The Aphotican Oath - A Word Bearer Warband (Update: Aug 24)

A D-B

Excuse me while I weep a while at not being able to take part in this...

A D-B that is a superb start off for the campaign! The lucky people who'll be participating in this won't be disappointed I am certain! Looking forward to seeing your modelling and painting skills over the future too. :)

Cambrius

• 3 weeks later...

I shall breathe new life in to this, because it intrigues me.

I dont know how much you've done behind the scenes or how far this has now gone - that magical day is edging closer it appears, congrats by the way - but here's an idea if you haven't already considered it.

Have you considered the effect that warbands from different Chaos Gods might have on eachother? For example each may have differing goals for the actual campaign, so that you could end up seeing them fight eachother - in an appropriate way - as much as they do the Imperial forces?

Even perhaps something as insidious as some kind of "secret orders" whereby during a game - if you intend to get "team" games in - one warband is required to wipe out a certain character from the Chaos "side" and cannot win, no matter the victory conditions, unless they do so? It's underhand and sneaky, and imagine the expression on a commanders face as their ally turns on them. Delicious!

As has been said, great background to the campaign and bravo for tactfully ignoring M2C's "Blood Ravens Omnibus" comment :P

• 3 months later...

Echoing Captain Juan's remarks -- and re-reading the introduction of each faction aboard the hulk -- I'd be surprised if there wasn't skulduggery and scheming at every turn!

Having just finished reading Blood Gorgons, I can see my own warband's fluff needs a major overhaul to fit in some ambition, jealousy, and spite all of its own...

Archived