Dark Angels 6th Edition Starter Box Army

Candleshoes

On the one hand, this matches up with a rumor I heard that GW is advancing the story in 6th and Ultramar gets cut off from the Imperium by warp storms, and thus the sector becomes more independant of the Imperium. So from that standpoint, it would make sense that the Ultramarines wouldn't be the poster boys anymore.

On the other hand, I doubt Dark Angels would be the new poster boys just because ours is not as popular a codex. More likely it'll be Crimson Fists (the old poster boys), Salamanders, or even Imperial Fists before Dark Angels get the spotlight.

:mellow: would we want to be the new poster boyz ????

My answer would be no - I like the fact we're on the fringes :P

Amen to that as well. The appeal of the Dark Angels lies in the fact that we're morally so far removed from being the poster-boy-good-guys that we skirt the grey line between good and evil. You just can't have a poster-boy chapter whose legacy includes torturing prisoners for years to force them to repent for crimes they may or may not have committed, converting Unforgiven battle-brothers into servitors if they are suspected of being untrustworthy to learn the secret, abandoning entire worlds to be destroyed by xenos for the chance to capture a Fallen, and even destroying a Black Templar battle-barge to keep our secret intact.

Okay...6 th edition is it? Let's see here, 5 th edition came out in 2008, and we already going into 6 th? Do you guys really think this is anything more then fanciful wishing? Oh, and Black Legion and Dark Angels-2 of the LEAST popular Marine n Chaos Legions out there? Think about it...usual re-hash of rules is every 5-6 years, and they are making the rules more complex. Their main financial focal point is kids...

NO!!!!We definently dont want to be poster boys.NO NO AND NO!!!

I dont want my chapter to be depicted like that.Keep Matt Ward away from the Rock!I dont want Az to look at a titan and drop it and have god of war like named rules!!

I want my sinister dark fluff and i want to remain as such not to turn emo damit!!

Anyways sorry for the outburst.I can see the boxed set to be easy to do with DA.There is no need to make the marines be DA looking.

Be regulars and have da dekals.Simple,you dont like da?Paint them Blue and stick other decals,easy as pie.Deathwing terminators?Maybe but i doupt

there will be iconography.Bel in there?Possibly nothing great though a generic terminator captain with a tabart mayby cresent bel.

Alpha legion?Same with us.

Its easy to make a starter set depict a specific chapter and yet be generic.

If they release such a set id buy it though.I need both more marines and some chaos marines for modeling dead bodies on my bases(Muahahaha)

Plus we could use them to model some fallen!

Cypher sounds like a good idea indeed.Though he will be a bit difficult to use as a chaos lord fluff wise in generic legions(IE non fallen fluffed lists)

Anyways heres to wishing,i dont so much believe will be in the starter box.The first rumours flying around earlier spoke for a non space marine imperial army never been seen in a starter versus a chaos(not chaos marine nessecerily)respectively.

Though blood of kittens is said to be reliable,having read the necron rumours published there i am making my lair under an everest sised mountain of salt.

Guys, these are rumors! Too many of my brothers seem to be talking about these ideas as is there is any truth to them. Unless any of these new concepts appear in the latest issue of White Dwarf, don't get too excited.

My money is on fake info.

Sounds to much like an illogical load of huha... some of which really makes no sense. (Especially since GW makes a mayor % on their Space marines, so why ever would they not include those in the starter box. (and why 2 starter boxes, 2 army starter boxes have historically worked well? Etc etc etc.)

But a new edition will come somewhere end of next year or start of the next one as the core rules have a lifespan of about 5 years, so that bit can be correct.

Those rumors does not make sence...all fake if you ask me. ;)

Dark Angels are not posterboys. Never gonna be.

It just sounds to good to be true, and does not match with anything I have been told.

Nothing to see here, move along....

Well guys, it's always good, not only to read rumors but also comments from well informed people that stands just below.

This rumour is not direct from BoK (who is always well informed). It's from a member of his community. now here's how BoK commented this post

Thanks rideroftheeerk

I can tell you that some of your source information is correct, what is and what is not I cannot go into right now sadly, but definitely have some good leads that is for sure! Keep it up!

So yes some of the info seem to be true, other seem to be not...

