I know this is a B/W version of the old codex cover, but that cover image ends just to the right of the flying skull. Could it be the right side of the image is a photoshop, hiding the Stormraven in plain sight?

I wondered about the flyers behind the captian on page 40, too. I assumed they wer Thunderhawks, but they might be stormravens forshorterned by perspective..

Brothers, don't know what you think, but there is something very much like the new model flying on the right of the picture on p22 of the Codex. I know this is a B/W version of the old codex cover, but that cover image ends just to the right of the flying skull. Could it be the right side of the image is a photoshop, hiding the Stormraven in plain sight?

I wondered about the flyers behind the captian on page 40, too. I assumed they wer Thunderhawks, but they might be stormravens forshorterned by perspective..

They look like vaguely drawn Thunderhawks to me... I think it's wishful thinking :lol:

Had GW decided what would StromRaven look like by the time Codex was printed, I think they would have posted it's picture alongside its description.

With all this "secrecy" around their new models (the disappearance of Stormraven's pic from GW's site; today's "great" announcement) I think we might expect them to tweak that Stormraven model and present a new one... I think it's also wishful thinking though :wacko:

Since the Stormraven is nose heavy, wouldn't an engine with the same weight as the nose end balance/balanced out its center of gravity?

sstttt your talking science and common sense, 40k has no sense for that sir :rolleyes:

Since the Stormraven is nose heavy, wouldn't an engine with the same weight as the nose end balance out its center of gravity?

sstttt your talking science and common sense, 40k has no sense for that sir :tu:

Indeed, but that is what i have been thinking about lately aesthetically design and logically wise.... ^_^

Archived