Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

Cheers PP. It appears nagging doesn't really help me speed up, but real life adjustment and a little inspiration from looking at others work and a new ruleset has re-lit the fire. May it burn for a while.

I am spending the next little while 8th Ed-ing all my Greenwing Vets and squad Sgts with a variety of weapons and stuff. Then it's re-basing a few characters onto 32mm bases. Then it's the same treatment for RW and DW.

As for new minis; I have a Leviathan Dread in the mail, but I'm having a dilemma whether it should be bone as it is a relic or green because it doesn't have a whole lot of venerable bling on it and my ven dreads are all blinged up and bone coloured as they are in the DW and rightly so.

Thoughts and advice from the DA experts?

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

My Contemptor is white, my DW Vendreads are white, my Lucius Pods are white, Levi has no scrollwork etc. but...

...probably gunna have to do him white ;)

Cheers Frater dudes.

Could always go really oldschool and paint him black :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

A weekend of trimming, sanding and building; now I have a couple of new toys to decide between who goes first to the painting shed:

36661654652_3b188ae714_c.jpg

(I have a feeling that I already know who I want to paint :P )

Stobz

Just because one wears green (or white or black) armor - master, dreadnought, apothecary, or otherwise - doesn't mean one is not in the Inner Circle. :wink:

When I read Punk Possum's above post, the "Awesome to see these finished, Whats next?" bit stood out. My thought was "What's left [to paint]?"

Must be a very small list, but it looks like you are now to the point where you are having a go at the more freakish models, like super dreadnoughts and fliers. Can't go wrong with either one to work on, though I might favor the dreadnought to start. I have always been partial to dreadnoughts though.  I also see something lurking in the background of your pic there, and it looks sort of dreadnought-ish too. :biggrin.:

Edited by shabbadoo

• 2 weeks later...

Stobz, how are you tracking with your hobby mate?

Really crap thanks Stobz, real life is way too full with legal battles over land use of your neighbor, organising and running a strike for the work union to keep the Comrades happy, looking into subdividing up my section so the capitalist in me is satisfied and taking care of my kids and the german exchange student as well. Oh, and the full time job needs attending too :wink:

So one day Stobz will you get to work on your Levi Dread?

One day Stobz, one day.

Did I mention really great?

I'm also taking on the local council to save a big chunk of a local mountain from being quarried away, heeeeeeeps of free time at the moment :lol:

Oh, and taking on some local drug gangs at work, no pressure...

But wait, this is about hobby... I'll get some bling on him this week. Okay?

'He's the Dark Stobz, fighting crime and corrupt politicians during the day. But when the sun goes down, he roams around his hobbyroom and ... slacks. He delivers not the progress we need, but the progress we deserve.'

Threaten to throw the Thunderhawk, they'll listen to you. Shooting them would be more humane.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't look like much, but bling, magnets and glued together takes time.

The Ancient one Lehvist Raus is on the way:

36502626973_7e15240acc_b.jpg

Deathwing so oldschool we didn't even know we had him.

:biggrin.:

stobz

Edited by Interrogator Stobz