Defining the quantity of DC Dreads

Gv0zD

take the jump packs off and transport gets a 35point discount perhaps???? thought that was obvious... our club players are pretty reasonable with regards to vehicles ie a space wolf player can use Leman Russ's if the opponent agrees. they see it as a challenge.

:rolleyes: Losing Descent of Angels and Heroic Intervention isn't an obvious benefit in my book :)

and if anyone gets snippy; the chapter changes to "Harbingers of Absolution" with lots of counts as models.

B) And so what? If you use C:BA for your DIY chapter, you still count them as BA in terms of gameplay.

Anyway, I suggest you make a thread dedicated to Achilles in BA army. Let's stick to the proposed topic of Lemmy and DC model, should we? :P

my understanding is that lemartes is an upgrade for Death Co. so you've paid for the marine and are upgrading him to become Lemartes therefore he's death company.... same with Corbulo you buy the sang. priest and upgrade to Corbulo.

Well, I'd say Lemmy is an "upgrade characters" for the unit (just using the terminology from BRB p. 49, "special characters can be either independent or upgrade characters..."), but Corbs isn't. And they are certainly not character upgrades to models you already bought. You don't upgrade a DCmarine/SPriest into Lemmy or Corbs; Lemmy can join a unit of DC and you can take Corbs who counts as one of your 9 SPriest options.

take the jump packs off and transport gets a 35point discount perhaps???? thought that was obvious... our club players are pretty reasonable with regards to vehicles ie a space wolf player can use Leman Russ's if the opponent agrees. they see it as a challenge.

OT again. First of all, the 35pts discount is for RAS only, Vanguard pays for their JP's. Second, even if you would choose a RAS to ride it, only BA has LR's as dedicated transports, it's a heavy support for the other chapters and the PDF for the achilles states it as heavy support. Third, we can't use the Achilles.

On topic. Lemartes is listed as '1 (unique)' under unit composition. The DC is listed as 'Death Company' under unit composition. The DC Dread needs 5 Death Company models.

Well you need permission to use an Achilles anyway, its FW. So if your opponents don't mind you using it, then use it exactly as it is listed in the FW data sheet. It's Heavy Support, don't try and steal the 35pt Assault Squad discount (which you can't get from Vanguard Veterans btw)

After reading this thread, I think it is pretty clear that Lemartes, although a member of the Death Company unit, does not count towards the total number of Death Company models.

Archived