Jimmi's Worldeaters WIP

thanks for comments all,

@Subtle Discord - IK may at some point do some serious greenstuffing to DK trooper to get a real panicked pose going on. Been playing about and i think if i repose the DK guy leaning slightly more forward then it greatly improves the pose. Running is however, futile!

Loving your landraider by the way, perfect as always, you can be really proud of that kit in particular, although your rhino's and pred's are still awesome.

On the decimator front, i recieved my model after a week wait, to find..........

No upper legs and 3 lower legs instead :P

As usual replacements are on the way but i have to say, as good as FW models are, and as helpful as the staff are at rectifying cock ups i'm really not impressed with FW.

So far EVERY SINGLE thing i've ever ordered from them has either had miscasts, or incorrect parts in the kit, resulting in at least a 1 month wait before i can actually build my model whilst i wait for parcels to " to and fro". You would think that with my record of spotting miscasts and demanding replacements would make FW put a marker on my account saying something along the lines of " this guy is pedantic and will spot any errors.....therefore please QC any parts before you ship".

Either way, not happy and if it happens again then FW management will get sick of me.....I work in design and manufacture as a living and something as fundamental as having the right parts in the kit is not that hard to achieve.....especially as it took them 5 days to even pack the kit for dispatch. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cheers guys

Just thought i'd post a couple of pics of my progress so far with the decimator assembly. Until my upper legs arrive i'm at a standstill, i daren't fix any of the pose until i can do a proper dry run. Arms have been magnetised both at the elbow, and where the weapon mount attaches to the bottom of the arm, allowing you to pivot and elevate the weapons to some degree.....aswell as the obvious ability to swap out the weapons. The only problem is i managed to snap one of the weapon mounts. Annoying this occured after the magnets had been attached, and the weapon mounts come with the main decimator rather than with each weapon that can be bought seperately. Luckily i can get around this by making an extra mould when i cast up duplicates of the arm weapons, its just annoying.

Speaking of weapons, the butcher cannon is not what i envisaged and although its impressive size makes up for the lack of barrels, i'm still planning on the following alterations.

1 - Cast up extra barrels to make either 3 or 4 barrels. I'm still debating how many so input would be appreciated.

2 - Mount barrels in a short peice of tube, in much the same style as the kheres pattern contemptor arm.

3 - Extend the box at the opposite end of the gun downwards by a significant amount to create an ammo hopper. I know this gun is supposed to be powered by the warp and all that malarkey but in my opinion, it still needs to fire real ammo.

4 - Using a felixble ammo belt from Zinge industries, link the ammo hopper to a sculpted on slot. Slot will be positioned above the cylindrical underslung thing on the gun, right about where a ridge currently protrudes. Said ridge to be removed. May add ammo belts to both sides of the gun, still undecided.

Hopefully i can adapt a version for the contemptor too, and cast up duplicates for both arms of the decimator.

Soul Burner Petard looks awesome. Rules are not as tempting as twin butcher cannons but in my opinion the physical model is by far the coolest looking of the options. It's so big and knarly looking compared to the butcher cannon, conversion beamer or storm lasers. The storm lasers are tempting marine killing options but the model looks rubbish and a bit too random. Definately converting my own storm lasers eventually.

Not planning to do much conversion wise, as the model has loads of cool icons that i can't bear to file off and sculpt over. My only plans so far are to add some suitable scratch built bunny ears and a couple of dangling corpses.

I saw this a few days ago, so some one has beaten me to it. This guys work is an absolute insipration. One day, i would like to paint as well as this man, he is my painting hero.

Anyway, heres a few pics,

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/20120811_225521.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/20120811_225616.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/20120811_225647.jpg

Cheers,

Ooo... this is going to be great! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these little critters, and this is going to compliment your current collection really well.

I personally like the Conversion Beamer for this kit. It has a mad scientist's death-ray vibe that I like.

Agent 1: Now that's a death-ray. If it was a woman, I'd marry it.

Agent 2: And I'd jeopardize our friendship by trying to bang your hot wife.

~ The Venture Brothers ~

As for the Butcher, I'd go for 3 barrels, I've got something for the number 3. If room permits, taking it over 4 to 5 would be nasty looking. An A-10 cannon strapped to a hell forged death machine? Excellent!

One (small) quibble. The Death Korps don't run. They're dead men walking. The Guardsman would have stood, he'd have died, but he'd have stood.
Nah, the soldier is not running from the dreadnought. He is just moseying over to the CP to relay a message/get more ammo ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Jimmi your stuff is great! But I have to ask jimmi with a worldeaters army, is that a play on the band jimmy eat world?

You know, I've wondered the same thing!

Anyway, loving your WE. Just enough gore for my tastes ;)

Hi guys and girls.

Quick little photo update of an almost assembled decimator. Nice poseability but the legs were a bit of a pain to glue together without pinning. I still need to cast up secondary soul burners and butcher cannons, then do the butcher cannon conversion. I added bunny ears from a normal berzerker head eventually. They look ok scale wise which initially, I didn't think would work. In order to get any additional parts to fit on the head of this kit you need to extend the neck outwards. I did this with some brass rod, and, on payday thus will be disguised with some guitar wire and tubes in the same style as the rest of the sculpt.

Thanks for all the comments guys, and in response to several in particular.......

@subtlediscord - 5 barrels to the butcher cannon is a good idea. As soon as I cast up enough barrels I will see if I can squeeze them in. Been a bit busy and keep meaning to comment on your thread. Amazing stuff. Can't wait to see some dozen ram kits.

@ space wolf and blckbuster - totally unintentional play on words. Hadn't even heard of the band until someone else mentioned it. Weird huh?

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/20120826_164922.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/20120826_165015.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/20120826_165024.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/20120826_165032.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/20120826_165059.jpg

Wow, that Soul Burner is a lot bigger and more intimidating than I thought. It looks as though it might try to eat any unsuspecting unfortunate person that gets too close. Wonderful! Thanks for the feedback, and it's going to be great seeing this come together. Your updates are always worth any wait.

Archived