Dark Angels DLC for Dawn of War: Retribution

Wispy

I figured you dudes might appreciate this, and even you're not a DoW2 fan, at least the art is rad.

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/

The Dark Angels Pack adds the iconic Space Marine chapter to the game with eight unique models for the major multiplayer units as well as new color schemes for the others. The Force Commander is replaced by a Dark Angels Company Master complete with winged helmet, the Tactical Marine squad all sport the iconic Dark Angels robes. Additionally, the Scout Squad, Assault Marine Squad and Terminators all receive similar chapter-specific revisions. The Space Marine vehicles also get a visual makeover with this DLC pack, adding custom designs and emblems to differentiate them from the standard vehicles.

The Dark Angels Pack for Warhammer® 40,000®: Dawn of War® II - Retribution™ is scheduled to be available for download on Steam, the THQ E-Shop and select digital retailers on 6 April for a suggested price of $7.50

I haven't made much secret where I work in my ramblings on B&C (and most people fail to notice, to it works for me!) so let me just say Relic is trying to get a grasp on the fan desire for this sort of thing, and decided to try it out with Dark Angels.

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/sites/dawnofwar2.com/files/images/DarkAngels_group.jpg

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/sites/dawnofwar2.com/files/images/DarkAngels_charge.jpg

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/sites/dawnofwar2.com/files/images/DarkAngels_jump.jpg

Very cool! I request some DW charging out of the LRC.

Any particular reason why you decided to give all tactical marines robes? I'm not saying it's wrong, as the codex even says it's a convoluted system, but it's not my preference - I would like just sergeants getting them. Game mechanics perhaps?

Any particular reason why you decided to give all tactical marines robes? I'm not saying it's wrong, as the codex even says it's a convoluted system, but it's not my preference - I would like just sergeants getting them. Game mechanics perhaps?

It was a conscious decision. The robes look damn cool, and since tactical marines are the most built unit in the game, and we are selling something, we wanted to spoil players who paid for it.

colour composition, too - With the Deathwing, you have an army half bone, and half green. Lots of robes helps blend the bone and green and make it more cohesive.

It was a conscious decision. The robes look damn cool, and since tactical marines are the most built unit in the game, and we are selling something, we wanted to spoil players who paid for it.

colour composition, too - With the Deathwing, you have an army half bone, and half green. Lots of robes helps blend the bone and green and make it more cohesive.

Works for me, now get them to make DoW for Mac.

......Between seeing this and reading Angels of Darkness, I'm actually starting to take a liking to the Dark Angels....And I never thought I'd say that.

Shame that you have to pay around $7.50 just for cosmetic changes though.

Also, I second FerociousBeast: Termie pics please?

I'm curious to see if we can do color changes to these new models like on the other armies in DoW. This would let me run my DA successors (silver armor, green robes, black and purple details).

Even without the color changes, it's an impressive DLC for the DA fanboy in me.

I'm curious to see if we can do color changes to these new models like on the other armies in DoW. This would let me run my DA successors (silver armor, green robes, black and purple details).

Even without the color changes, it's an impressive DLC for the DA fanboy in me.

I think Guardians of the Covenant would work great with all those robes. Though you wouldn't have the actual icons would you?

I haven't made much secret where I work in my ramblings on B&C (and most people fail to notice, to it works for me!) so let me just say Relic is trying to get a grasp on the fan desire for this sort of thing, and decided to try it out with Dark Angels.

Will they ever make DoWI again?

I mean, this DA thing looks very nice, don't get me wrong.

But Command and Conquer, Age of Empires and such were games I have really enjoyed, so when my brother discovered DoWI, we were stoked.

When DoWII came out, I bought it and thought 'oh.... I don't want this'

Any glimmer of hope?

Will they ever make DoWI again?

I mean, this DA thing looks very nice, don't get me wrong.

But Command and Conquer, Age of Empires and such were games I have really enjoyed, so when my brother discovered DoWI, we were stoked.

When DoWII came out, I bought it and thought 'oh.... I don't want this'

Any glimmer of hope?

quite a few online stores still have it in stock

if not then there is always ebay

Archived