The Labyrinth

I think it has more root in the Sons feral background. I hardly imagine they are the only ones that eat flesh but I think they now take it to a whole other level.

Well basically Malice/Malal is a renegade "god". He is known for finding worshipers in the weak/those who have been wronged and wish to gain the power to retaliate. He more or less uses his followers to give him energy, while he grants them power to go out and kill the main four gods followers and reap their revenge while their at it. Eventually its said Malice/Malal uses up his followers and moves on to others as they die off. So hes basically a daemon d-bag haha. He'll help you as long as you kill the other gods followers then when your all used up he moves on. He was banished from his seat of power for some unkown reason by the other gods as well.

what, eating people? :geek:

Sorry I was a few minutes behind haha

interesting stuff! so basically if a chapter are declared excommunicate traitorus by a overzealous inquisitor, they could turn to malal to give them the strength to avenge themselves? is that how malal "rolls" ^_^

Exactly :geek:

but really malal just uses them up and abandons them? :geek:

Perhaps, he is a parasite.

@Mr. Malevolent: I may shoot you some of my fluff. I had an idea that my recon forces(power armored sons) would don cloaks made of a beast that could hide any heat produced by their armor.

Cool ideas man, I like the Albino Bear thingy :D

On their homeworld of Scelus the Sons would take their affected Initiate to a remote area far in the humid south, the dark rain-forests or whenua papatipu, the sacred land, Uriuri.

The only problem I have is this, Scelus is known to be a barren, lifeless and black planet with jagged, spikey rocks covering its surface. I dunno how much of a rainforest would exist.. but no doubt, some sort of forest thingy could work. But I'd think it'd rather be a dark pineforest or something?

...Captain Aaata, amongst the duties required of him and his Company to Brother-Anarch Kathal and their deity Malice, reserves an enormous section of the hulk in which warp beast similar to the Twilight Bears of Scelus are hunted as the days of old, each victor offering praise to Malice and earning his advancement to full Initiate. From there each newly formed Initiate being assigned to either "Hunter": Tactical, "Obliterator": Devastator (not to be confused with the the daemon-machine cult mercenaries), and or "Cell Operative": Veteran Scout.

I.. didn't really understand this? :P What "hulk" are you talking about? And do you mean that to become an Initiate in 5th Company you have to slay a warp beast similar in size and ferocity to a Twilight Bear? Cuz that kinda takes the epicness of having to defeat a real one to join the berserkers out of it.. like if everyone has to do it anyway. And how can a newly inducted Initiate be assigned to be a Veteran Scout?

And chaplain belisarius the extent to which Malal just "uses them up" can be argued. Sure it can be interpreted like that, especially since the follower's strength eventually wanes and his hair turns white, but this could just be a side-effect of having such a close relationship between patron and apostle, considering the patron is a Chaos God; there's no way sharing a strong bond directly with an immensely powerful Warp entity can be all roses and puppydogs. I'd like to keep this pretty ambiguous if nobody objects?

@Mr. Malevolent: I may shoot you some of my fluff. I had an idea that my recon forces(power armored sons) would don cloaks made of a beast that could hide any heat produced by their armor.

Hey don't keep me outta the loop! :D but perhaps some scaley lizard cloak thing (to do an awesome Alpha Legion conversion with the Dark Elf cloaks?)

Cool ideas man, I like the Albino Bear thingy :D

On their homeworld of Scelus the Sons would take their affected Initiate to a remote area far in the humid south, the dark rain-forests or whenua papatipu, the sacred land, Uriuri.

The only problem I have is this, Scelus is known to be a barren, lifeless and black planet with jagged, spikey rocks covering its surface. I dunno how much of a rainforest would exist.. but no doubt, some sort of forest thingy could work. But I'd think it'd rather be a dark pineforest or something?

...Captain Aaata, amongst the duties required of him and his Company to Brother-Anarch Kathal and their deity Malice, reserves an enormous section of the hulk in which warp beast similar to the Twilight Bears of Scelus are hunted as the days of old, each victor offering praise to Malice and earning his advancement to full Initiate. From there each newly formed Initiate being assigned to either "Hunter": Tactical, "Obliterator": Devastator (not to be confused with the the daemon-machine cult mercenaries), and or "Cell Operative": Veteran Scout.

