Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

The new information coming out now is from the Black Boxes that arrived this past weekend at GW stores around the world.

@CandleFlame:

Yes indeed, all Nemesis Force Weapons are Force Weapons as seen in the 40k Rule Book. They act as power weapons and on an unsaved wound the wielder is allowed to make a psychic test to see if said wound causes instant death. I'm not really sure how this works with Brotherhood of Psykers but I have a sinking feeling that it works on the entire squads weapons meaning that every wound could instantly kill off enemy models. Whats more, the Brotherhood Banner just makes this even better:

-Brotherhood Banner: +1 Attack and all Force Weapon psychic test automatically succeed.

This is just scary! Multi-wound death star units are going to hate playing Gray Knights! Even Eldar Seer Councils are going to hurt from this since you don't have to roll for anything!

I will try to get more information to answer more of your questions. Until then head over to Warseer and Heresy Online where a lot of new information is being posted.

Edit:

Librarian's Teleport Homer does effect "The Summoning" psychic power.

have grey knights got true grid or are they stuck with 1 attack? Are terminators still troops (in the pdf the scribble puts them into elite)? what do daemon hammers do?

I wonder, these black 'boxes', are they the final version of the codex?

No new info to contribute here, but the end of the "What's New Today" section on GW's site today (March 8) pretty much screams "Advance Orders Incoming This Week."
Actually, there's quite a lot of Daemons in today's post, let's hope there's not some kind of infestation about to occur, there's nothing worse than Daemons appearing all over the place. Come to think of it, I had noticed the nasty tang of ozone in the air and little arcs of lightning sparking off all the electrical equipment. Quick, call in the Imperial Guard, call in the Space Marines. No, wait, even they can't handle this many daemons! If you have a Daemon problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can enlist...

+++Communication terminated, pending investigation by the Inquisition+++

That pretty much screams Wednesday.

@CandleFlame:

Yes indeed, all Nemesis Force Weapons are Force Weapons as seen in the 40k Rule Book. They act as power weapons and on an unsaved wound the wielder is allowed to make a psychic test to see if said wound causes instant death. I'm not really sure how this works with Brotherhood of Psykers but I have a sinking feeling that it works on the entire squads weapons meaning that every wound could instantly kill off enemy models.

That's not the way a force weapon attack works, you make an unsaved wound and then take a psychic test, if passed the opposing model suffers instant death, one psychic test for one wound, it doesn't mean all unsaved wounds are instant death and it certainly doesn't mean the whole squad is insta-gibbing anything they come up against, I wouldn't worry too much.

The Codex Cover is on Heresy-Online:

Nice cover!

~Gil ^_^

The First wave has been confirmed!

Grey Knight Codex Softback – £17.50 RRP

Grey Knights Boxed 5 man Set -£20.50 RRp

Can be built as;

* A Grey Knight Squad

* Interceptor Squad (Can teleport 30″ once per game)

* Purgation Squad (Heavy Support can have psy-cannons, psilencer or incenerators. Have psyk-out grenades and can fire at targets the can not see due to Astral Aim.

* Purifier Squad (Elite Squad with 2 attacks and the cleansing flame psychic attack)

The Grey Knight Nemesis Dreadknight – £33 RRP

Grey Knight Terminators / Paladins – £27.70

(Paladins are two wounded ws5 terminators with apothecaries)

Lord Kaldor Draigo – £13.80 RRP

(HQ choice that makes Paladins troops and grants D3 universal special rules)

Castellan Crowe – £10.25

(Makes Purifier Squads Troops)

Jokaero Weaponsmith – £7.70 RRP

An awesome space monkey!

http://tabletoptyrant.co.uk/Tyrants/?p=891

That's not the way a force weapon attack works, you make an unsaved wound and then take a psychic test, if passed the opposing model suffers instant death, one psychic test for one wound, it doesn't mean all unsaved wounds are instant death and it certainly doesn't mean the whole squad is insta-gibbing anything they come up against, I wouldn't worry too much.

With regular Librarians yes, however we don't know how the Brotherhood of Psykers rule will effect this.

With regular Librarians yes, however we don't know how the Brotherhood of Psykers rule will effect this.

well just like I said providing it hasn't changed since the leaked codex

~Gil ;)

More stuff:

'm surprised pictures haven't leaked already - saw the pre-release sheet earlier.

While the models are all nicely done, especially the terminator command squad bits, they don't seem to have the WOW factor I was hoping for.

The Jokaero looks pretty small - goblin size, is hunched over and has a few tech/bionic bits, that almost look like a mechadendrite. At his price point he seems costly, like DE razor bird costly.

A lot of the models can come with paired swords, while nice, looks a bit funny.

