Is it just me?

Brother Asmanael

Yes, there is also equally valid reason why it is a very good argument. Waving fancy latin words around doesn't change that. Besides, that wasn't what I was trying to say. I was merely reacting to that one (in my opinion unnecessary) statement. You are taking one (or two if you're considering Legion) of a miriad of books and turning it into some kind of rule. Generalization if ever I saw one. We can discuss whether it is warranted or not, but that still makes it a generalization.

PS Anyways, the Horus Heresy is far from written as simply a space marine perspective. Otherwise we wouldn't have the remembrancers, iterators, assasins, ship's captains, random civilians, priests, aliens, custodes, silent sisterhood etc. Most of the authors who have written more than one book have done both a space marine perspective and a "mortal". Horus Rising has almost (or none), Legion and Prospero Burns have a lot (or are almost completely from a non sm-perspective). Now take a look at Galaxy in Flames (definitely both), Fulgrim (both), Mechanicum (not really relevant, but non-sm), A Thousand sons (both, but mostly SM). James Swallow has FotE (mostly SM) and Nemesis (also not a sm novel, but still non-sm)

And all of a sudden people are complaining. :P Just my opinion. Besides repeating that I don't see it as a problem, I think it isn't even true. Two points make a line, not a pattern.

But we are leaving the topic behind ;) I think eventually we will be getting a few more novels that will upset the balance of perspectives in the HH so far. I want to see some loyal loyalists :) not only loyal traitors :)

Yes, there is also equally valid reason why it is a very good argument. Waving fancy latin words around doesn't change that.

Really? In logic, the "appeal to the people" argument (if you dont like the latin name) is defined as a fallacious argument.

PS Anyways, the Horus Heresy is far from written as simply a space marine perspective. Otherwise we wouldn't have the remembrancers, iterators, assasins, ship's captains, random civilians, priests, aliens, custodes, silent sisterhood etc. Most of the authors who have written more than one book have done both a space marine perspective and a "mortal". Horus Rising has almost (or none), Legion and Prospero Burns have a lot (or are almost completely from a non sm-perspective). Now take a look at Galaxy in Flames (definitely both), Fulgrim (both), Mechanicum (not really relevant, but non-sm), A Thousand sons (both, but mostly SM). James Swallow has FotE (mostly SM) and Nemesis (also not a sm novel, but still non-sm)

I already commented on this on the "What did Prospero Burns Cotribute?" thread, so in the spirit of not derailing this thread any furter, I drop the issue.

But we are leaving the topic behind :P I think eventually we will be getting a few more novels that will upset the balance of perspectives in the HH so far. I want to see some loyal loyalists :tu: not only loyal traitors :D

I read somewhere McNeill and Swallow intend to do loyalist-centered books in the near future, so perhaps it will happen sooner then you believe.

Archived