Bitz Box and/or Bits & Kits

Hey I wanna buy some bits from these websites (Bitz Box and Bits & Kits) and I was wondering: are they legit? Has anyone had experience with these two websites, or either one of them? Do they deliver etc etc..

I would appreciated a hasty reply ;) thank you in advance gents!

I've personally ordered from both, with no preferential treatment of one over the other - either they have the bitz or they don't (especially true for forgeworld bitz). I believe international shipping for Bitz Box is something like £2.50 worldwide (£1.50 within the UK). I don't know about Bitz and Kitz. Anyway, I've had no problem with them but that's probably partially because I'm a UK resident. Irregardless: No issues as of yet. It isn't often I order from bitz sites (in fact it's pretty seldom) but, like I said before, forgeworld bitz get snapped up quick. But I would say they (the FW bitz) can be cheaper than say, ebay.

Am currently also comparing between the two. Price differences don't bother me much, but product availability does (since I'd prefer to make a single order). Has anyone had experience with their stock replenishment time? Or am I better off using both at once?

You can setup email alerts on Bitzbox for certain parts, which I haven't seen on Bitsandkits. However the restock time on both doesn't seem to be regular. It's more a case of checking the sites daily and a lot of luck.

I've used Bitzbox several times and not had any problem with them. Stock levels are a bit of an issue for all bitz sites as clearly the popular items sell out very quickly.

Sorry to run contra but Ive also used both several times and they have both been awesome until the last time.

BitsnKits got my order partially wrong and when I contacted them there was no reply for two weeks. Only then did I initiate paypal resolution proceeding which resulted in a small refund with no apology or communication directly.

In as much I would only recomment www.bitsbox.co.uk as they have given me no problems whatsoever!

Sorry to run contra but Ive also used both several times and they have both been awesome until the last time.

BitsnKits got my order partially wrong and when I contacted them there was no reply for two weeks. Only then did I initiate paypal resolution proceeding which resulted in a small refund with no apology or communication directly.

In as much I would only recomment www.bitsbox.co.uk as they have given me no problems whatsoever!

I would have to agree here - had several bad dealings with bitz&kits to the extent where 50% of my order was missing and the rest was partially wrong. Thier severe lack of customer service let them down as well - I could not get hold of them in order to sort out the problems with my order and also had to open a paypal dispute. I swore after that never to use them again.

My recommendation would be for bitzbox or http://www.wargamersworld.co.uk/

Wargamersworld has a lot of older and OOP bitz (great for Heresy fans) although they are currently in the process of amalgamating with another company (hopefully not bitz&kits!)

I swear by Model Bits UK - never had any issue with them and communication is great. They tend to restock at least once per month, even those bits everbody seeks for - meltas, combimeltas, missile launchers etc.

I swear by Model Bits UK - never had any issue with them and communication is great. They tend to restock at least once per month, even those bits everbody seeks for - meltas, combimeltas, missile launchers etc.

Yep - used them too on occasion. Pretty good service too.

I've used bitsbox without any problems apart from stock levels and stock replenishment times being really bad on a load of bits. Though they are the ones everyone seems to want so its not too surprising.

I've got most of my bits recently from BMF-bits on ebay. The orders were quickly despatched (most arriving within 48 hours) and not too badly priced, plus they seem to always have a load of the popular stuff in stock.

Well, I've used bits&kits on and off for about a year, and they seem quite reliable.

The only time they got my order wrong was when they sent two of a hat I wanted rather than one (without charging me for it), so I magnanimously decided not to criticise them for it. ;)

+1 for letthedicedecide.co.uk. I've used them and had good service.

An interesting note, I'm after a few pieces so have been watching the different sites. I noticed that even after a restock, popular parts will sell out within an a hour of the stock being added.

If you're after a part that is common in conversions, from a FW figure or a part that is hard to find in other box sets, etc. the the chances of getting it when you need it are pretty non existent. For more general parts and if you're in no hurry, you can stand a good chance of getting what you're after especially if you check the sites often and sign up for the email notifications.

My opinion: There is no 1 best site to use, it's more a case of using which ever has the part you need when you need it.

• 4 weeks later...

See whilst these topics are good for the community they are also really bad personally because I can never get the bits I need ;)

I will use either noted in the OP. I have used both, each time they have been decent. Sure there have been mistakes but they are easily fixed.

From a selfish point of view - stay the hell away from my bits ;) From a logical point of view buy from these dudes to keep them in business so that I actually have somewhere to go for bits.

Well you've already ordered your part, but the discussion has continued for a bit, the owner of bitzbox is actually a B&C user, and has a pretty good reputation.

And here I am! You'll always find me putting in a good word for the other bits sites too as I've used pretty much all of them myself too.

The stock thing is annoying. I try to update as much as possible but it takes ages to cut them all off the sprue and with such a diverse range it's hard to keep it all updated and the popular bits sell out within minutes!

One feature I am adding on Bitzbox at the end of the week is a Premium service. This is where customers can pay a small yearly fee (or try it out for a few months) but have the ability to reserve a small number of bits each month so you can make sure you get that part you are desperate for!

Wargamersworld has a lot of older and OOP bitz (great for Heresy fans) although they are currently in the process of amalgamating with another company (hopefully not bitz&kits!)

Wargamers World is now in the hands of Bitzbox also but the only bits it will contain are the OOP ones, the rest of the site will stock resin bases and conversion parts from companies such as Maxmini, Scibor etc.

If I was to recommend a bits site then obviously I'd say Bitzbox but Let The Dice Decide are also really good. Ourselves and them certainly restock the most. Hope this helps!

Archived