A Fluff Story

Tech Priest Malachite

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the delay guys....I spend a lot of time over at the EG these days, try to finish painting my Nids and picked up BFG again....

Which means U will see the next chapter in a week or 2 ^_^

It has a battlescene with Orks in it so I picked up Shadow Point to get some clue's about Ork fighting, I only have a little bit of battlefield (or should that be battlespace?) experience with them so I want to be sure I portray it in the right way.

Which means, yes idd, playing the battle I'm describing on the table several times and going with the best fitting version.

Stay tuned! :)

• 1 month later...

Until last night I had never liked fan fiction, and 40k fan fiction least of all. TPM, you have written something that is almost unbelieveable to have come from a message board.

What a great excuse to play BFG and 40k, being able to plan upcoming battles on the tabletop.

Great work, I sure apreciate what you have done for my feelings towards the IH, and doesn't hurt that my favorite group, the AM are given much screen time too.

BB

• 4 weeks later...

Jern, thx for the reply but I will never ever send my story to the Black Library. I will have to let it go, and they will chop it up and turn it into something that isn't mine.

At least, thats what I fear.

Anyway, enjoy Part 11: Zorga's Eadbutter

Takra studied the target as it's 3D picture showed the main reference points. The priests had used their long-range augur systems to give the men a head start in knowing what to hit and what to avoid. The engines where outlined in red, big bulky devices of different sizes, pushing the massive bulk of the Kroozer through space. Highlighted in green where the main and secondary weapon systems. Turrets as large as one of the crawlers back on Medusa, sporting large bore cannons or lasers stood next to turrets sporting nothing more then the Ork equivalent of heavy bolters. And the total number was huge, the augurs had given no number as they where detecting more and more kinds of defenses. No bridge of any kind had been detected by the augurs, but that did not mean none was there.

Suspiciously, the augurs had detected a flight bay, an unusual feature in this type of Kroozer. Fortunately, this meant it wasn't armed with torpedoes, but neither was the Davion 3.

But at the moment, Takra and the rest of the raiding party, being the entire company of 100 men, split over 6 Thunderhawk Gunships, where more worried about all of the secondary defense turrets scattered all over the Ork Kroozer. Although woefully inaccurate in their fire, the sheer volume was enough to throw up a wall of steel thick enough to let one of the God-Emperors largest Titans walk across and with that many munitions in space, they where bound to hit something

Rechecking the 3D grid Takra noted that the Kroozer was a typical product of Ork creativity. A large armored prow, shaped like a head with a snarling visage, it's beak opened and serving as a flight bay, and gigantic guns mounted in its nose. Painted in a vivid blue, it had fake white eyes painted on the side staring dead into space, a crude depiction of some kind of monster, possibly to scare their enemies. Not that it mattered to Takra and the rest of the Marines, for fear was something they did not feel on this day. Now, as their ships closed in on the Ork Kroozer, the augurs picked up the massive plasma wake of the engines and the debris that was from the Kroozer. Whoever commanded it was taking it's ship to the max and it was coming at them and the Davion 3 at max, or maybe more, speed. They must mistake the Davion 3 for a light cruiser, due to its size, but somehow, he felt the AM had a couple of surprises in store for the Ork Kaptain.

Finally, the glyphs on the tail could be seen, and seconds after the crude signs where translated. " Zorga's 'Eadbutter"

Takra switched off the 3D diagram and switched back to normal vision, watching the rest of his battle brothers as they where praying, rechecking their weapons or just staring out in front of them, most likely studying the diagram over and over again. And rechecking their target, the protrusion on the port side that had been calculated to be hiding one of the ships plasma drives. That was their target, to destroy and disable the engines, to cast the ship adrift in space and make sure it could not pursue the Davion. And giving the Navy's gunners something to target practice on and an easy victory, something they could use for their moral. But that was wishful thinking for now; they still had 2 minutes to go before they arrived at their landing zones. And around now their fighter support should be intercepting the Ork fighters.

Meanwhile, aboard the Ork Kroozer, gretchin assistants scattered away from the Ork Kaptain as he stomped across the command deck. Loads of flickering lights and big crude brass dials surrounded him, reflecting or the bionic part of his visage. Looking across the bow of his ship he saw the last of his fighters leave the launch bay, and a deep rumbling sound started to reverberate throughout the ship, shaking him and everything inside the vessel. The Kaptain started to grin as a dull clang was heard and the rumbling stopped. Looking behind him, he watched a big brass dial smeared with grease starting to rise, indicating a power increase of some sort. To his right, he watched a Ork Mek stare intently at a large screen with a big bulls eye painted on it, flipping switches seemingly at random and slamming a big wrench on several dials. Looking out across the bow he could see the guns in front starting to fire, big and small, lighting up space and filling it with laser fire, rockets and explosives. The battle had begun. Soon he would be able to unleash his Meks newest creation. And if it failed, he would personally pump a slug into the Mek using his own custom shoota and then letting his flyboys use him for target practice.

In the lead Ork Fighta Bomma, Zagdrakka crushed his accelerator pedal through the floor of his cockpit, increasing his speed even more and cracking the dial indicating speed, slamming the needle around the from the red right back to the green. Bolts and rivets started to pop and the engines turbine blades began their whining protest as they started to glow read hot. With a loud clang, a turbine blade broke loose and came out through the side of his plane, shredding part of the fuselage. He didn

• 3 months later...

Actually, after my last crash, I don't.

It's a good thing I wanderd in here, real life has been slowly eating away my web and writing time.

Does this mean I'll have to spend my few last hours cutting and pasting the story back into Word? Damn ;)

I really hoped you would have told me about this in advance IF.

TPM

Does this mean I'll have to spend my few last hours cutting and pasting the story back into Word? Damn ;)

I really hoped you would have told me about this in advance IF.

Sorry for the stress there TPM (and fans of this story), but don't panic. This thread isn't going away (are you kinding? this stuff is great!). IF's comment was with regard to the prospect of us losing data in the database transfer from the old board to the new one... this worked fine (thanks be to Argos) and your work is intact.

Iron Father has left us to go to Amicus and one thing we had to do with the new board was make some tough decisions about what could remain pinned. As I'm sure you've noticed the format of pinned items has changed, and with the new rules announcement and IFs farewell notice, we were running out of room.

So, the thread will remain unpinned for a while at least, but will probably be re-pinned at a later date. It will not be deleted!

Archived