5th Company Fire Angels ( IA 9 style )

batu

The Stormtalon is awesome! Excellent work on the tail design and the mat black cockpit canopy fits well with the eye lenses of your marines.

Its sad to hear that you've finished work on the Fire Angels, any idea what you'll be working on next?

Wow just awesome the weathering on your last models,especially the white/cream areas, what colour did you used for the chipping in the white areas? graveyard earth? i missed those two predators updates from you and they are full of charachter whith the shield and lettering here and there and the old school dozer blade. so... Bravo!! Waiting for your Fire Angels family photo .

Thanks Alejandrinus ! The color of the chipps on the white area is the old Foundation paint Calthan Brown. A very nice color.

Oh :) Sorry ! I should have looked that up on Wiki before asking

Yeah, I heard about those feelings regarding the three different "ethnic" groups towards eachother in Switzerland. I always thought that that is just some sort of urban myth or exaggerated. You live and learn I guess

Another quetion than, do you understand Switzerdütsch or German. Do you learn Italian and German in school ? Beside English of course.

No worries, I was exaggerating ;) They wouldn't kill you, but they wouldn't be very kind to you.

I learn German at school (it's my eleventh year learning that language and I have German family) but I'm not that good at it

By the way, absolutely stunning work on your Storm Talon The only criticism I have is with the colour of the lenses, which I think would have been better in blue or something.

Cheers,

Ludovic

Thanks Ludovic :D Yeah, your absolutely right about the lenses. They look boring. The thing is though that I have painted all lenses in the army in red. If I would have painted them blue, green or yellow it would stand to much out. I always try to limit my colors for the whole army.

The Stormtalon is awesome! Excellent work on the tail design and the mat black cockpit canopy fits well with the eye lenses of your marines.

Its sad to hear that you've finished work on the Fire Angels, any idea what you'll be working on next?

Thanks kizzdougs ! Next ???? See below ;)

Oh... I missed that. So yeah, what are you planning to do next?

Ludovic

I don't know. I will work on some none 40k projects. But I will do another Space marine Army for sure. I would like to do one of the 18 Legions. But I would need some sets from FW to have some variations in the armoury. No money for that at the moment though.

Okay here is the army shot. I cant belive it took me two years to do this little army, Im so slow !

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa101/khorngor/FireAngelsArmy013_zps43964861.jpg

I want to thank each of you for your comments and feedback ! It helped me a lot !!!!!!

Happy new year for everybody

First off, let me say, AMAZING work, just stunning.

Now I don't know if you mentioned it or someone else asked but, HOW do you do your weathering on your Red Sections, like the tail of your Stormtalon. I love the way it turned out I'm trying to do something similar on my BA so any Tuts or Tips would be awesome.

Again, just stunning!

First off, let me say, AMAZING work, just stunning.

Now I don't know if you mentioned it or someone else asked but, HOW do you do your weathering on your Red Sections, like the tail of your Stormtalon. I love the way it turned out I'm trying to do something similar on my BA so any Tuts or Tips would be awesome.

Again, just stunning!

Hi and thanks The4thHorseman !

Okay can give you a quick overview regarding the weathering.

1. You have to paint the red areas to a standart you happy with, highlights, shading more shadiing and so on. If this step is completed I begin with weathering.

2. You take a piece of a sponge ripp it a little so it becomes uneven. Then you dip it in the color your shipps should be and dip it on some paper to remove some paint. Than you sponge the aereas you want, you should focus on edges, or in other words where chipps would naturally appear.

3. Than you highlight the chipps with very fine lines under the chipp with a bright highlight clolor, that creates a 3d effect.

4. If you vary the amount of paint on the sponge you bring randomness into the whole thing. Randomness is very very important !

5. To increase the ramdom factor I additionally use a brush to pint some chipps.

6. In the bigesst chipps I paint some metal color to simulate that the paint chippd to the "core"

There are many variations of this technic. You could sponge the highlight color on an than paint the darker colors into the chipps, creating a higlight not just under the chipp but all around it. Some people dont highlight there chipps at all, that looks great too.

