Prospero

MaveriK

yea, that was because it was written from a TS point of view from a good but not gifted author. i think abnett all too brief views into the battle at large were more balanced.

Even the Space Wolf POV from Hawser stated that the Wolves where at the disadvantage when the Sons unleased their powers and that lasted up until the Sisters came.

good point...except where the TS point of view has that advantage being nullifief pretty quickly as every TS started killing sisters with ease.

We get that from Phosis T'kar's viewpoint though. That's just one part of the battle. Just as Hawser is viewing one part of a larger battle.

yea, that was because it was written from a TS point of view from a good but not gifted author. i think abnett all too brief views into the battle at large were more balanced.

Even the Space Wolf POV from Hawser stated that the Wolves where at the disadvantage when the Sons unleased their powers and that lasted up until the Sisters came.

good point...except where the TS point of view has that advantage being nullifief pretty quickly as every TS started killing sisters with ease.

do do wish we could have gotten some references on the Wolves strength at Prospero, numbers wise. i dont recall any definte info on that being given.

WLK

In one of the short stories (wolf at the door or something like that) I think it's mentioned that The wolf Lord has summoned all companies to a certain system to rally and then head towards Prospero.

So I'm guessing the Entire legion will be there (a few squads might be missing, like mentioned in the monstrity Battle for the abyss)

Numbers wise, I would like to know how many sisters and custodians were there..

do do wish we could have gotten some references on the Wolves strength at Prospero, numbers wise. i dont recall any definte info on that being given.

WLK

In one of the short stories (wolf at the door or something like that) I think it's mentioned that The wolf Lord has summoned all companies to a certain system to rally and then head towards Prospero.

So I'm guessing the Entire legion will be there (a few squads might be missing, like mentioned in the monstrity Battle for the abyss)

Numbers wise, I would like to know how many sisters and custodians were there..

yes, it was in th wshort story "Wolf at the Door" from the HH anthology...great story IMO.

but that still doesnt help me with number, as we have no clue how big or small the Wolf companies are.

and i am very interested in the allies numbers as well.

WLK

that's a mystery concerning all the legions I think,

Besides the Thousand sons (who were/are with thousand I guess..) and the 100k word bearers (First heretic) we don't really have numbers of any legion mentioned so far in the Heresy novels..

I don't even know how many companies there are in a legion.. 13 for the wolves ?

Besides the Thousand sons (who were/are with thousand I guess..) and the 100k word bearers (First heretic) we don't really have numbers of any legion mentioned so far in the Heresy novels..

I don't even know how many companies there are in a legion.. 13 for the wolves ?

It mentions at the end of" A Thousand sons" that around 1200 TS escaped to the planet of sorcerers. Before the battle begins there is a mention of the Thousand sons being a small legion compared to the Space wolves. If we go with there being 9k Thousand sons before the burning of Prospero,it wouldnt be hard to figure the Space wolves would be around 70k Marines.

Yes there are 13 great companies in the space Wolves legion

Not true about not having numbers. Raven's Flight specifically says Corax has 80,000 and he was never large compared to his brothers and could not use frontal/brutal tactics and take casualties like other legions.

My guess is that wolves were 90-100k, and would be larger if they didn't always get the "dirty jobs".

• 3 weeks later...

Not true about not having numbers. Raven's Flight specifically says Corax has 80,000 and he was never large compared to his brothers and could not use frontal/brutal tactics and take casualties like other legions.

My guess is that wolves were 90-100k, and would be larger if they didn't always get the "dirty jobs".

Sorry, I know this is about two weeks old but I just finished A Thousand Sons and wanted to jump in here. I know that a few authors had mentioned that the SM Legions went up from 10k to 100k but do we know when that went into effect?

During the battle of Prospero, Ahriman comments that the Thousand Sons are down to 1500 marines left, but the Space Wolves had been whittled down to 4500 left. (Paraphrasing, he said that they had 1500 left, but even heavily bloodied from the TS counter-attack the Wolves still had three men for every one of the Sons). So I am guessing they were operating under the 10,000 rule for that novel?

Archived