IA - Pridelords v1.3 (Iron Gauntlet 2011)

WingsOfTheFalcon

Thanks very much for the feedback, I'm still a bit unsure about the veteran company names. I like Nomads because it relates to solitary male lions but I'm not 100% on crusaders and I certainly see your point about the names suiting the alternate companies. I'll have to have a think about them and see if I can come up with something I'm a bit happier with.

I'm happy with the new paint scheme and hopefully should be able to make it work. I'm currently prepping Cotez for when the IA is making headway so I can test out the scheme. :tu:

It looks a wee bit too peaceful. Might shoot for something like a lion's face straight on with their mouth open and fangs present, so it looks more aggressive, or you could go more medieval:

Apologies for size!

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/4/2/e/2/1206579210396047835wipp_Russikon_-_Coat_of_arms_1.svg.hi.png

Tbh, I'm not a massive fan of the styling of the Lion Rampant, I don't know why but I think I want the badge to be a bit more modern in feel. Though I guess this might clash with the armoured knights look.

I came across these: Link1 and this Link2 which I think could give me something to work from. Basically I want the final one to be single coloured, agressive in appearance but also quite modern and also feasible for freehand.

I'm probably going to try and produce a hybrid between the central logo in Link1 and the logo from Link2. Unless you guys have any other suggestions that you feel roughly fit what I'm looking for?

Are you really sold on them being the Pridelords? I know it's a lion reference, but it sounds... Slaneeshi to me.

How does the closeness to the Ordo Hereticus work with them having to keep the secret of the Fallen? I'd have thought DA successors tried to avoid cultivating regular contact with the Inquisition in case the Ordos started asking awkward questions.

I like the idea of them bring frothing religious loons who burn first and don't ask questions at all. Maybe make more of that and perhaps their fervor could be a product of their shame at the secret of the Fallen?

Finally, the reference to the concerns that they're like the Word Bearers makes no sense and stands out badly. There are lots of absolute loony fanatics in the 40K Imperium who are as bad as or worse than anything related to the pre-Heresy Word Bearers. Are the Inquisition REALLY going to be suspicious of Astartes who like to serve their enemies up well-done rather than medium rare, or simply because they are ruthless in regards to purging the guilty, even at the expense of the innocent? That describes half the Inquisition itself, plus all the Sisters of Battles and lots of the Eccliesarchy as well.

Yeah, it was a chop shop of that one. Though it still needs some work!

@Aegnor - Thanks for all the feedback! I'm pretty sold on Pridelords, I really wanted to avoid putting Lions into the Chapter name.

I'm glad you like the zealous flavour of the chapter and I think that zeal being a way to repent for the sins of the Fallen is a great idea, so I'll write than in. The reference to the Word Bearers was thrown in because not too many chapters see the Emperor as a god and tbh they were the only one I know that did, pre-heresy of course. I'll have a think about pulling it, as I don't want to to jar with the concept.

The Pridelords were formed during the 22nd Founding in M37 following the Age of Apostasy, they were founded to join the Redemption Crusades to reclaim the Imperium and cleanse the stain of chaos. Chapter Master Asur Leandros adopted the imagery of the Lion for the Pridelords in reverence of the Dark Angel's Primarch Lion El'Johnson and also the mighty Calibanite Lions.

Assuming they're DA successors, how do they view the Fallen etc?

The Pridelords have a difficult relationship with their progenitor, the shame of the Dark Angel's fall is so deeply engrained in their psyche that they cannot easily maintain concord with them. Not only this but the Pridelords belief in the 'God Emperor' and close relationship with the Inquisition has also caused friction between the Chapters. Whilst the Pridelords are one of the Unforgiven and are dedicated to the task of seeking and destroying the Fallen they rarely do so in partnership with the brother marines of the Dark Angels.

More details on this would be a good idea.

The Pridelords organisationally do not follow the Codex Astartes, whilst the Chapter is divided into ten companies numbering one hundred brother marines. In reverence to their Dark Angel lineage however the first and second companies are organised in a similar manner to the Deathwing and Ravenwing.

Why wouldn't they follow the Codex?

Not much here. Anything you particularly want to explore with this Chapter?

If not, I'd recommend trying the FWIA format. It's shorter and lends itself well to such situations.

I quite like the scheme, BTW.

Assuming they're DA successors, how do they view the Fallen etc?

I'm going to expand on this a bit, but with a huge amount of hatred and fury I should suppose. They are after all traitors to their lineage and worshippers of false gods. :rolleyes:

More details on this would be a good idea.

Yeah, that was one of the last edits before I did 1.3 so it still needs some expansion/work.

Why wouldn't they follow the Codex?

It seems to be pretty stock for the Unforgiven to not follow Codex structures. I orginally had them codex adherent but that didn't go down well, so I adjusted it to fit more with the DA/Unforgiven fluff.

Not much here. Anything you particularly want to explore with this Chapter?

If not, I'd recommend trying the FWIA format. It's shorter and lends itself well to such situations.

When you say not much here, do you mean the IA is short or that there's not much to discuss about it? I'm working on growing all of the sections and I want to incorporate some history into the IA and also develop the love/hate relationship with the DA further. I also really want to iron out the organisational kinks, especially regarding the recruitment process and 'Pride' squad structure as they strike me as a bit weak at the minute.

I quite like the scheme, BTW.

Thanks, I am happy with it but still need to work out the Chapter badge/symbol.

Thanks very much for the input, lots more to think about!

They have their own reasons for their beliefs, for their reverence of the Emperor as a god where most don't. You justify and explain these reasons well enough and it will work more than fine, it could be great.

I clearly need to do some work on this as I felt I had it covered in the Origins and Beliefs sections (Redemption Crusades/Secret Shame of DA) but I think it needs threading through the rest of the IA as well. Thanks for the input!

Archived