I hope I could help.

Let me echo the rest in saying stunning work there Batu - the wear and tear is absolutely top notch! And your whole army is just spectacular!

Now for the REALLY interesting bit: Which Legion???? :lol:

Thanks Captain Semper ! :)

I really can't say yet. But I can exclude some legions for sure.

No:

- Ultramarines ( to poster boy and therefore boring, maybe a successor chapter of them)

- Imperial fists ( I have painted a "yellow" army once, that is enough for a man's life)

- Iron Warriors ( enough silver ;) )

- Salamaders (black skin and red eyes, no thanks. African skin would be cool and challenging)

- Death Guard ( I find it very hard to paint them. Making things look ugly but at the same time good is a very hard task)

- Pre Heresy stuff ( I would love to, but just to expensive)

- Thousand Sons ( I don't like them)

- Dark Angels (I don't like the new stuff to much)

- Raven Guard ( I find black armour hard to paint)

- Iron Hands ( """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""")

So still 9 left :(

Okay this is it. The last thing for my army:

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...But I will do another Space marine Army for sure. I would like to do one of the 18 Legions. But I would need some sets from FW to have some variations in the armoury....

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa101/khorngor/FireAngelsArmy013_zps43964861.jpg

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant looking army buddy, the weathering throughout is amazing. Looking forward to whichever legion you decide on next. :)

Thanks Biohazard ! Always was a fan of your converion work :)

Stormtalon: Outstanding! Love the canopy and that weathering on the tail is outstanding.

Army shot, OMG! That is awesome.

Looking forward to what ever you decide upon!

Thanks very much sir ! :(

Very nice Stormtalon!

Did you mount the cannons slightly higher up into the nose? It doesn't look like they can pivot, but I'm considering the same thing myself though, because I want mine to be slightly closer to the GDI Orca. Was it difficult, or just a matter of removing some plastic?

Very nice Stormtalon!

Did you mount the cannons slightly higher up into the nose? It doesn't look like they can pivot, but I'm considering the same thing myself though, because I want mine to be slightly closer to the GDI Orca. Was it difficult, or just a matter of removing some plastic?

Sorry for the delayed answer, but the forum update .....

Yes exactly right. I just put them on without the round connection thing. It is very easy to do, and I think it improves the look a lot. They can not pivot because I glued them on. But you coud make them functional if you want. Hope that helps, if not just ask again :)

I'm sorry, did you say "no" to Dark Angels? Oh dear... Now it's off my hands mate, Inner Circle or not. You'll get a visit from some robed individuals with skull masks - just say yes to whatever they ask... :lol:

OK, seriously now,

How about.... wait for it... Blood Angels! Tadaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! If you can work out a good red then you are in for a fantastic project!

Oh, and worry not about the B&C, come February it'll be even more fantasticawesome with all the few features functioning and teething problems eradicated! A little petience and everything will be better than ever! ;)

"I'm sorry, did you say "no" to Dark Angels? Oh dear... Now it's off my hands mate, Inner Circle or not. You'll get a visit from some robed individuals with skull masks - just say yes to whatever they ask... laugh.gif "

I actually like their looks and fluff a lot. I just promised myself to never do a "starter box army" , and the new flying things are just terrible. Come and get me Interagator Chaplian :)

"OK, seriously now,

How about.... wait for it... Blood Angels! Tadaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! If you can work out a good red then you are in for a fantastic project! "

Nah, I painted a World Eaters Army once, enough red armour :)

"Oh, and worry not about the B&C, come February it'll be even more fantasticawesome with all the few features functioning and teething problems eradicated! A little petience and everything will be better than ever! msn-wink.gif"

That would be very cool !

Cheers mate, thanks for commenting :)

• 1 year later...

Archived