WIP Imperial Fists Army

This is such a fascinating blog. Good job, man. Can't wait to see some yellow going on them.

I would say though that the plastic helmet on this new Terminator conversion is just far too big for the rest of the model. It seems very out of balance, but nothing that I'm sure a bit of your masterful rejigging couldn't fix...

Keep up the great work, bud.

Q

Thanks! Glad you like the blog and I appreciate the encouragement. :(

You might be right about the plastic termie head being too big. How about this instead?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Kageboshi/TermiCaptWIP3d.jpghttp://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Kageboshi/TermiCaptWIP3e.jpg

It seems more in scale with the body, plus it looks cool and sets him apart from the lowly, regular veterans in tactical dreadnought armor, yah?

That does look a lot better. Keep up the work on that guy.

And In my opinion, your Chapter Master should be carrying something cooler than an auspex. He can talk to the captains about where they need to go...or better yet, its all in his armor already. I'm thinking some sort of master crafted weapon, like a storm bolter or combi. Also, seeing you model some digital weapons for him would be pretty neat as well.

Looks smashing. :P

Well done Brother :P I have been following this topic since you've started..my congratulations on the Chapter Master, the failcast Torquemada is perfect :)

I agree with Shortsonfire79, the auspex isn't suitable :(

Give him a FIST ;)

@Termie Cap.. I like it, I love the old school model, but IMHO you should give him a BA head, like th Librarian :P

As it stands I'm not sure about CM's left atm, I think the auspex would work if you maybe reposed the arm at the elbow so the arm was raised to get his hand inline with his shoulder and then turned his head to be looking at it, it may not be the stoic pose you were after but it will work well with the directional flow of the cape and should convey the feeling of him checking the flow of his forces.

Then again just tilting the head to the left could also balance out the pose so I'd suggest playing around with him a bit more, but other than that he's looking fantastic.

The helmet might look too big because the new plastic ones have longer snouts than the old metal models. They are also missing the airslits at the side. So if you shorten the snout a bit it should not only fit better in size but also look like an old school 'bulldog' termie.

Great work on the conversions. :)

That does look a lot better. Keep up the work on that guy.

And In my opinion, your Chapter Master should be carrying something cooler than an auspex. He can talk to the captains about where they need to go...or better yet, its all in his armor already. I'm thinking some sort of master crafted weapon, like a storm bolter or combi. Also, seeing you model some digital weapons for him would be pretty neat as well.

Looks smashing.

Yeah, the auspex/data slate idea was one that worked in my head, but I'm starting to think it's not looking so hot on the figure itself. As for other weapons, maybe a storm bolter since he can't get the bonus extra attack with a relic blade anyway.

Well done Brother :) I have been following this topic since you've started..my congratulations on the Chapter Master, the failcast Torquemada is perfect :)

I agree with Shortsonfire79, the auspex isn't suitable :(

Give him a FIST

@Termie Cap.. I like it, I love the old school model, but IMHO you should give him a BA head, like th Librarian ^_^

I considered a powerfist for a while, but in the end I decided to go with the relic blade because I didn't want to waste his Initiative of 5. He will have an honor guard, and do not doubt that one of them will have a powerfist. ;)

And I'm pretty adamant about no bare heads with Terminator armor. With power armor, it's bad enough, but it just seems really foolish to me to be in the best armor the Imperium of Man can fabricate, and leave your head bare.

As it stands I'm not sure about CM's left atm, I think the auspex would work if you maybe reposed the arm at the elbow so the arm was raised to get his hand inline with his shoulder and then turned his head to be looking at it, it may not be the stoic pose you were after but it will work well with the directional flow of the cape and should convey the feeling of him checking the flow of his forces.

Then again just tilting the head to the left could also balance out the pose so I'd suggest playing around with him a bit more, but other than that he's looking fantastic.

I did try something like that, but it would take a lot of work and I've already invested a LOT of time into this conversion, but I appreciate the idea and feedback!

So far so good nice work they look good.

Thanks! :D

I think I'm gunna throw in a vote for a Powerfist too, but in keeping with his commanding pose, maybe model his fist on his hip?

Either way, he looks super sweet, cheers,

Jono

The hand-on-hip is also an idea I had, but it would require me cutting away the rest of the right arm and even then, the shoulderpad is not at the right angle for it. As above... too much work into a figure I've already put a lot of time into. I need to get him finished and move on with the rest of the army.

The helmet might look too big because the new plastic ones have longer snouts than the old metal models. They are also missing the airslits at the side. So if you shorten the snout a bit it should not only fit better in size but also look like an old school 'bulldog' termie.

Great work on the conversions. :)

You know, I had always thought there was something 'off' with the new plastic Termie helms, and I never realized it until you pointed it out - the slits on the sides.

