New White Dwarf... StormRaven issue

SamaNagol

Maybe the GK will get SR only with their new dex being released? Sounds reasonable enough, no?

As for SR being BA-exclusive -- HOOZAH!!! I didn't expect GW keep it this way.

I knew it seemed really REALLY dumb to advertise a very expensive model as only being available to one Codex if it would become immediately usable by all Marines.

Good to get official confirmation though. ITS ALL OURS! MUAHAHAHAHAH

That is good news ;) ! Now to go laugh at the local GW stores' Raven painted in Ultrasmurfs colours :D

Seriously, I hope that the upcoming DA & BT dexs' also get unique stuff. It was a crime to take the DA Mortis pattern dread away from them and make it available to all and sundry. Probably the same can be said for the BT's Crusader.

It was a crime to take the DA Mortis pattern dread away from them and make it available to all and sundry.

Mortis pattern dread?  :D Am I too young to remember it?

Its a dread with a pair of twin-linked weapons. Traditional mortis each arm has a twin linked lascannon or heavybolter. The twin autocannon dread is basically one type of Mortis.

I expect the DA will get Mortis Dreads back, with more options than we or regular marines get.

*happy dance*

Ah, the jig of joy! I still won't be suprised if it gets shared out further down the line but it's nice we get to keep it for now.

Had a look at the local stores one yesterday and have warmed to it 'in the flesh', I'm still not going to replace my scratch build though.

According to BoLS, the back of the SR box has pics of the SR in Grey Knight livery

Yup.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4nzgPbHlNo4/TTu7ATBBY3I/AAAAAAAAJpA/A2nTADgyLEE/s1600/greyknight-stormraven-box.jpg

So I'm declaring my vow of silence complete then. :cuss

It's confirmed in the designer's notes that GK iconography is included on the sprue. And it also mentions to keep an eye open for April's issue for the full info on how it can be used by GK.

On a side note, its far too cool to stay exclusive to BA. Enough people will complain and the money men will rub their hands with glee knowing that so many marine players want to fork out £41 for it

Ok then if it's not for other Marine players then why are the rules and points costing printed in this issue. As a BA player I already have them in my codex so why print them at all if not for use by other chapters? I'm not saying it's going to be allowed in official tournaments yet, but the articles clearly state that they intend other Space Marine chapters to have access to Stormravens eventually.

Ok then if it's not for other Marine players then why are the rules and points costing printed in this issue. As a BA player I already have them in my codex so why print them at all if not for use by other chapters? I'm not saying it's going to be allowed in official tournaments yet, but the articles clearly state that they intend other Space Marine chapters to have access to Stormravens eventually.

This confuses me as well, but whatever. I still think other marines will get it eventually.

This confuses me as well, but whatever. I still think other marines will get it eventually.

'Eventually', as in next edition?

Won't be surprised if the next Vanilla Codex gets it, with the caveat that ,"While initially only fielded by the Blood Angels and its Successors, and the mysterious Grey Knights, the (Stormraven) is beginning to see production in other Chapters in the Imperium..."

The stats are for future BA players, not us.

'Eventually', as in next edition?

Won't be surprised if the next Vanilla Codex gets it, with the caveat that ,"While initially only fielded by the Blood Angels and its Successors, and the mysterious Grey Knights, the (Stormraven) is beginning to see production in other Chapters in the Imperium..."

Which is fair, considering all Space Marine chapters are shock troopers. Preferances may range from here to there, but ultimately a chapter has all the tools to do every job and meet every situation. A different chapter does not nessiarily have entirely different tools unless they are completely none codex. Which is why I am puzzled at why Codex Marines don't have it, since while many chapters can't assualt as well as BA, does not mean they don't have a use for the fast aircraft, which serves as a inbetweener to the Droppod and Thunderhawk.

Oh well, as they say, the Imperium is a stagment beast of a empire. Nothing ever gets done quickly and when they do something, more often then not they don't finish the job properly. As a space wolves player, I am doubtful we will be ever in the high lords good books as long as the imperium stands! XD

Archived