WIP Imperial Fists Army

200th post...

Just to say I might not be posting to this for a while.

Despite owning several armies, I have never actually built any of the other ones enough to play something, and all I have ever played is marines. Currently, I find my attention securely in the grip of a foul xenos army(no, not Necrons), and I will be focusing on them. Sadly, I won't be able to share any of my progress with you guys and gals on this board.

• 3 months later...

I mentioned in the LPC thread that I lost my job today, so I doubt I will time to finish up my vow.

I'm also sorry to report that while trying to work on my vow in the last couple of weeks, I have come to terms with the fact that I have been defeated yet again by yellow paint.

While the basecoats when on just fine with an airbrush, I was never happy with any of the three shading colors I tried, and while trying to clean up spots that the airbrush missed, I was once again faced with the maddening translucency of yellow paint.

So, two nights ago, everything went into the tub of Simple Green. I had planned on possibly going back to my original Crimson Fists scheme, but whatever I decide to do next with the marines will have to wait until I have secured employment of some kind.

I'm sorry for you and I wish you well in finding a new job

Your yellow was perfect IMO and tbh getting a good coat of yellow would be a major achievement in my books!

Crimson Fists are anorexic relaxing to paint than Imperials so it seems a good choice. Anyway good luck again,

Vulkan

Archived