As I understand the thing, those "rumours" are all the ideas GW worked on for 3 years now to prepare v6. They have been playtested, some I've been kept, others have been given up.

For Exemple, I don't think that we'll see the shooting phase after the assault phase. This would change the meta game too much and would create to much disblance between v5 and v6 codexes.

I personnally don't think DA will be in the starter set. Particulary because the same rumours seem to state that DA will be playable with a stand-alone codex. A starter SM army must be built from a vanilla codex. So either there will be no more stand alone DA codex and this remour remains believable, or there's still a DA codex and you can throw it in the trash.

I also don't believe that from a model PoV. You can find templars, BA or UM icons in a tactical marine boxset but nothing related to DA. If the BA style winged skull can be used for other chapters, you're obliged to get the veteran sprue to have typical DA inconography. Here again : GW must keep thing simple for a beginner.

I wonder now if the green boyz seen in the boxset are not salamanders after all <_<

I personnally don't think DA will be in the starter set. Particulary because the same rumours seem to state that DA will be playable with a stand-alone codex. A starter SM army must be built from a vanilla codex. So either there will be no more stand alone DA codex and this remour remains believable, or there's still a DA codex and you can throw it in the trash.

Generic robed marines, from the Dark Angels Chapter in the now 6th Edition Generic Space Marine book could very well be where it will go, and there have been more than enough of these discussions on these boards to give plenty for and against the idea.

It was said in a Standard Bearer article by Jervis when commenting on the potential for new armies or races, that the company would like to maintain and do justice to what armies they already have, with the time they have. Folding the book, but keeping the models, special character(s), fluff alive, still adheres to that philosophy, much like the folding of the Salamanders, who unlike their Templar brothers, were not so lucky in getting an additional book.

The blood of kittens rumors seem far fetched but I've seen at least 3 other reliable rumor mongers confirm that these are accurate rumors for the most part. As for the box sets DA seem to have been confirmed but black legion isn't the other box set(it's some other form of chaos I believe).

I'm wondering if you guys thought that maybe GW is changing it's intro strategy? A lot of people have been wanting smaller roughly 70-100$ individual army starter boxes instead of the current battle force boxes. I can very much see these as a step in that direction both as an intro to the game/hobby for new people and as a very nice little starter package for older gamers wanting to jump into a new army. That design plan makes even more sense when you figure that the boxes will include some army specific themed terrain to go with it which makes it very attractive to collectors and such.

Edit: According to the rumor the boxes will have an IC, some dudes, and some terrain plus + mini rules. I can see them putting Belial or possibly even azzy in the box with some terminators, 3 bikes, and maybe a robed tac squad. That's roughly on par with what we got on the marine side in AoBR. The other reason the split boxes are good is that there is much less after market because one part of the box isn't useful to you. So we won't all of a sudden see tons of ebay figs or the need to swap stuff in store with our buddy that plays a different army. Including an IC along with the troops also makes it a legitimate start to an army, something you couldn't do with battleforces or mega-forces.

There should be no doubt that those rumors are a load of nonsense. If you read it carefully, it's basically a collection of wish listing from Warseer and Dakka, all compiled into a "rumor."

That multiple reliable rumor mongers have all confirmed. There is way too much consistency and thoroughness to these rules for them to be wish listing.

http://bloodofkittens.com/network/groups/g...ht-rumors/home/

That's the link to a more detailed description of the new rules. That's way too much to be just simple wish listing.

I dont know brother Dorma...This is the same guy that said a couple of weeks ago in the necron rumours that the C'tan would make the whole battlefield difficult and dangerus to cross and he realised it after so much time to fix it...Someone most propably told him that he overdid it....

To me it all looks too much like a salt mountain.

I guess we'll see. But the C'tan rumor proved partially true it can turn a section of terrain dangerous just not the whole battlefield. They are rumors after all but there is a nugget of truth or more than a nugget buried in there. These aren't in final form or even close but I think at the very least this is the direction we'll see 6th go.

I could make up a whole lot of bad rumors, the volume of rumors doesn't make it reliable. It's also the same source for the rumors, so it's not another person confirming, it's one person confirming his own rumors, certainly not reliable.

