Grey Knight mk.II Fluff discussion

Vindicatus

Wait till you guys read about the creation of the Grey Knights. It'll blow your mind in a bad way.

We could read about it right now, if you're willing to tell us.

Emperor and Malcador the Sigillite decided that the Imperium needs holy warriors just incase the Horus Heresy goes ill or all :) gets messed up and needs fixing.

Malcador goes off and finds 12 dudes, 4 of which become the Inquisition and 8 of which are Space Marines, some from the traitor legions aka Garro + his dudes.

Malcador takes them to Titan and unveils Titan's SURPRISE! Fortress Monastery. It was shrouded by him all this time, no one knew..

He assigns the task for build the Grey Knights to Janus, the first Grand Master and gives him a hundred thousand initiates and then disappears.

Before he does, he shrouds the entire planet of Titan and Titan disappears from Saturn's orbit and takes a journey through the warp (ROFL)

Titan re-emerges during the 2nd founding with a thousand Grey Knights and starts kicking ass.

I vomited, regurgitated, ate it to do a double-take, confirmed what I read, and vomited again. Then I accidently flipped the book to Draigo's page and decided to leave.

Emperor and Malcador the Sigillite decided that the Imperium needs holy warriors just incase the Horus Heresy goes ill or all :) gets messed up and needs fixing.

Malcador goes off and finds 12 dudes, 4 of which become the Inquisition and 8 of which are Space Marines, some from the traitor legions aka Garro + his dudes.

Malcador takes them to Titan and unveils Titan's SURPRISE! Fortress Monastery. It was shrouded by him all this time, no one knew..

He assigns the task for build the Grey Knights to Janus, the first Grand Master and gives him a hundred thousand initiates and then disappears.

Before he does, he shrouds the entire planet of Titan and Titan disappears from Saturn's orbit and takes a journey through the warp (ROFL)

Titan re-emerges during the 2nd founding with a thousand Grey Knights and starts kicking ass.

I vomited, regurgitated, ate it to do a double-take, confirmed what I read, and vomited again. Then I accidently flipped the book to Draigo's page and decided to leave.

There are no words.

Emperor and Malcador the Sigillite decided that the Imperium needs holy warriors just incase the Horus Heresy goes ill or all <_< gets messed up and needs fixing.

I ....

Wait till you guys read about the creation of the Grey Knights. It'll blow your mind in a bad way.

We could read about it right now, if you're willing to tell us.

Emperor and Malcador the Sigillite decided that the Imperium needs holy warriors just incase the Horus Heresy goes ill or all :cuss gets messed up and needs fixing.

Urge to kill, rising...

I'll tell you what happened to Grey Knights in a nut shell, going from 3rd to 5th:

The real Grey Knights in 3rd is gone and what's left is a 5-year old's vision of Space Marines, which is pretty much 1 man prevailing against thousands of Daemons, a mix between Michael Bay's Transformers in the form of a Dreadknight, and special characters who have decent fluff, but can't do crap on the battlefield.

'Tis a good thing I have an office with concrete walls. I'm actually not all that surprised that it's gone in this direction, it's congruent with murmerings I've been hearing since they foolishly decided to try and canonise BL travesties.

This is what you get when you let the ilk of Ward write fluff in a profit hungry large corporte environment that's embraced the schlock of BL hacks.

Maybe it just sounds bad in summary and is at least passble on the page, I still cleve to my faint hope.

So do you think We could raise enough money for a Hit man??? JJokes....*Pm me instead<_< * kidding though but if some of this other stuff is true I fell the need for torches and pitchforks BUT NO damn you customs for taking my things...

While I certainly prefer the 3rd Ed fluff compared to what has just been summarized.. the only problem that sticks out to me is the "Shrouded a whole Monastery already built and prepared for the Knights" and "The moon disappears into the warp for 2 years and pops out of no where". Other then that I think it will look better in the acctual codex and will hopefully have more detail than the summary that was posted here.

I'll tell you what happened to Grey Knights in a nut shell, going from 3rd to 5th:

The real Grey Knights in 3rd is gone and what's left is a 5-year old's vision of Space Marines, which is pretty much 1 man prevailing against thousands of Daemons, a mix between Michael Bay's Transformers in the form of a Dreadknight, and special characters who have decent fluff, but can't do crap on the battlefield.

matt ward is actually michael bay... and things suddenly make sense.

It makes sense.

Time in the warp doesn't move at the same rate that it does in real space. With help from Malcador and Big E, they could have established a tide pool if you will in the warp where time was sped up. Big E and Malcador see everything going wrong side up, and take drastic measures. Garro assembles the most loyal and badass Space Marines he can find. They get a moon, enough bodies to create a fighting force, and then they transition to the warp, protected by planetary Geller fields. They accomplish in a few years real space time what it took the Emperor decades to do. Obviously they missed the fight at Terra, but as a last ditch effort to design and create a fighting force that could stand toe to toe with Horus' new daemon toys they succeeded, just a little bit too late.

GKs kill sisters of battle to use their innocent blood to make a talisman that would protect them from the bloodtide.

Let the screaming begin!

Even if that was true, how exactly it is different from feeding a 1000 innocent souls every day into a glorified lighthouse?

Or turning 90% of potential space marines into mindless servitors, just because there's tiny problem with their adaptation to geneseed, instead of training them as stormtroopers, as they are the very best human material already?

Or dragging the bones of martyrs and saints around as idols since, well, ever?

I'm liable to disagree with dicing Sisters of Battle as I'm sure the Ecclesiarchy would have something to say about their militant hand being butchered by the Ordo Malleus.

As far as said 1000 souls to the glorified lighthouse, we're doing them a favour. Better that than be daemonfood.

Even if that was true, how exactly it is different from feeding a 1000 innocent souls every day into a glorified lighthouse?

The psykers who get sacrificed to the Astronomicon are the psykers most dangerous to themselves and everyone around them.

Or turning 90% of potential space marines into mindless servitors, just because there's tiny problem with their adaptation to geneseed, instead of training them as stormtroopers, as they are the very best human material already?

Potential Space Marines are violent, preindustrial thugs - they are not Stormtrooper material.

And both of these are groups of nameless nobodies in a population of trillions. Having the Grey Knights use another, allied faction's troops as a blood sacrifice in some dark rite is a more direct insult to that faction's players than the death of a dangerous psyker or barbarian: it's Matt Ward saying "my army is more important than your army".

Archived