But now that I have the GK head on there, it's grown on me quite a bit, and I think I'll be keeping it. Thanks for the feedback, though! :)

Well, I knocked out a quick storm bolter idea after work. Sad to see my other idea not work out, and as much as I hate to admit it, I think it looks pretty good on him:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Kageboshi/Coteaz_WIP-17a.jpg

And the other side of the bolter:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Kageboshi/Coteaz_WIP-17b.jpg

Quite a little kitbash, but I just happened to have that chaos bolter laying near my work area, and thought the belt feed would go well with one of the boxes from several of my miscast Sternguard bolters. Plus, I've always wanted to see an over-under storm bolter, rather than the usual side-by-side. I would fancy it up for him some more, of course.

Good, bad, ugly?

Obviously needs a little tidying up around the feed line, from the pics, but I'm digging it. The over/under feed looks cool, and my favourites are the box-feed bolters. I just think they look more impressive than the sickle magazines.

Got my vote.

Yeah, it will get more work - this is basically a rough sketch held together tenuously with tiny drops of super glue. I plan on beefing up the feed port on the underside, and then something up top to fancy it up a bit. Maybe a larger housing like the bolter the Games Day 99 Captain came with, which you can see here: http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/G...rineCaptain.htm

Looks good man. Kind of even as if he's going for the curved bullet trajectory. :tu:

Haha. But looks great nonetheless. Nice work with the vertical barrels.

Thanks! Hopefully I can get him finished up soon and move on to the libby and the termie captain, and then on to the rest of the army.

And the other side of the bolter:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Kageboshi/Coteaz_WIP-17b.jpg

Quite a little kitbash

I love this bolter- strange I never thought about this before, seeing as I was thinking of building over-under shotguns for Inquisitor. Please consider Your idea stolen ;)

The right side of his face is gone, as though he had taken a melta shot to the face, but kept on tickin'!

Can't shake the image... must resist... the urge... THE URGE... to replicate it in green stuff :)

You Sir, are an inspiration, I really think Your work is great.

I really like the chapter master, and the stormbolter looks good. I am also using Cortez as a base for my Imperial Fist captain, so I guess i have your stolen your idea, although it was unintentional. Hopefully mine will look different enough, and also it will not be true scale.

Chapter Master is looking really good mate. Liking the Storm Bolter. For the Termi I would keep the GK head but maybe trim the back a little so it sits a bit better in your collar area.

I'll give that a try, thanks. :)

I love this bolter- strange I never thought about this before, seeing as I was thinking of building over-under shotguns for Inquisitor. Please consider Your idea stolen ;)

The right side of his face is gone, as though he had taken a melta shot to the face, but kept on tickin'!

Can't shake the image... must resist... the urge... THE URGE... to replicate it in green stuff :D

You Sir, are an inspiration, I really think Your work is great.

Happy to help and glad to be an inspiration!

I always thought storm bolters on power armored marines looked kinda ridiculous, so I thought this would be a good replacement. And if you do a melta wounded marine, lemme know!

I really like the chapter master, and the stormbolter looks good. I am also using Cortez as a base for my Imperial Fist captain, so I guess i have stolen your idea, although it was unintentional. Hopefully mine will look different enough, and also it will not be true scale.

Good luck with your conversion, Fursty, and drop me a line when you get some work done on it - I'd like to see it.

Also, I wasn't going for true scale as I think the regular marines look fine, but I just wanted this guy to be a bit taller. ;)

Yeah, I can't wait to see him painted myself, lol.

But unless you're really ambitious(or crazy) with chopping up a figure, I probably wouldn't worry too much about copying. Now that I think about it, this might be one of my most involved conversions.

I put a lot of thought into, and I didn't really like any of the possibilities, all of which had me excavating a large part of the fur trim on the back, so I'm not going to add one.

It could be under the trim, right? Besides, Coteaz had power armor with no visible power source, so why can't the CM of the IF Chapter? ;)

Actually I think the power unit/backpack is supposed to be under the fur trimmings, you could bulk the fur lining out a little to show it's in there somewhere.

I have to say, you've got some awesome stuff here, can we get some more photos of that chaplain you started making earlier in the thread?

Actually I think the power unit/backpack is supposed to be under the fur trimmings, you could bulk the fur lining out a little to show it's in there somewhere.

I have to say, you've got some awesome stuff here, can we get some more photos of that chaplain you started making earlier in the thread?

Thanks!

Actually, I stripped the chaplain down and am working on making some changes, as I wasn't real happy with some of the posing, so he should be making a return soon! ^_^

I haven't much time for the hobby table lately, but I did manage to sneak in a little work on the CM tonight. That bare right shoulder has been bothering me since the beginning of the conversion, and honestly, I couldn't figure out what to put on it, since we were only seeing about half of it.

I searched and searched for something to make a press mold of, but because of its unusual size and shape, I couldn't find anything that would fit. That meant one thing: I'd have to sculpt it. /sigh

So...

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Kageboshi/Coteaz_WIP-18.jpg

Whatcha think of my first attempt with sculpting those famous imperial wing decorations?

Archived