Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

10-12k is truly an impressive force, Stobz, especially because of the painting standards and the amount of painted models.

How much does Elmo have, if he has more than you? :huh.:

12k with wargear (9-10k excluding wargear) is where I'd like to be in the first half of next year. That's 7 or 8 detachements with FW goodies to make it battleforged, and "only" two knights (no proper titans). Nowhere near enough painted however, so I have a long way to go before it's actually worthy of photography.

How much does Elmo have, if he has more than you? :huh.:

Too much... much too much

The total points value (WYSIWYG): 10600 pts (+or- a hundred or so) as at June 2014 but more have been added since - must be time for new photos :smile.:

It is easier to check through my thread (needs updating)- link here - and this WIP thread than for me to hijack Bobz's thread...

I have more but his are prettier :tongue.:

Edited by elmo

I have more but his are prettier :tongue.:

Well its took him 2 years to paint 5 bikes

.. :wink:

Not to mention the Thunderbudgie ;)

• 7 months later...

I'm ready ;)

I thought I'd better wake this sleeping beauty up now 8th is here properly. That and I've finished up with Uni for at least a year or so and can paint again.

I have finished up my (now called) Ravenwing Ancient and his banner, here he is with his Comd Sqn, bases to follow now they are all finally done. :sweat:

35679136001_222a091326_h.jpg

Log Log Log. 2017 onwards

:D

Stobz

This is how we roll in local tournaments (except the terrain on every other table was cooler  ;) ):

35543633440_c4d5916e2e_b.jpg

He stole first turn with a rerolled seize dice and came charging up, wiped the 1200pts of RW by T2.

Then is was a chess game of where will the THk be and how can he get in range. I killed two Knights and heavily maimed another which ultimately gave us one Obj each and he was too slow to get to a second with the maimed Archeron.

Every turn was epic!!! but it was a fast game, great to come away with a Draw, it was too much fun for either of us to lose.

Had two other games, vs Sisters with HellHammer I got a Draw but forgot to take picks, again lost all the RW and the THk did some heavy lifting.

And finally vs a fairly standard old-school Waveserpent and Melta dudes pointy ear list. I wiped him turn 5 except a Farseer and a Warlock, (I didn't table him so he could get some tourney points, he was not doing well and it needs to be fun for all if you can).

Two more games tomorrow, same RW with THk...

:biggrin.:

Stobz

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

I only got pics of my own games today, LoWs were prevalent again.

The first game was me vs. Magnus and Three Chaos Knights, two with double Battlecannons and one with the Gatling cannon and CC fist.

I knew it would come down to who got first turn, the tourney rules gave a +1 to the 'go first' dice instead of the generic 8th ed rule of finish deploy first/auto go first.

I had four units, he had four, dicing for sides I won and chose which meant he got to deploy first, got the +1. He rolled a One +1 to go first and I rolled a One, bugger.

He moved Magnus forward, dirty warp magic gave him another move. He went for super Smite, rolled 12 and gave himself 2 Mortals, but as the power went off he got to roll damage on the THawk, rolled another 12, followed that up with another spell doing three more Mortals.

The four Battecannon from two Cursed Knights took another 10 wounds off and the rest of the Knight fire and charges removed all but two speeders.

Magnus charged the THk and took it down to 3 wounds left.

My First turn, I limped away 20" and shot everything at Magnus, did about six wounds. The two speeders scratched some paint on the Knights.

His second turn tabled me.  The only dice roll that mattered was who goes first.

I confirmed this by having another game straight away for fun (we had 2 spare hours).

I went first, killed Magnus and maimed a Knight, he killed three Typhoons and a Tornado speeder.

Second Turn I finished off that Knight and killed another.

He killed one more Tornado.

Third turn I tabled him. He got full points I got none but both games were a type of fun. And it was my only loss of the tournament.

Light is a bit weird but look carefully for Magnus and his three foul friends:

35820436881_3414e8b2f8_b.jpg

Fifth game, went totally my way. Killed the LoW turn one, killed Pask in the Punisher turn two, killed everything else except Celestine by the bottom of turn 5. She was in my deployment zone and feeling good.

Rolled a sixth turn, I killed her and back she came.

Rolled a seventh turn, I killed her again.

End of tournament I officially had two Draws, one Minor Victory, one Major Victory, and one Major Loss. The unofficial Major Victory was just a bonus.

I came 10th out of 24. More than Happy with that, I only went for the lolz and I got heaps of those.

Last game targets lined up for me to slay...

35820438131_81e1de7c18_b.jpg

Good times :laugh.:

Such destruction, you make your brothers proud!Good to finally see that flying brick in action. How well was the shooting on that thing?

I came 10th out of 24. More than Happy with that, I only went for the lolz and I got heaps of those.

cdb4c0659a25abdce3af43520b795199--the-jo

Edited by GreyRavenC

:lol:

Yup, but it turned out balanced and epic too.

The shooting was better against bigger things but the hitting on 2+ was brutal.

It took the big gun, Lascannons and Hellstrike batteries to guarantee a kill on anything like a Rhino or Waveserpent or less than a Landraider, anything bigger also needed the HBs, and the things like Knights and Magnus sometimes needed finishing off from the Typhoons.

I burnt a Command point each turn on the Turbo Laser to ensure at least one shot got through. Only failed that once.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have based up my RW Command Sqn and Interrogator Stobz. Now they are finally finished they shall be known as 'The Magnificent Seven', failing that 'A bunch of dudesmen on bikes'.

36153351246_23240ab8a6_k.jpg

"When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light..."

You shouldn't see too many more pics of these guys, next DA stuff is being planned.....

Thanks for watching my ramblings :biggrin.:

Stobz