Hints of a New Model

Guroff

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not bad at all DV8. :tu:

I still think some sort of tail would probably be nice though.

Something like this perhaps? I'm not sure what the back looks like so I'm not sure how such an assembly should attach to the rest of the model, but it's food for thought anyway.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2241/stormraven4f.jpg

Wow now this looks like the model I want to buy! It's almost exactly what I've been remodeling it to look like in my head. I'd maybe go a step further and alter the wings a little, but this is getting close to what I'd like it to be.

I first looked at this model and hated it now I'm still not digging it's aesthetics, but I am finding my self feeling sorry for the poor thing. Even if it's as ugly as the picture would have us believe (IMO) it'll still be a very nice starting point to convert from.

Not bad at all DV8. ^_^

Something like this perhaps? I'm not sure what the back looks like so I'm not sure how such an assembly should attach to the rest of the model, but it's food for thought anyway.

It would, like you say, depend entirely on what the back of the model looks like.

http://www.spacewithinspace.net/images/projectlog/november12_modifiedstormraven2.jpg

That was what I had in mind, but again, depending on the back, a tail fin wouldn't be bad either (like a Land Speeder).

DV8

DV8, Brother Xeones, hats off to you. Those photoshop images are great and show me, us and maybe even the GW designers how the design can be changed from "won't fly and if you fall on your knees" to "uber-sexy-awesome powered with screaming bald men".

I dig the changes both of you have made and I think that they will help to get more players being a little more open-minded regarding this creation.

Snorri

DV8 and Brother Xeones' suggested tweaks do wonders to the vehicle, really. It's amazing how taking off a bit of the top changes things. Thought instead of being the love child of a Thunderhawk and a Valkyrie, it does make it seem like a Land Speeder Tempest's bigger and nastier sibling.

DV8 and Brother Xeones' suggested tweaks do wonders to the vehicle, really. It's amazing how taking off a bit of the top changes things. Thought instead of being the love child of a Thunderhawk and a Valkyrie, it does make it seem like a Land Speeder Tempest's bigger and nastier sibling.

I agree. I don't like the original, but I'm glad its soon to be out there as it is better than nothing.

I must say I am impressed by the storm of verbal feces that has hit the fan so hard a few bit came all the way here to a zone that otherwise is feces free.

But aside from that I must say I'm exited too see this model that i have wanted since i read its rules.

I reckon judgment is best given if and when we see it from better angles.

It just needs a sceaming bald man sticking his head out of a hole, that's all. Screaming bald men are the duct tape of the 41st millenium.

HAHAHA!! :) It would be the perfect finishing touch!

DV8, I really like the version you did with all the junk up top removed. It looks so much better ;)

You know, the funniest thing about this picture is also what makes me sure it is legit. ONLY GW and WD would ever use a Storm Raved to redeploy a Tactical Squad! What are they thinking? I am always amazed by their WD batreps and the terrible lists they write up so I'm sure this must be them too. A Tac squad in a StormRaven... :cry:

Not bad at all DV8. :cry:

That small change makes it look beautiful. Hopefully GW will look at this.

I think take the above pic, take the slope out of the front so it has a shorter profile bring the large wings forwards mount the weapons next to the forwards doors in recesed slits so loosing the turrets (reminds me of orc junk) and the whole image improves... might someone photoshop that description for us?

I'm disappointed with GW design (flying/thrownbrick), and they have such talented people.... What went wrong!!

What I had previously imagined a storm raven to look like was kinda a delta wing aircraft... Sorta got that impression I think from vague art from the hourus heresy series. But that would be impracticle to the description in the dex.

So thats my 2 cents worth.... Papa

i dont like it. and for me looks are alot of me buying models. but i wantt a raven so i may get it and cut it u lots. also, this isnnt just a ba veichle, grey knights are supposed to be getting it, so can u imagine it in metalic etc colours? also i see ba specific icons on it.... :HQ:

Ahhh.. always happy when a poll prooves that all the :cuss you hear on forums is only the verbal minority.

Absoluteley, people that are happy with something are alot less likeley to vocalise it. Thats a big part of the reason that appart from passing the time you achive very little at best complaining on forums. GW dosent listen to you because you are, have been and likeley always will be in the minority, and even if you wernt I for one certainly wouldent pay any attention to forums if I was a codex or model designer with the kind of attitude many(often most) users take.

The concept of "forumitis" is largely based around this simple fact, and frankly the Stormraven threads Ive been reading absolutly Wreak of Forumitis. One image, from an obviousley less than ideal angle, that dosent show any of the optional extras and obscures a very significant ammount of the model is not enough to justify the kind of Venom being spat towards it (this forum is considerably better than others but there have been some appalingly Knee jerk reaction on here too).

I seem to have become a bit of a Stormraven appologist lately in a desparate (and likely futile) attempt to derail this train/bandwagon of preconceptions that appears to be running away with itself. Its like how the cries of Nids suck turned into a tidal wave of people who dident actually know what they were talking about but chimed in anyway because you know.....you have to have an oppinion about everything, especially when you havent seen the whole thing.

Ahhh.. always happy when a poll prooves that all the :cuss you hear on forums is only the verbal minority.

John Gabriels Greater internet dickwad theory anyone?

http://tcritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/greaterdickwad.jpg

I don't mind the model, however DV8 has climbed down from olympus and given us a bountiful harvest of convertness, blessed be DV8

Archived