Campaign: Liber Astartes

Cpt_Reaper

well for one person to do it is abit much, thats close to 30 marines? I ment it in the same sense as creating artwork for the project. Maybe we can divide up the work load?

It would be seriously cool if we got some quality pics and the someone could impose the marines into a warzone pic. Kinda like what FW/GW does.

Ah. That poses problems for me, since I don't actually have any of the paints or spare bitz to make a Red Lord. Or a Rift Lord, for that matter.

Quite aside from the fact it'd look like utter garbage if left to me.

^^This. Ace and I are in the same boat.

well for one person to do it is abit much, thats close to 30 marines? I ment it in the same sense as creating artwork for the project. Maybe we can divide up the work load?

It would be seriously cool if we got some quality pics and the someone could impose the marines into a warzone pic. Kinda like what FW/GW does.

That was in response to Ace's lack of a model. There's no way I'm buying and making thirty marines.

Yeah there's no way I can do this either.

This might seem odd but I don't really collect, (not for years anyway), I just like background. So I have no paints or anything. Even if I did I don't have the skills or photography capability to make it work. I kinda thought this project wouldn't really involve miniatures, it would be entirely about the story. :S

If people want to paint up their own though, go for it obviously. For mine though the B&C painter will have to do the trick,

Cheers.

Yeah there's no way I can do this either.

This might seem odd but I don't really collect, (not for years anyway), I just like background. So I have no paints or anything. Even if I did I don't have the skills or photography capability to make it work. I kinda thought this project wouldn't really involve miniatures, it would be entirely about the story. :S

If people want to paint up their own though, go for it obviously. For mine though the B&C painter will have to do the trick,

Cheers.

Neither have I, the last thing I painted was about 10 years ago. :) But I was thinking of coming back to painting, this is a good as reason as any :) Might have to get a few paints some bits :P

Well I had thought it would be a combination of story, drawn pictures, painted models, and rules.

I have plenty of Sanguinary Crusaders that I have painted, so I am good there. I also have some rules for some of my characters that I have already made (and they are not over powered :D). The only problem I have with them are point costs (I have not calculated them...).

Well, I don't really want to put anyone through the hassle of painting up either of my Chapters.

They're a bit too colourful for most people's tastes, for one thing. :D

Just so long as it's not compulsory for me to paint up a loyalist and a traitor, I'm happy. ;)

EDIT: Actually, what I mean to say is that so long as everyone having the painted models isn't compulsory, and just a bonus, then cool.

I'm having mine painted at the moment ... will that do?

EDIT:

Has anyone done a color scheme/emblem for the Black Swans yet? I was thinking of doing a poster for both my sections (maybe all if everyone is nice) like Forgeworld does, including all the Chapters involved.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/ecritter/Space%20Marines/swan.png

or

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/ecritter/Space%20Marines/babayasin_swan.png

on

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/ecritter/Space%20Marines/blackswan.png

??

Well, surely some of us will be able to paint and photograph our own minis? We just need to work out who's left over and get volunteers to make minis of those Chapters.

I can do my own minis, that said.

That looks pretty good, Ecritter, though I'd like it if the scheme were a little more distinct from the Black Templars. I'd recommend the second symbol - the first looks a bit like a goose.

Well i wasnt suggesting that no one here can paint, i was looking for a way in which I could contribute other than the odd bit of fluff.

The black Swan scheme looks good but abit templar-ish. perhaps give them a bone coloured backpack and/or lower legs?

The second emblem looks best imo.

I could do that and paint a few marines too. They wouldn't be amazing but I'll have a good bash at it.

I found THIS stylized black swan which seems much more aggressive and Space Marine like. I would also add more color. Stay away from straight monochrome marines because they are so overdone. Just my two cents...

I found THIS stylized black swan which seems much more aggressive and Space Marine like. I would also add mroe color. Stay away from straight monochrome marines because they are so overdone. Just my two cents...

I do like that, plus the red background adds emphasis to it <_<

Ferrata, thanks!

And on the topic of painted models, I have an army of Griffons, and I will do some artwork too.

Ill try a couple of my old marines as some others schemes, ones I fight alongside definately.

I found THIS stylized black swan which seems much more aggressive and Space Marine like. I would also add mroe color. Stay away from straight monochrome marines because they are so overdone. Just my two cents...

I do like that, plus the red background adds emphasis to it :P

I saw that one too, but all I could find had writing on it. I'll separate out the swan, and redo the marine with some more red and see how that works.

Just so you know, and I'm sure you know who you are, I really did try to stay away from Red/Black ... I was thinking Blue/Black or Bone/Black would be better.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/ecritter/Space%20Marines/swan-1.png

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/ecritter/Space%20Marines/blackswan-1.png

Just so you know, and I'm sure you know who you are, I really did try to stay away from Red/Black ... I was thinking Blue/Black or Bone/Black would be better.

That badge is awesome.

I also totally agree that bone, rather than red, would look very badass.

spacemarine.jpg

Like that, but with the Chest eagle coloured in. :ermm:

Archived