Theatre of the Absurd

So, I'm rather curious. Given unlimited time, energy, and materials, what are the strangest, craziest, most humorous things you would create models of for Warhammer 40k power armored armies?

As for myself, I think I'd start by making Horus hunched over, searching around a dreadnought-sized base with the help of some perplexed daemons. Behind him, Corax would be be tip-toeing away with his other claw in hand, Tex Avery style.

After that I'd have the Emperor reaching back to flush his Golden Throne.

And then some stuff along the lines of:

-a marine with a banner pole backpack getting it caught on a passing landspeeder.

-A dreadnought scraping a firewarrior off one of its feet with a stick.

-Orks gooshed on a landraider's treads like George Jetson on his treadmill

-some Khorne Berserkers playing mini-golf with skulls

-A fruity Eldar warrior as the artiste in a salon, giving a Sister of Battle a new hairstyle

-A cultist pointing and holding a "HE WENT THAT WAY" sign with an Inquisitor and his/her retinue rushing in that direction. This also works for a Tau and a bunch of Black Templar

-A Space Wolf using a tau drone as a frisbee for his Thunderwolf mount. Or one with him riding the mount, with a steak on a stick held in front of the wolf's nose.

-A Sister of Battle walking a Hormagaunt swarm like a herd of chihuahas.

Two marines fighting like ice hockey players- helms, gauntlets and wargear dropped with one trying to pull the other's power pack over their head

Classroom setting with Malacador the Sigilite as the substitute teacher at the blackboard while the primarchs are mucking about: Horus passing a note to Perturabo; Guiliman at the front (Teacher's Pet); Angron, Russ, Lorgar and Mortarion on a time-out; the Lion and the Khan playing with toy bikes; Magnus in a corner reading to Corax, Vulkan and the twins; Sanguinius, Fulgrim, Dorn and Ferrus working with art supplies while Curze is hiding inbetween the coats

1. A space marine pulling a guardsman's spine out from the bottom.

2. Carnifex with an unborn carni-fetus hanging off its back.

3. Space marine riding the back of a bucking trygon while wildly waving his hat.

4. Land speeder with an underslung space marine with flame thrower to count as the heavy flamer.

5. Chaos land raider whose hull is completely covered in impaled guardsmen. (I think it's humorous)

6. Dante on a stage on top of a baneblade rocking into Mordor.

7. A space marine eating a bowl of nails without any milk.

8. Alpharius playing guess who with Alpharius.

9. The Primarchs and the Emperor playing "Horus Hersy: The Board Game."

10. 1 Hammerhead tank with "HUUUUUUGE E-PEEN" written along the railgun barrel.

11. A hormagaunt on two legs smoking a pipe and wearing a monacle.

12. A Commisar holding a pistol which fires backwards despite it being aimed forwards.

I think I should probably stop...

1. A space marine pulling a guardsman's spine out from the bottom.

2. Carnifex with an unborn carni-fetus hanging off its back.

3. Space marine riding the back of a bucking trygon while wildly waving his hat.

4. Land speeder with an underslung space marine with flame thrower to count as the heavy flamer.

5. Chaos land raider whose hull is completely covered in impaled guardsmen. (I think it's humorous)

6. Dante on a stage on top of a baneblade rocking into Mordor.

8. Alpharius playing guess who with Alpharius.

9. The Primarchs and the Emperor playing "Horus Hersy: The Board Game."

10. 1 Hammerhead tank with "HUUUUUUGE E-PEEN" written along the railgun barrel.

11. A hormagaunt on two legs smoking a pipe and wearing a monacle.

12. A Commisar holding a pistol which fires backwards despite it being aimed forwards.

I think I should probably stop...

:ph34r: :) ;) :lol:

More! More! More!

Classroom setting with Malacador the Sigilite as the substitute teacher at the blackboard while the primarchs are mucking about: Horus passing a note to Perturabo; Guiliman at the front (Teacher's Pet); Angron, Russ, Lorgar and Mortarion on a time-out; the Lion and the Khan playing with toy bikes; Magnus in a corner reading to Corax, Vulkan and the twins; Sanguinius, Fulgrim, Dorn and Ferrus working with art supplies while Curze is hiding inbetween the coats

i like the idea, although Guilliman was never the 'teachers pet' the favourite was always Horus

i like the idea, although Guilliman was never the 'teachers pet' the favourite was always Horus

Read the First Heretic hence my interpretation plus it is'nt called the Horus Heresy for nothing :)

And with some lemons and salt clearly visible on the table, too. :)

As for myself:

A model of the Primarchs playing a little tiny 9-vs-9 game of 40K would be awesome, epic, and ironic in equal measure.

