My 2011 Space Wolf Project

littlbitz

What bits did you use for the wulfen model? The torso and arms? Really has the presence of a troll slayer about him, very cool.

I think for tats you do a full norse pattern over half his body, right torso, right arm and right face

What bits did you use for the wulfen model? The torso and arms? Really has the presence of a troll slayer about him, very cool.

I think for tats you do a full norse pattern over half his body, right torso, right arm and right face

Seconded!

Seconded!

I carry that.....do it :D

• 2 weeks later...
Just a quick update to prove that I haven't stopped working on this new project.

There are more pictures on my blog (link in my sig below)

gallery_743_1948_1057587.jpg

Very nice!

Excellant work. Was wondering about the bare chested one but now that I see it is a MOTW model I understand completely.

From my own standpoint I would only use the Scibor models for my Wolflords for the very reason you mentioned. Those models look great but really are difficult and a little intimidating from a painters standpoint.

• 1 month later...

It has been awhile I know.

Rest assured that I am still working on my 2011 Space Wolf project, and have been updating my Blog (link in my sig) even if I haven't been updating here as I should.

Here is a quick picture of my WIP for the Old Wolf himself.

gallery_743_1948_958621.jpg

I really took my time with the sculpting of the hair and beard, and feel that while not perfect my skills are improving.

By the time you all read this, his base coat will be done and highlights started.

I will get some more pictures up soon.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I am aware that the axe was reforged, but I was going to take a little "artistic license" and leave it "Chaosy" simply because I think it looks cool.

• 1 month later...

I know its been awhile, but I do have a couple of pictures to show.

First we have a shot of Logan Grimnar,

gallery_743_1948_264465.jpg

Next up we have a shot of my new Wolf Priest

gallery_743_1948_653649.jpg

While not officially part of my 2011 project, I painted him specifically for the Nova Open which is coming up fast.

There are some other views, and pictures on my blog in the link in my sig.

The fancy wolf heads on the biker's axe?

Did you do that or it comes on the weapon already?

That's from the Logan Grimnar model. It comes with the heads.

Looks amazing btw. I love the sweeping pose. I've been working on Swiftclaws w/ a joined WP all week and now I feel like I have to start over.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update before I head out to the Nova Open on Friday morning.

gallery_743_1948_730927.jpg

First up we have my WIP Long Fangs, hopefully they will be done soon so I can try them out with Logan Grimnar.

Next up we have my Wolf Scouts

gallery_743_1948_1041525.jpg

I really like the conversions, but can't help but feel that the paint job looks a little rushed in my effort to get them done this weekend.

Well that's it for now, I am charging up my camera, so hopefully I will have some good coverage for you all after I return from the Tournament.

Archived