age of darknes?

atin

I'm reading this book at the moment, nice stuff.

Zso Sahaal of the Night Lords is a Terran, Iacton Qruze serves Malcador.

Why did I take a look at the spoilers :P I've kinda ruined it for myself.

Why did I take a look at the spoilers :P I've kinda ruined it for myself.

How's that? Only half of what's stated isn't common knowledge.

Hmmm. This might be the first time ive ever had any hope a Astartes from this Legion might remain Loyal....... have i found the next to go on the "8 hooded Astartes" taken before the Emperor?

Why did I take a look at the spoilers :( I've kinda ruined it for myself.

How's that? Only half of what's stated isn't common knowledge.

I like to be surprised ;)

Im a big fan of the Horus Heresy, I even play Sons of Horus.

But are this books only comin on mp3 and not on paper cause that would be rally bad.

I like to raed the books I dont want someone to read it for me.

Does someone know if this is only comin out on mp3 or also on paper?

Im a big fan of the Horus Heresy, I even play Sons of Horus.

But are this books only comin on mp3 and not on paper cause that would be rally bad.

I like to raed the books I dont want someone to read it for me.

Does someone know if this is only comin out on mp3 or also on paper?

Yep, it's coming out as a book aswell, here's the page, it's at the bottom right:

BL Linkie

I'd like to point out that the book coming out in november has what appears to be an emperors children marine I. Mk1 armor, this book could shed a lot of light on the pre crusade stuff, unless someone knows better than me, which you all probably do

• 2 weeks later...
Omg, after what seemed to be three years since advance copies being sold BL Open Day, Age of Darkness AND Blood Reaver were finally on the shelf at the local GW today. My only problem now is which do I read first, and making sure the wife and kids can breathe properly after I bind and gag them so as to prevent interruptions for the next couple of days. :D

So... Bought Age of Darkness last week and finally got about cracking it open. I read Rules of Engagement during commute yestarday, and I must say that for me it's one of the most insultingly bad stories of 40K lore I have ever read. It's a short story, and does the olde twisty bit rather nicely (and does actually make a point about R.Gulliman) but it also manipulates the readers' emotions

with shameless Ultras Rule! masturbation during the mock engagements: Ultras in trouble -> Remus pulls something from the Codex that is not clearly explained to us (cause the Genius of Gulliman that is enough to turn a whole conflict in moments from an utter butchery to a UltraFlawless Victory would probably be too hard to write even semi-believably) just told that "then the Ultras won quickly"

and I don't like that personally. If the effect was what McNeill was looking for, then I must tip my hat on the technical execution of his scheme, but this was not something I enjoy reading one bit.

Hmmm. This might be the first time ive ever had any hope a Astartes from this Legion might remain Loyal....... have i found the next to go on the "8 hooded Astartes" taken before the Emperor?

Umm... you do realise that

Zso Sahaal is the main character in Lord of the Night, in all his Emperor-hating glory, right?

As such, if that's the Astartes you're talking about, it's impossible for him to be one of the hooded astartes.

I've only read Savage Weapons and I thought it was fantastic, the last few paragraphs were rather juicy as well...

Yes, I quite liked it. Made me like the Lion a little bit more.

Zso Sahaal is the main character in Lord of the Night, in all his Emperor-hating glory, right?

As such, if that's the Astartes you're talking about, it's impossible for him to be one of the hooded astartes.

I think he speaks of the other one...

I think he speaks of the other one...

but we already know the other one is loyal...and the other one most def is not...

My copy of Age of Darkness showed up last week and I tore through it in a single sitting, much like I did with Prospero Burns. I have to join in with the others who were grossly underwhelmed by Rules of Engagement. It was Battle for the Abyss bad, and ultimately very, very silly. On the other hand, Iron Within and Savage Weapons were pretty good.

My copy of Age of Darkness showed up last week and I tore through it in a single sitting, much like I did with Prospero Burns. I have to join in with the others who were grossly underwhelmed by Rules of Engagement. It was Battle for the Abyss bad, and ultimately very, very silly. On the other hand, Iron Within and Savage Weapons were pretty good.

having read the the battle which snatched victory from defeat, i can understand the Ultras tactics, what makes me laugh is that his own officers can't see what even a trooper of a few years experience could not see. I'd suggest that the writers speak to seasoned veterans whom know tactics, or they read Six Section Battle Drills, to get an idea how command small bodies of troops, to become larger bodies and how over whelming force works with skilled marksmanship.

Archived