A model of the Primarchs playing a little tiny 9-vs-9 game of 40K would be awesome, epic, and ironic in equal measure.

How about one better, two Primarchs playing a game using little 20th century figures .... like wall street or something. :)

Or better yet, Necrons playing the game of Life. :)

You know, it's funny, for a bit now I've been wanting a genestealer and a handful of Hormagaunts just because I love their looks. Perhaps, Zeller, I should have them all wearing top hats.

P.S. Sorry, mods, thank you for the move, it won't happen again.

Personally?

Brewers of the Emperor. To celebrate his greatness, they drink - to celebrate victory, they drink - so celebrate the loss of a brother, they drink.

Battle cry? Armed and hammered.

Grenades? Mini-casks (or hell, full sized ones. Marines are huge.)

Need an anti-armour close combat weapon? Power-horn of ale (which gives +2 strength, -2 initiative for alcohol induced retard-strength).

I'm also on nyquil and had two shots of vodka to clear my headcold. I'll see what else floats through my head.

Two reaver titans, one chaos and one loyalist, hugging - one "patting" the other's back. The Chaos titan would have a heart shaped icon with barb details and text that says "Love God".

Several varieties of Loyalist and Chaos Marines, Guard and cultist guard would be scattered around the base hugging and shaking hands, all weapons dropped on the ground.

In the corner, an Inquisitor with a small retinue and a communications officer. A small comic book style bubble that says "Orbital strike on my location! Then virus-bomb the planet! NOW!"

The plaque on the base would say: "The Love God Cometh"

Money no object I would love to have a huge diorama of the Ulanor victory parade, with the emperor and the 9 attending primarchs, with a company off pre-heresy luna wolves marching past. Plus after reading a thousand sons I would also need a warlord titan and a few custodes as well. It would look spanking but Imagine the cost. Ohh yea, I would ask Freakforge to sculpt the Primarchs and Emperor.

Well, i've got one or two images of things i've already made (not space marine related), but besides them...:

- A unit of Raven Guard tactical marines deep striking by hanging onto, or surfing, into battle on hijacked Tau gun drones.

- The Orks looting the Emperor's Golden Throne and using it on a battle wagon.

- Creed playing chess against Tzeench.

- A legless Khornate dreadnought with two close combat arms tied onto the front of an Ork battle wagon and being used as a deff rolla.

- A commander finding extreme sentimental value in his Shadowsword.

- Gandalf deciding to ditch his spells and use more conventional means to kill the Balrog.

# How about a squad of khorne bezerkers hunting for magic mushrooms and one who finds a huge ones doing a victory dance around a 44gal drum fire with it over his head :D lol

# A sister of battle being cared for by an apothecary after she just gave birth to a baby noise marine. :P

# Noise marines playing on stage at an an outdoor gig with heaps of khorne bezerkers in a mosh pit "oh the chaos" \m/

# Noise marines playing on stage at an an outdoor gig with heaps of khorne bezerkers in a mosh pit "oh the chaos" \m/

lol, that would be awesome... and doable

with real speakers and MP3 player build in :D

- A unit of Raven Guard tactical marines deep striking by hanging onto, or surfing, into battle on hijacked Tau gun drones.

obi wan already did that (star wars episode 2)

but i always loved the idea of marine snipers with cloaks, special bolters, prone position, and under slung heavy weapons like termies or LOTD.

I'm tempted to have someone build me that rock concert. Except I think I'd want Space Wolves playing Viking Metal with a bunch of their bretheren in the mosh pit. I'd have a bunch of Korpiklaani in the attached MP3 player.

"BEER BEER!"

with real speakers and MP3 player build in :mellow:

I'd try this if I was good at posing models/had money to burn.

Ah what the heck, as soon as I have the cash, I'll give it a shot, although it may take a while to get the money.

A diorama with an Ork on the ground with a hole in his head and a Crimson Fist Marine holding a smoking bolt pistol and a paper sign that says "KiK ME" in Orkish scrawl. Next to the Marine is an Inquisitor pointing at the Ork and hiding a roll of tape behind his back.

The plaque of course would read "Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!"

with real speakers and MP3 player build in :mellow:

I'd try this if I was good at posing models/had money to burn.

Ah what the heck, as soon as I have the cash, I'll give it a shot, although it may take a while to get the money.

Ahhaaaargh !! the seed has been planted !! Just remember who gave you this "chaotic idea" and give me a \m/ plz.

check out ebay for older models of Noise Marines :P If you do it make sure you post pics man !!

I recommend playing Ensiferum/Wizard or Forefather in the mp3 \m/

Archived