Night Hunters WIP (Pic Heavy)

Good evening all!

Really sorry, super quick fly by but wanted to post the below before hitting the sack!

Have laid down the grey for the hex's and worked on the flight stand

gallery_42238_5618_13964.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_109688.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_30660.jpg

Going for an aggressive dust off from a hot LZ

More soon!

Cheers all!

FTE

HOW ON EARTH DID I MISS

gallery_42238_5618_30660.jpg

HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS GLORIOUS A-10 STORM TALON????

You are the one singular human being in the history of this entire hobby that has actually made me like that airframe. You have my thanks, and my sincere congratulations. Carry on you beautiful son of a bitch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/bigboreshooter/MISC/applause-gif-3.gif

That aircraft must handle like a pregnant cow on sedatives. It's targets, however, likely do not have time to make such a comparison before they are scoured from this reality by it's weaponry and the warriors it contains.

It connects very well with the Warthog-pattern Talon, and I cannot wait to see it fully realized. I fear I'm beginning to sound like a broken record in my praises, Night, but your consummate skill with conversions leaves me little choice. :) Bravissimo.

Edited by ChromeZephyr

Guys you are all far too kind!

Deathspectersgt7, Ch@oZ, Darth, Dark Rage, Bio: Thank you all for your continued support, such a boost and makes me feel guilty that I have yet to have a chance to work on her some more!

Heinrich: Glad you like her chap, wish I could claim it as my idea but just my interpretation something produce by another member of the board, have a look back at my build process and there is a link to the original. but all the same thanks man, epic post!

Chrome: Harsh words man! She has the elegance of a Cape Buffalo and moves with the alacrity of a startled Hippo! But yes, quite heavily armed, but then I am not known for under gunning my vehicles! And as much as I hate broken records I am more than happy with the one your are playing brother, very much appreciated!!

Geektom: You know it brother!

Cheers again all, hopefully more very soon!

FTE

Holy crap, the hexes! They continue to get me. Also, hey GW, this is what a gunship is supposed to look like.

Dam straight :) not some flying pig that even in zero gravity you would have suspicions of its ability to fly

Good evening all!

Thanks for the continued support chaps,

deathspectersgt7: Patience brother, lots more to do before we loose the hounds of war!

Sockwithaticket: They are getting to me too brother and thanks!:thumbsup:

Squeaky: Ha!

Biohazard: Cheers brother!

batu: Lordy nor can I

Brother Excedis: Much appreciated brother, was really hoping to keep them in the Space marine mould whilst personalising them :woot:

So I spent the weekend trying to finish the Hexes

gallery_42238_5618_26544.jpg

which worked in part, at least i got the first layer down before i got distracted and started to learn some new green stuffing techniques...

Such as chainmail and the new tool for making cables...

gallery_42238_5618_29170.jpg

Very useful, these techniques, also distracting, as it meant i thought I should crack on with the first Demigryph "Thunderwolf".....

Who clearly needs quite an aggressive helmet:

gallery_42238_5618_90602.jpg

And quite an aggressive mount:

gallery_42238_5618_97854.jpg

Which as we can see uses both new techniques, yay!

gallery_42238_5618_34006.jpg

So yeah, that happened.

Cheers all!

FTE

The rider's feet look like they're arched up in a painful fashion, and don't quite go with the flow of the model.  Looks like they should be pointing more downwards.  I've run into the same problem working on my counts-as bikers on Daemon Steeds for my Word Bearers, don't quite have the sculpting skill yet to fix it adequately.  That shouldn't be a problem for you, brother.  :)

'Thunderwolves' are go! Very, very cool indeed. Mate, I'm not surprised they might be starting to get to you, you must have the patience of a saint. Looks like you're almost there with the gunship, make sure you get her done before going to far with other projects , we all want to see her completed.