Night Hunters WIP (Pic Heavy)

Sure thing Mikhail the parts used are:

Dark Angels Bolter

2xPromethium Canister from Flamers (trimmed down, glued together and filled with greenstuff) for the Saddle Magazine

Sight from the Guard Heavy weapons kit for the.......er ..........sight

And last but not Least one of the longer "Pylons"?? from the Grey Knight Intercepter back pack trimmed down a little for the Silencer.

Pretty simple, glag you like!

FTE

Mikhail, you running Space Sharks?

Yes I am, I need to build one more marine to start painting my first 5 man assault squad. I was thinking that your bolter conversion would look good on a squad of scouts.

"

The Night Hunters would be delighted to share the Technology of the "Jaeger" pattern bolter with their brethren of the most honourable and "noble" Chapter of the Carcharondons!"

Just don't tell the Mechanicus, they don't approve :D

FTE

p.s. Looking forward to seeing those Sharks.

Edited by NightHunters

"

The Night Hunters would be delighted to share the Technology of the "Jaeger" pattern bolter with their brethren of the most honourable and "noble" Chapter of the Carcharondons!"

Just don't tell the Mechanicus, they don't approve :D

FTE

p.s. Looking forward to seeing those Sharks.

Thanks for the permission. I'm planning on modeling some of my marines and scouts with non-standard equipment. I figure that a fleet based chapter operating so far out in the galaxy would have contact with all kinds of groups that one wouldn't usually see in "compliant" systems. Explorator fleets, Mechanicus research outposts, lost human civilizations, etc. I think it would almost be like Crusade Era contact and from these meetings they would obtain different styles of equipment and weapons. I even added a modified Maximini helmet to one of my firts marines to make him stand out. I'll start a log tonight when I have the last of the five built. Sorry for getting your thread off topic. Won't happen again.

Oh hell no worries Mikhail, bit of banter always welcome!

Really like where your going with your fluff and look forward to seeing its progress. Still working out more than a few kinks in my fluff but one thing I have set is that The Night Hunters are loyal to the Emperor, yes, BUT have no love for the Mechanicus and the religion of the machine and their strict adherance to out dated designs tat can an must be improved upon to guarantee the continuing survival of the Galactic Empire of man!

FTE

All of these marines are awesomely impressive. The hexes make me think that its some sort of high tech chameleon type of stuff. I'm a fan of your sweet looking scouts too.

Evening all,

mikhail: Very kind brother, on occasion they do!

Mutters: Thanks man, very kind and remarkably these guys were first thought up back in 2nd edition when cameloline (sp?) was a war gear option and that was the exact thought I had at the time!

Todays update, more work on the RB

gallery_42238_5618_31924.jpg

And the counts as wolf guard squad leader for squad 2

gallery_42238_5618_77185.jpg

and marine 2

gallery_42238_5618_6262.jpg

More tomorrow!

FTE

You've already heard what I have to say on your painting :D

A minor nitpick on the wolf guard count-as pose, it might be better to use a tiny bit of greenstuff between the gun arm and the torso so that it isn't pointing straight forward, but to the side a little. While there's nothing technicly wrong with the pose as it is now, it would be much more dynamic with that minor touch.

Keep making minis :lol:

Dark Apostle Thirst: Yup, your quite right Thirst, had to tear him apart but certainly looks better now me thinks!

gallery_42238_5618_86045.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_89327.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_171875.jpg

And a small RB update, only last touches on this before he goes across to the HOH.

gallery_42238_5618_160504.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_1782.jpg

Thanks again all

FTE

Terminatorinhell: Thanks to Thirst for that one, regards the Blood drops all of my "Wolf Guard" have blood drops on them somewhere, normally the gorget, as a Mark of honour indicating that they have bled/endured extremes for the Night Hunters.

Looks a bit weak in writing but works well in my head! :)

FTE

And again my thanks for that Thirst!

The next two of the squad, only the Melta Marine to go. Quite happy with the grenade pose and the squad LSW (another idea stolen from Dan the Daemon, thanks Dan!)

gallery_42238_5618_132810.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_102086.jpg

Thanks all!

FTE

Thought I would post a quick update of the full force, finished off the full RB squad 2 and did some more work on ye olde Fellblade but more on that another time!

gallery_42238_5618_48428.jpg

and a close up of the new unpainted stuff

gallery_42238_5618_85910.jpg

Hopefully more paint soon.

FTE

PanzerSmurf: Yes Mate, 2 barrels good, 4 barrels better and 6 barrel rotary cannon goodness, well that's just heaven (well that would of course depend on your position relative to said barrels). Thanks for the comments though old chap, glad you like them, the Alpha legion train of thought is an interesting one, what made you go there if I may ask?

Now for the fell blade which is just sucking up time like a black hole (no physics chat please)

gallery_42238_5618_25005.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_163041.jpg

And now to the question:

How does one weather the wheels so they look dusty inside, water down the paint and let it run into the recesses?

Thanks all

FTE

How does one weather the wheels so they look dusty inside, water down the paint and let it run into the recesses?

Da Rednekk'z two pennies on the subject:

One fairly simple technique Ive used (unless you want to get into chalk pastels or weathering powders) is to do a heavy drybrushing with your dirt colors.... kind of grind it in there and then do a more subtle, regular dry brushing with the color of your wheels. The raised areas end up your wheel color and the dirt/dust stays in. OR... you can try washes of something like Bleached Bone, then pick out the details with the original wheel color. Depends on how dirty you want it. But judging by the fenders and track guards, the first technique might work better for you. You can always combine the two. I've always found weathering to be a (pardon the pun) organic process. experimentation generally yields the best results, but a beat up flat brush( or several in various sizes), used specifically for dry brushing is always your friend if you are weathering.

BTW-Love the army, great, inspiring stuff. Keep up the good work, mate. :D

Edited by rednekkboss