A plaguebearer head impaled by a great sword and severed daemonette and bloodletter heads carried as options between the power armour and termi squads.

The only major aestheic changes are the Special weapons - they all have top handles for the most part, with often over sized ammo boxes etc, looks odd. The psycannon/psilencer? no sure which one? looks like a cross between the old version,and a grenade launcher with a vehicle stormbolter ammobox stuck on.

The biggest part that they seem lacking is with the helmets sadly. They also seem to be slightly 'off' almost like the homemade ones people make by filing down normal termi heads etc, like they've taken too much off and had no time to do a replacement - but again it's only my opinion.

Despite his fluff heresies the Draigo model is very nice, termi with ornate sword and very fancy and large stormshield (think FW blacktemplar shield size, if not slightly bigger)

The guy that has rending with no power weapon (;)???, only grey knight in the list like it as far as I know?) seems ok, but he suffers from brother captain stern style posing.

The Dreadknight while a nice and very lovely model - just does not fit the imperium of man or dare I say it even the grimdark world, far too smooth and none archaic looking, would look much better in a tau pr possibly necon army.

All the guys with hammers look great, and are holding them in lovely action poses.

The Terminators are the winners overall (it would be draigo, but his fluff marks him down ) - the Termi Apothecary bits are my personal fave. They have an impressive looking three barelled special weapon banners etc.

All the stormbolter arms look like they come open palm, closed fist, like the sanguinary guard.

The bare head for the termi captain they used somehow resembles a monkey, satyr horn or the conan style space wolf head, not a fan of it

Any questions feel free to ask.

The Teleport squad have perculiar little tesla coils that stick out of the backvents/vains.

The Termi's make both normal/paladin and cmd squd versions, and from looking at it the power armour guys come with all options, including the special/heavy weapons, though I am unsure if you need to buy more than one box to get a full unit armed with identical weapons.

Fret not, brother. All of the 40k rumourmongers have consistently stated that the scales will match. They've been mostly right thus far. =)

Also, is dat sum David Gallagher art on the cover there? I can scarce believe my eyes. In less than six months, he's mostly redeemed himself for the BA cover...

It just seems a bit rediculous that for 20 points you get a model with a power weapon and a storm bolter.

Why not?

Bloodletters don't have the SB or PA, but have an Invulnerable save and FC, and are cheaper...

Edit:

Librarian's Teleport Homer does effect "The Summoning" psychic power.

<3

TY!

That's sealed it, Mordrak Plus a Libby for 'summoning' a sqaud of Termies first turn.

Win!

Edit:

More Wargear Questions.

What does Truesilver Armour do?

If Nemesis Daemonhammers only give +1S (and there's a seperate Dameonhammer?), why does Hammerhand say it comes beofre modificaiton from them?

Fret not, brother. All of the 40k rumourmongers have consistently stated that the scales will match. They've been mostly right thus far. =)

Also, is dat sum David Gallagher art on the cover there? I can scarce believe my eyes. In less than six months, he's mostly redeemed himself for the BA cover...

That's good to know. Mix-matching my old models with the new will definitely identify me as a loyal GK player from the get go ;) (nothing against new players :) )

Brotherhood Banner -25 points. +1 attack to unit, and all models in the unit automatically pass there pyschic test for there force weapon.

How does this work with attached Charcaters?

I'm considering this becuase the Ghost Knights can purchase one wihtout losing thier Weapon. So would, say and attached Libby, get the +1S and the auto pass FW checks?

Mordrak would be part of the Ghost unit anyway, so wouldn't get a seperate FW check.

Edit;

Does anyone else think Empyrean Brain Mines (if they really stop the target unit doing anything in an assault phase) is horrendously overpowered?

And I'm slightly disapointed over the stats of the Heavy Psycannon. Trading 4 shots for a large blast I'm not sure is worth the cost. :/ (I realise the DK can't get a normal Psycanno, but still! :tu:)

That's sealed it, Mordrak Plus a Libby for 'summoning' a sqaud of Termies first turn.

I'd wait till you've read the actual wargear entry. The source just said it worked for all deepstrike, but that's not how regular Teleporter Homers work. Plus there could be the usual 'has to be on the board at the start of the turn' clause.

Does anyone else think Empyrean Brain Mines (if they really stop the target unit doing anything in an assault phase) is horrendously overpowered?

Wouldn't be suprised if it's just the 'take a Leadership/Morale test to assault this unit' stuff.

True. :tu:

I'm starting to like Techmarines more. The ability to take an cheapish IC with Rad/Blind Grenades and Brian Mines! Now if onyl you could buy him TDA so he could DS...

Oh well :(

I tihnk the only Grenade that's not been mentoined yet is the Pyscostroke (spelling?).

Archived