Jimmi's Worldeaters WIP

If that dreadnought comes my way... Sanguinius have mercy on my soul... seriously though, that is a really scary dreadnought. It looks about ready to rip the turret straight of my Baals. As long as I never come up against you I'll be alright.

Been debating the base for a while and i cant decide what to do. I dont want anything to block the running pose so i intended to keep him on flat snow. Originally i had a plasma blast coming from the gun so i planned an OSL lighting glow which would have enhanced a plain base. Now i've dropped the glow effect i want to spice it up, i'm just unsure of quite how without ruining the pose.

I can pop the glue off quite easily and remove the dread for re-positioning hence me leaving it untouched up to now. You've got me thinking now.............

Been debating the base for a while and i cant decide what to do. I dont want anything to block the running pose so i intended to keep him on flat snow. Originally i had a plasma blast coming from the gun so i planned an OSL lighting glow which would have enhanced a plain base. Now i've dropped the glow effect i want to spice it up, i'm just unsure of quite how without ruining the pose.

I can pop the glue off quite easily and remove the dread for re-positioning hence me leaving it untouched up to now. You've got me thinking now.............

edit - apologies for that epic triple-post there mod's.....i cant seem to delete them - edit

batu - thanks bud, glad you like it. Not too much to do to it to be honest, its mainly shading metallics and highlights so its subtle changes really. More detailed pictures of the sculpting and iconography are on page 5 onwards i think.

Sorry mate ! totally forgott about the pics ;) . I have been stalking your stuff for a while now, a little embarrassing ;)

Keep up your great work !

Well if you can just pop him off, how about experimenting with him pushing himself forward over whatever he just took to bits. Literally trampling/stampeding over it to get to the next thing?

Just food for thought of course. I know whatever you do with it will be fantastic and can't wait to see it finished.

as always my friend beautiful model the pose the paintjob everything is amazing *smiles* i still can't wait to see YOUR work on a butcher we both agreed for the same reasons why the FW one is ... less then spectacular. either way if you do have it running over a vehicle i would only think personally an Imperial guard one like a Chimera or smething as it looks like he would run 'through' one of those alot easier then a space marine one but hey *shrugs* in the end up to you my friend :D

Hi all, quick update again, i've finished the metallics at last which leaves me a little touching up to do, mainly on the chain fingers and a couple of other bone areas. Need to add a little bit of gore to the fingers too then that just leaves me with the butcher cannon build, and the base to finish!

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, much appreciated once again. I've been pondering on bases and having had time to reflect on peoples suggestions, i like the idea of a Death Korpsman running flat out away from this guy......and not managing it! Ill have to extend the base slightly to accomodate this, as i don't want to obstruct the dreadnought.

The only problem i have now is finding a set of running Death Korps legs. I cant find them on any bits sites and cant really justify £30 odd just to put 9 men of a squad into my bits box :D

Anyone want to do a swap, i have some nice bits!!

Anyway, here are some pictures for your perusal............

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/DSC_0438.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/DSC_0442.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/DSC_0440.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/DSC_0439.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/DSC_0443.jpg

Cheers guys,

Outstanding!

The colours are fantastic and the pose is great!

I really like the use of the chain-bayonets as fingers. Hmm, I have a load of those in my bits box...

I agree, if you can do a Death Korpsman legging it away from the dread it will really finish it off perfectly.

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments.

@ Daemonclaw - thanks man, glad you like it. I have to say i'm a long time follower of your thread and your freehanding patience amazes me. Love your work and im looking forward to seeing that brass scorpion.......i want one!

@The Yak - thanks for the comment.....your making me blush.

@ Rhetoricus and Terminatorinhell - See bottom of this post for a description of my colour recipes. :D

@NightHunters - I'd not thought of the connection with the trophy rack but now you mention it, a Kreigsman will definately "ground" the theme a little more. Cheers mate.

@Fortnight - Thanks, i get a bit OCD and never seeem to be able to stop working on things. I dont think theres ever any harm in going back and tweaking things if you see a new technique. I seem to be forever repainting things.

@Kierdale- The chain bayonets are really cool little bits, You can use them for so many things. I was lucky and bought a job lot of 10 from ebay without having to buy the FW gun set. In all honesty, i "borrowed" the concept from the FW khorne contemptor conversion that they did, and swapped the orientation around to look a bit more functional, so i cant take the credit for the idea. They are a perfect fit for the contemptor though........almost seems intentional!

Red recipe

1) Red Gore basecoat (not sure of the new paint names- sorry)

2) Scab red highlight

3) Blood red highlight

4) Blood red/ rotten flesh (70/30%) fine edge highlight

5) Baal red wash

6) Using a sponge (from a blister pack) lightly apply battle damge using a mix of codex grey/black (80/20%)

7) Highlight the bottom edge of each paint chip using blood red / rotten flesh (70/30%)

8) Slightly watered down Baal red wash to kill the brightness of the highlifghts.

Gold Recipe

1) Shining Gold (could be burnished....whichever is the darkest GW gold colour, i cant remember and i dont have a pot at work!) Basecoat (multiple thin layers) -

2) Light watered down black wash to define any details - i use vallejo black glaze, its sweet!

3) build up the shadows on metallics by building up black glazes in corners and recesses, the matt effect of vallejo black glaze really helps with the effect! Make sure to pick out any rivits etc

4)Use some heavily watered down shining gold (80% water/ 20% paint) to add a hint of metallic pigment back to any areas that have not been glazed.

5) edge highlight using burnished gold. Only highlight the TOP edges of each gold area otherwise it kills the effect of TMM!

6) very fine edge highlight of mithril silver only hitting top edges

7) This is the big secret part........but i'll share. Apply a final coat of Tamiya clear orange. Its the same range as the stuff a lot of people use to create blood ( me included). For some reason, this final orange coat dosen't alter the colours too much, but really knits the glazes and layers together and adds a certain lustre thats hard to describe. Jakob Neilson uses this tamiya method on all his Golden Daemon winning stuff.

Hope that all helps,

cheers guys.

I think my urge to convert and paint ANYTHING just died. All praises to you sir, this is some jaw-droppingly incredible work. You have also cemented my decision to not buy the FW Khorne Greater Daemon because I will not be able to make a winged conversion as awesome as this.

Od.

Hi guys, busy weekend so no photo update today. I spent last night beavering away on the dread and i'm pleased to say he's done barring a little gore. Pictures tomorrow hopefully.

That will just leave the base and butcher cannon, however my funds have diminshed this month so until payday, these 2 things will be on hold. Probably be back on the prince for a week or so doing gold armour.

Odsox - Thanks, i'm glad you like it. My intention wasn't to put any one off the hobby, i say get the FW kit and give it a bash. Just take your time and it'll come together.

Rhetoricus - no worries mate, hope it helps.

Archived