The problem with most rumor mongers, is that they can explain away any reason they are wrong or inconsistent. Just like when "Codex: X" is rumored to be released, when it doesn't people just go "oh, it was postponed" or "Codex: Y" was pushed up in it's place. When a rumored rule is totally wrong it's because "they changed their mind." Codex: BA was a huge example of this, the "reliable" sources said all these crazy things, then even compiled their rumors into a single PDF of how the whole book was supposed to be and they were totally wrong, but they keep their "reliable" reputation because they are good at explaining away all responsibility for being wrong. This is really why rumors shouldn't really be anyone's concern until the book is in ink at the very least.

I could make up a whole lot of bad rumors, the volume of rumors doesn't make it reliable. It's also the same source for the rumors, so it's not another person confirming, it's one person confirming his own rumors, certainly not reliable.

The problem with most rumor mongers, is that they can explain away any reason they are wrong or inconsistent. Just like when "Codex: X" is rumored to be released, when it doesn't people just go "oh, it was postponed" or "Codex: Y" was pushed up in it's place. When a rumored rule is totally wrong it's because "they changed their mind." Codex: BA was a huge example of this, the "reliable" sources said all these crazy things, then even compiled their rumors into a single PDF of how the whole book was supposed to be and they were totally wrong, but they keep their "reliable" reputation because they are good at explaining away all responsibility for being wrong. This is really why rumors shouldn't really be anyone's concern until the book is in ink at the very least.

Then don't believe it that's your choice. But these rumors have the original poster, another one on BoK backing it up, plus 2 more on warseer. That's enough for me to give them credibility at least. Whether anyone else agrees is up to them but for you to say this rumor is only coming from one source with no backing from anyone else is laughable because the evidence is there.

:mellow: would we want to be the new poster boyz ????

My answer would be no - I like the fact we're on the fringes :P

From a narrative point of view, this is why the Dark Angels would be interesting "poster boys." Imagine the Ultramarines being cut off by a warp storm or something. The Imperial propogandists then need somebody else to pimp, and soon afterwards, the Dark Angels conveniently win a stunning victory and kick Abbadon off Cadia or something equally impressive. Without being consulted, the Dark Angels are made to be the new exemplars of the Adeputus Astartes, and "Life of Brian" like hijinks ensue.

Vulkan He'Stan: All hail Azarel, spiritual liege of the Space Marines!

Shrike: Although I strive to follow the teachings of the Lion, I can never be a Dark Angel because of my accursed gene-seed!

Azarel: Um guys... Why don't you just follow your primarch, and we'll follow ours?

Lysander: Only the truly great deny their own greatness!

Azarel: No guys, really. We're the UNFORGIVEN. You really, really, shouldn't follow us. I can't get into details, but...

Kosarro Khan: I got a tattoo of the Lion on my buttocks. Anybody wanna see it?

Azarel: (O_o)

(Two Weeks Later...)

Marneus Calgar: Hey guys, what'd I miss?

Vulkan He'Stan: All hail Azarel, spiritual liege of the Space Marines!

Shrike: Although I strive to follow the teachings of the Lion, I can never be a Dark Angel because of my accursed gene-seed!

Azarel: Um guys... Why don't you just follow your primarch, and we'll follow ours?

Lysander: Only the truly great deny their own greatness!

Azarel: No guys, really. We're the UNFORGIVEN. You really, really, shouldn't follow us. I can't get into details, but...

Kosarro Khan: I got a tattoo of the Lion on my buttocks. Anybody wanna see it?

Azarel: (O_o)

(Two Weeks Later...)

Marneus Calgar: Hey guys, what'd I miss?

I just emptied a bucked of vomit after reading that...Especially the tatoo thingie...Dont let ward read it please!!!

And Dorma:I dont believe that it was revealed later that it was only part of the terrain to be made difficult,i believe it was like that:

BOK author finishes writting a bunch of rumours cooked up by himself.Then goes to sleep.Then his best pall calls him up and wakes him up in the middle of the night:'Man what :P you wrote about the C'tan!!!Not even my cat would believe that.Making THE WHOLE :angry: terrain dangerous!

'Huh?!?!?I got to fix this somehow.....

That more or less what i believe it happened...

+++ please don't dodge the swear filter.. we have a smilie for it... +++

Archived