Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

it's funny that no one re-upped the leaked codex yet. tons of people downloaded it and they're all just keeping it for themselves. pft.

You'll find that GW's legal team went as far as to threaten to shut down these forums if the admin and mods didn't take down all links to the playtest codex.

This is a pretty big indicator, as GW didn't care in the slightest when the Blood Angels 'codex' was leaked, because it was fake.

it's funny that no one re-upped the leaked codex yet. tons of people downloaded it and they're all just keeping it for themselves. pft.

its on scribid afaik.

PAGK cant pick personal teleporters anymore, right?

They can but they're called interceptor squads and are FA choices

~Gil :P

I'd be really disappointed if you can't take the teleporting guys as troops.... They're expensive enough as it is. and limit us to two troops? seriously?
Hi, my name is Codex: Space Marines. I'd like to question your opinion that 2 troop choices is a big limitation.

I'd be really disappointed if you can't take the teleporting guys as troops.... They're expensive enough as it is. and limit us to two troops? seriously?
Hi, my name is Codex: Space Marines. I'd like to question your opinion that 2 troop choices is a big limitation.

Hi, I'm Codex: Space Wolves. I'm the most competitive codex GW has released so far. I would also like to know what is bad about only having 2 Troop Choices.

I thought this was a nice little tie in to the launch of Grey Knights from Whats New Today on the GW website for Tuesday.

Actually, there's quite a lot of Daemons in today's post, let's hope there's not some kind of infestation about to occur, there's nothing worse than Daemons appearing all over the place. Come to think of it, I had noticed the nasty tang of ozone in the air and little arcs of lightning sparking off all the electrical equipment. Quick, call in the Imperial Guard, call in the Space Marines. No, wait, even they can't handle this many daemons! If you have a Daemon problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can enlist...

+++Communication terminated, pending investigation by the Inquisition+++

I thought this was a nice little tie in to the launch of Grey Knights from Whats New Today on the GW website for Tuesday.

Actually, there's quite a lot of Daemons in today's post, let's hope there's not some kind of infestation about to occur, there's nothing worse than Daemons appearing all over the place. Come to think of it, I had noticed the nasty tang of ozone in the air and little arcs of lightning sparking off all the electrical equipment. Quick, call in the Imperial Guard, call in the Space Marines. No, wait, even they can't handle this many daemons! If you have a Daemon problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can enlist...

+++Communication terminated, pending investigation by the Inquisition+++

That pretty much screams Wednesday.

what do the following pieces of wargear do:

-psychotroke grenades (Random abilities from 1- nothing to 6- models in unit make individual test and those that fail attack own unit first)

-orbital strike relay (basically same as space marine but more choices/options per turn used)

-daemonblade (random daemonic abilities)

-hellrifle (36" S6 AP4 rending Possibly Heavy1)

-condemnar boltgun (missed this one)

-null rod (and this)

-psyocculum (and this)

-scythian venom talon (+2 poisoned weapon that I think can attack owner)

-ulumeatni plasma syphon (unit firing plasma weapon/s at unit containing this are treated as BS1)

Ok looking over GW site, yeah love the new models. Great scuplt and should offer up great conversion opportunity. The shear number of left over weapon options is going to hit those bitz sites hard on the grey knight bodies cost. Black templar/Dark angel bodies options may be an option here. or some of the more ornate torsos.

The dreadknight is looking non STC which is a shame.

The new Captain gets a thumbs up from me!

Shamelessly stolen:

Empyrean Brain Mines are:

Pick one model after assault moves, but before attacks. Model must make and ini[tiative] check or not strike (in coma)

Orbital Strike relays are either:

str 6 ap 4 ord D3 large, blast

str 10 ap 1 heavy 1 blast, lance

str 6 ap 4 ord 1, large blast, psi-shock

PAGK and TAGK come with 5x Halberd, 10x Falchion, 5x Sword, and one Hammer, Stave, and each ranged weapon.

New PAGK Stormbolters are massive and look retarded as all hell.

Did anyone else catch this aobut the NDK?

The pilot's Dark Excommunication power can temporarily nulify his targets Daemonic gifts

o_O

Echoing some comments above..

First impressions.

I like the new Nemesis DreadKnight. Could be better with a little conversion, but it's nice looking from the pictures.

The new Power Armour guys Storm Bolters are stupidly big. :/ And the two tiny tesla coils of the Personal Teleporters looks rubbish. :/

The plastic Terminators don't look anywhere near as good as the old Metal ones did.

Overall, the new mini's look /meh from the pictures.

Edit:

Now that's cheap....

Relisitng the old metal PAGK Justicar as the new Brotherhood Champion...

At least it looks like Terminators remain Troop Choices. <_<

i have tyo agree that the sizing of them looks stupid, i would be tempted to remove the clips and trim down the storm bolter to make it look more suitable for the fore arm size

Having been all OMG this is going to be the best release EVAR!

... I am now somewhat disappointed... don't get me wrong bits and pieces look cool... I think the dreadknight will grow on me... but the PAGK helmets are... meh... think I'll be using the bitz from the new boxes to convert my current metals...

~Gil <_<

i have tyo agree that the sizing of them looks stupid, i would be tempted to remove the clips and trim down the storm bolter to make it look more suitable for the fore arm size

If you look at the sprues, it looks like the magazines are seperate.

Did anyone else catch this aobut the NDK?

The pilot's Dark Excommunication power can temporarily nulify his targets Daemonic gifts

Hmm... missed that on first pass. The individual comments by Ward are particualrly groan worthy.

PAGK has:

3 Halberds

3 sets of Falchions

5 NFS (1 in demon head0

1 Staff

1 Hammer

TDAGK has:

5 Halberds

5 NFS

5 sets of Falchions

1 Staff

1 Hammer

AND the most bad ass molded banner I have ever seen!

Archived