I.. didn't really understand this? :P What "hulk" are you talking about? And do you mean that to become an Initiate in 5th Company you have to slay a warp beast similar in size and ferocity to a Twilight Bear? Cuz that kinda takes the epicness of having to defeat a real one to join the berserkers out of it.. like if everyone has to do it anyway. And how can a newly inducted Initiate be assigned to be a Veteran Scout?

Some good questions there! Now first, I had no idea Scelus was actually that barren. Now I know and will adjust accordingly :P Ok now second concerning the hulk. Wasnt the Labyrinth a space hulk? Maybe I misunderstood :( but that was what I was trying to say. Let me know if the flow sort of wanes in and out as I think I said something about the Labyrinth the sentence before BUT I might have accidentally edited it out earlier without knowing. Third, Yes to become an Initiate in 5th you must slay a beast similar to the Twilight Bear in the bowls of the Labyrinth (I see this thing being enormous so there could be entire city size areas no ones discovered yet but Aata or his former Captain has found for recruitment purposes), I like to base this off the idea that;

1) Since they were excommunicated the Sons would have had absolutely no time to grab samples of indigenous life such as Twilight Bears and the other wolf/kamodo dragon creatures, I'm brainstorming for the Wyrd-kin(librarians/sorcerors) and Cell Operatives to use, so they wouldn't be able to clone them or breed them and set them loose on the Labyrinth. 2) I follow the idea that daemons and more so warp beasts, manifest dependent on what human beings give off through psychic means whether they know they are or not, its like the Sons are all collectively on this space hulk and each one gives off these memories and old nightmares without knowing, the collective, lets call it ECTOPLASM, flowing through the old Labyrinth alters to this psychic wash, producing semi-daemonic warp creatures in the Chaotic vision of what the dreams and nightmares of the Sons perceive as Twilight Bears and such. So basically without knowing it through the fickle strange power of the warp, the Sons now have these weird warp-bears running loose that act and look eerily close to their Scelus ones and Aaata takes advantage of it and throws the recruits through the ringer to advance. I tried to tie in the fact that the Labyrinth is teeming with warp beasts because I read that there are an abundance of them on there. So of course this happens only every what, 100 years or so? So he can have an abundance of blood thirsty juves stinking up the battle-cruiser or if the recruiting has been bad or most of the young bloods died, the Company consists of the "veteran" Hunters and Oblit's and Cell Ops with a few replacements. Oh and I just goofed in there about the Cell Ops, I didn't explain the tie in with Alpha Legion and making "wolf scout" level Veteran Scouts but I'll leave that for another time. I hope that wasn't too complicated :P

Hey don't keep me outta the loop! :D but perhaps some scaley lizard cloak thing (to do an awesome Alpha Legion conversion with the Dark Elf cloaks?)

I will definitely share here on the Labyrinth. It's about my warbands raid on an Inquisiton/SoB shrine world. The Sons, using all the skills they learned on Scelus, used wolf like cloaks (a jab since I use the sw for my main army) to mask their presence from thier prey. Basically, it kept body heat in for the beast on the barren world.

I have to rewrite it but it will be posted.

I just want you guys to know that I've begun re-re-converting my Loganwing to Sons of Malice, Specifically the Orius I mentioned in my fluff. And it's all of your faults...I'm even looking at some Fantasy Dire Wolves to use as hunting packs of cyber-mastiffs. I'll get a new WIP thread up when the first guy's done. -sigh- And just when I'd re-entered the emperor's light....

Ona side note, for the forest, why not a petrified forest?

I just want you guys to know that I've begun re-re-converting my Loganwing to Sons of Malice, Specifically the Orius I mentioned in my fluff. And it's all of your faults...I'm even looking at some Fantasy Dire Wolves to use as hunting packs of cyber-mastiffs. I'll get a new WIP thread up when the first guy's done. -sigh- And just when I'd re-entered the emperor's light....

Ona side note, for the forest, why not a petrified forest?

YES! YES! AND DOUBLE YES! Welcome to the path of Malice heathens, we've been waiting :)

On the forest, yeah I think petrified if anything could work.

I added the 5th company to the fighting forces ;) soon, ther just may be another addition.

I want to see some more progress. I tried making a True scale in the same way but yours are coming out x10 better than mine. I also need to get off my bum and paint some stuff and make some new fluff. I go my LR started on it's base coats and I want to get to work on my wolves. All the while as I wait for scenery bitz.

Archived