Nathaniel's Sons Of Gorgon Post Heresy Death Guard

Brother Melice

Haven't responded here in a bit, sooo....

1. Congrats on the 2nd place in the Armies on Parade contest, it was well deserved!

2. Are we gonna be seeing the prize Stormbird in SoG colors? If so, I insist on old warhawk teeth nose art on her, lol.

3. Ahh, the finished Garro...so gorgeous. That banner is nice too, love to see that on an actual banner bearer.

4. Great to see the entire army, the pin-up art (especially the Jessica Rabbit) still makes me smile everytime. Wonderful job, man.

5. CQC Command squads get expensive, but they're so much fun. The best set up for such a squad is usually all storm shields, power weapons, and at least one power fist for those targets that just refuse to die. No Champions, I've never found them to be worth it. A Stormraven for them to assault out of would help too. *Hint Hint, Nudge Nudge*

6. As for who each will be, I'd personally go Garro (obviously), Rubio (PW/SS), Verren, (PW/SS), then start getting strange, lol. Maybe a Thousand Sons Apothecary, a Night Lord (PW/SS), and finally an Alpha Legion loyalist (or is he?) with PF/SS. Be odd. :P

Looking forward to seeing the CQC Command, brother!

Hail Brother, it has been a while now.

Yes, we will witness the flight of the Stormbird in the SoG colors, with a mouth full of teeth, as soon as I can figure out how to do it. It's a big model, and I am reluctant to paint it with my small brushes. I have all the pin up in place, just need to borrow a airbrush from some one and get to it. :devil: :lol: :lol:

Glad you are getting a kick out of the pin ups)))

I take your advice, PW/SS it is... So Garro,PW (Libertas) Combi Melta??? Rubio PW/(standard??) Verren PW/SS

Night Lord as an Apothecary ( the contrast seems too strong to resist) and one more left, I'm being torn between an EC and maybe a Word Bearer, but Word Bearer for that matter make no sense, Word Bearers tooo zeal in worship thing, and after the Emperor told the no no, they found another deity to worship... so a loyalist?? unlikely.

Alpha Legion, were they not the last Legion to be founded??? and Alpharious didn't get to know the Emperor that well, means his legion is entirely devoted to him alone.

Thoughts?

I would really like to see an Alpha Legion marine in the mix. You could give him a more advanced armor and spec-ops style weaponry. I think that would really look good. I would expect Alpharius to have infiltrators every where, why not here as well.

you have listened to the Legion of one audiobook? it is a must, i think.

i'd go with loken in that one, since he's still alive and retrieved by Garro and the other guys

other than that, one of the other heroes of Isstvan would be awesome :D

other than that, well done sir (:

you have listened to the Legion of one audiobook? it is a must, i think.

i'd go with loken in that one, since he's still alive and retrieved by Garro and the other guys

other than that, one of the other heroes of Isstvan would be awesome :)

other than that, well done sir (:

Think I should include .............. too??? Would it not be too sassy??? I mean, every one and their grand mother tries their go at .....................

But if so. should ....................... be just after the end of the story??? to keep that feel???

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say I'm completely fascinated by the background of your chapter as I've had similar thoughts of painting an army based off the survivors of the Eisenstein. Really looking forward to seeing your model of Garro, the artwork looks fantastic. In regards to the =][=, I think it is actually in fitting with the fluff to have him bear the symbol according to the Garro audiobooks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Brothers, I've not had a chance to get any movement on my Sons Of Gorgon yet, as real life stuff is in the way. But I have not abandoned the project.

But any ways, in the meantime, did a small piece of art for a friend. Tell me what you think brothers.

gallery_52083_5475_97745.jpg

I present to you Captain Valus Anicetus, The Venomous One, Commander of the IV Centuria of the Marines Malevolent.

Hope you like it.

Excellent art as always. I am going to make a marine with a power cable running up the center of his chest like the brother on the left of the picture if you don't mind. Did you have a specific MK of armor in mind there or is it just something you made up yourself?

Very well done. I must ask though, shouldn't there be part of the weapon's haft that the marine in the foreground is wielding just behind his arm? At that angle I don't think the haft would be completely obscured.

Damn, I look goooood in Mk. III plate... ;)

P.S. PM'ed you, bro.

Yes you do Brother, yes you do.... especially while squishing some insolent mortals.

Solid work brother. I really like the Chaplain in that last image

Thanks Bro, think he was the most hardest to do, had to remember all teh 26 bones in the skull when was doing him.. Fun, but a pain))))

Words escape how awesome this thread is...... just.. wow

Thanks Vulkan

Excellent art as always. I am going to make a marine with a power cable running up the center of his chest like the brother on the left of the picture if you don't mind. Did you have a specific MK of armor in mind there or is it just something you made up yourself?

Only if you send me a picture of the green and the finished model, or post it in this thread.

It was intended to be MKIII suit, with MK II breasplate, added powere cables, and a raised gorget. think of it as an earlier prototype for the Errant pattern, with an iconic MKIV Helm.

Cant wait to see what you comeup with.

Beautiful artwork brother! Cannot wait to see what you can come up with next.

Thanks Bro, you've been out of touch.

Very well done. I must ask though, shouldn't there be part of the weapon's haft that the marine in the foreground is wielding just behind his arm? At that angle I don't think the haft would be completely obscured.

Well, can be debatable, but i hear waht you are saying. Unfortunatelyl the piece is already sealed and cant correct the mistake... good eye though, thanks brother.

Hah, is the guys face based on 1000Heathens?

Awesome work, its a great picture. Especially liking the Gnarly chaplain lurking in the back.

Why MgicMan, yes it is.

If any one wonders who the evil mastermind behind the IV Centuria Marines Malevolent project is, look no further, here he is in his master crafted MK III plate, with a latin poem on the gorget.

Heathens, you have been identefied now brother, no more hiding.

Brother Melice I have two questions for you. One, are you doing commission art work? Two, on the marine with the MKIV helmet, are those power cables on the thigh armor? I have the torso, head and legs assembled with chest power cables. I'm just wondering if I should add them to the legs as well.

I want one.....Very awesome work between modelling and artwork...I am speechless and green with envy..

Thanks Bro.

Brother Melice I have two questions for you. One, are you doing commission art work? Two, on the marine with the MKIV helmet, are those power cables on the thigh armor? I have the torso, head and legs assembled with chest power cables. I'm just wondering if I should add them to the legs as well.

I'll Pm you an answer. The second answer about the legs, is yes, those are power cables. I thought it would be great to have a marine with completely diff armor types abshed togather. they are supposed to be MK II thighs. And since the picture does not show the rest of shin armour, just run with waht you got.

I still want to see the model after you are done.

I am fairly sure my heart just stopped looking at that artwork! Stunning!

Thanks Brother, reaelly appreciate it.

That pencil is pure win and made of tiger blood. Or something. Wow. :yes:

HHAHHAha, no, i think its just my possesed right hand Brother. my Apothecary wanteed to chop it off, but after the cahplain saw some of my works, he talked him out of it.

I'll post a picture of my take on the Melice Pattern Armor later this evening. I have the basics together and am waiting on some putty to dry so I can work some more. I made him true scale and will probably paint him in the Alpha Legion colors but all credit for the design go to you and will be mentioned and linked to when I start a WIP topic here. Thanks for the inspiration.

Archived