Would the Primarchs have been better off with a mother?

isilvra

If something is not clear, then seek clarification. It is logical. A ‘mother’ refers to the maternal originator of a given offspring. A ‘mother figure’ may refer to a female primary carer.

It is to useful to argue semantics at this stage, unless confusion is very significant. Primarily, it is interesting to explore opinions.

The primarchs were children bred for war, without femininity they often find love and tenderness comes in a hard embrace, aka no cuddles or kisses on boo boos makes you hard fast, when your farther is the god emperor and he slaps you on the back for wiping out a planet it is easy to see why the primarchs arent touchy feely, they have to work dam hard in order to be adored, (in false gods Horus even says he realises how vain he is in needed the attention and adoration of the people to feel worthy, with a mother he may of been alot more laid back but alot less magnificent in command)

But Spartans of ancient greece (although left with mothers until they were 7) soon adopted love and respect as they soon realised their brother warriors were all they had.

With a mother they may of been both stronger or weaker, it all comes down to the mentality of the primarchs and who they were raised with and none of them (bar Horus) were raised around the emperor, the sadest thing is that Le Man Russ was the only one who had a mother figure and she came in the shape of a giant predator wolf lol.

but if we were to speak of his non bio engineered children and look at the ones that had natural births i believe they would of fared very well knowing their farther is the god emperor and reciving the love of their mortal mother at the same time, would make a very interesting bring your parents to school day thats for sure!

The son of Dorn is correct in his basic analysis. (Although the fluff is obscure about the Sensei now...I think the Emperor was referring to 'brain children' not actual children...)

The most intriguing issue here however, is the idea that gender identity is ascribed to sex identity. It appears that the idea of a mother is more prominent in people’s minds as a stereotype figure and not simply a biological entity that is female.

‘Female’ does not presuppose empathising, weakness of will (lack of direction or ambition in the albescence of a community) or an inability within the sciences (the Emperor was foremost, a scientist). Although though this has been a typical presentation thought human history, there are females who would seek to turn this idea on its head and intrinsically, excel at doing so. Such an individual would work exceptionally hard to establish the protection and unity of mankind.

Let us postulate that if the Emperor is female, she would probably have a form of ‘extreme male brain’ [see: Prof. Simon Baron Cohen’s ‘The essential difference’] and although typically rare, this would give her abilities beyond the ordinary human experience (e.g. super sensory awareness etc). E.g. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18649873

However, the set-back of a spectrum condition is that she would be prone to isolating herself socially to work on projects... http://www.aleph.se/Trans/Individual/Body/genes.html [Have fun!]

Intriguingly, there is then the role of mitochondrial DNA...

http://journals.lww.com/pedresearch/Abstra...e_Brain_.6.aspx

Mitochondrion contain circular stands of DNA called ‘plasmids’ and these are especially stable from mutations. However ‘point mutations’ do occur and can be accelerated to produce desirable traits. These mitochondrial rings are very active, super-coiled DNA that contain their own genetic system (approx 37 genes in all). In particular, mtDNA regulates cell apoptosis, that is cell death and regeneration as well as energy production and amino synthesis directly linked to mental acuity and stamina.

A male does not have all of the genetic material required to make another human independently, but a female does. Thie reason this dosen't occur in nature is due to a risk of increased mutagenisis which is thermodynamically exhausitive to regulate. (The female has one full set of ‘X’ chromosomes, where the male contains a degenerate ‘Y’ chromosome). With mtDNA inheritance exclusivity, occurring only in females, it is a most likely hypothesis that mtDNA manipulation and 'X' activation as well as technosome implntation could be efficiently utilized in creating genetically engineered offspring with only one parent.

[A Helispex will tell you much about Giraffe-like qualities. I have one in the lab. http://www.ramsdale.org/dna1.htm

Male ancestry can be traced via the Y chromosome but in terms of efficiency, it is not as stable (e.g. in the instance of trisomy), whereas mtDNA analysis is almost fool-proof!]

Conclusively, it would be much easier (and more probable) for an individual to create an army of mutant super-soldiers who would succeed an unbroken genetic line capable of carrying genetic memory from their own rich genetic material, if that material were from a female who was sufficiently evolved to donate the material and to engineer it.

I think it is accurate to regard the Emperors sons are ‘his’ and no one else’s. The only likely possibility is that the Emperor, is genetically (but not necessarily phenotypically) female but (possibly) functionally male.

I have thought about this - damn it, I wanna REAL Space Marine! I want one, I want one! I WANT ONE!

Archived